Seriously LDL -- 2013

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Seriously LDL -- 2013

Post by crickadoodle »

OK, the holidays are over and if you are like me, you didn't quite stay so serious about eating well enough to lose weight. In fact, you may find your clothes a little more snug than before the holidays. I still fit in my jeans, but I can tell the difference.

For me, I was hindered by a cold I caught the day after Christmas which shut down my exercising. Well, I have good news to report!! Today is a new day and we can make great choices. We have to be the ones who make the choices that lead to optimum health and vitality. No health care program (Proper name would be "Disease Management Program") of the government will ever have as much power over your health as what you put in your mouth and how you choose to exercise your body.

So, anybody ready to join me in this journey to the best health I can have today? I finally was able to exercise today and actually did all 8 repititions of my Sprint 8 on my recumbent bike. I was aiming for 5, and once I did 5 I wondered if I could do 6, and then 7 and then I made it to 8. Wow! I was impressed with myself!! :D I really didn't think I could start where I left off. Maybe those jeans will come on a little easier today! (I doubt it, since they are in the washer!!) But soon they will.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Seriously LDL -- 2013

Post by Joyful Friend »

Crick, I did fine over the holiday season and our grandson's wedding. I pretty well know the foods that cause me problems, so I try to avoid them. I didn't exercise for two months. I was either too busy going to parties, or hosting them, but I started back last week. I don't need to exercise to stay the same, but to feel better. It is a new year, and I hope everyone can get started improving all aspects of their lives. It's a life change. So grateful for LDL, and all the ones who liven up the boards. Keep looking upward and inward. I can't figure out how to use the icons. Love and happiness to all, JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

JF -- that is great. You are an awesome lady. Keep up the great work.

I know that the holidays bring lots of temptations. I don't have such a problem with food anymore, but to keep my weight the way I like I have to exercise too. I love the recumbent bike. It only takes 20 min. 3 times a week. I love that. It isn't easy in the middle of it, though.
lindawell8
New, but learning

Post by lindawell8 »

Hi, my name is Linda, and I have been on here before and did good on this way of eating. But I thought I needed a change. Wrong. I did loose weight, I am down to 158lbs. But did nothing that I could live forever with. I always am reading the posts on here. And enjoy reading what you all have to say. I need to lose 10lbs, so have chosen to do it this way. And really decide to stay doing this. It is the one that makes me feel the best. And it works.So I am really praying the Lord helps me stay put and quit listening to wrong voices. Thank you for listening.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome back Linda.
Fortunately for me, I tried all the other methods first, and LDL was the only one that has successfully kept the weight off for 3 years now.
I'm here to stay!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I was always trying a new diet, and spent a lot of money doing plans, and I lost the weight, but never could keep it off until LDL. I think the keys for me were no processed foods and less gluten. I didn't know much about gluten until I read Wheat Belly. Then I realized the reason for LDL success. I still am amazed at how great LDL is, but it is harder for many of my friends to make a life long eating change. I wouldn't call myself awesome, Crick, but I would say that I did embrace the idea of not returning to the foods that caused me to regain. So many people think I eat beans 3 times a day, LOL. So wrong, I've really tweaked LDL to include bountiful veggies and fruits. The new milks, coconut, chocolate soy, and sugar free almond are great. I've quit using a lot of artificial sweeteners. I can say that I don't feel deprived when I fix tempting delicious foods for family and friends. I still have my memory, and I remember how good they were, but so are the foods I eat. I loved pizza, but I get the same taste from other veggie recipes. Little Mary has given us wonderful, gluten free recipes. LDL is a variety way to eat. I have exercised at a gym since 2001, when my DH had open-heart surgery. I enjoy how the exercise makes me feel. I mostly walk, use the elliptical, and lift weights. My daughter has a recumbent bike. Almost daily, someone asks me if I'm still on my diet. It's a Livet, not a diet is my answer. Do I always eat healthy, probably not! We eat out a good bit, so many of the foods are cooked in other oils, and way too much salt. I may be one of the oldest on the boards, so when I think of you who are much younger, and yet so wise about your eating and life styles, I know God has blessed you. The LDL red book and friends on the boards have helped me have more enjoyable senior years. God created me and He has allowed me to enjoy His bountiful creations without guilt or worry about regaining. Love and happiness to all, JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Love and happiness back at you, JF! You are such an amazing inspiration to us all. Thank you for your faithfulness in sharing your story and your success!
Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I know that if I'd have never found LDL I'd be even heavier than I was when I started this way of eating. It wasn't getting better, but rapidly getting worse. I was so tired and achy. My feet really hurt. Well my heels. Actually, my whole body hurt. I've learned so much about what is healthiest for me to eat and I know I will never be as heavy as I was before LDL. I've learned how important it is to live a healthy lifestyle by getting enough sleep and exercise. For me it is about being healthy, not so much about being skinny. Yet, it is nice to have clothes fit nicely too. I am stronger than I was, not because of LDL exactly, but I've learned how impt. it is to build muscle mass as we age to make us stronger. I'm so thankful that God led me to this way of eating -- and so thankful for Roger and how he has shared it so freely with us. I'm so glad he didn't keep it to himself.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

AMEN!!