Recent lab values anyone?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
nyKath

Recent lab values anyone?

Post by nyKath »

Just wondering why we don't hear from more of you as to how your cholesterol levels, blood sugars, etc. are faring as you eat for better health and weight loss? It would be an added incentive to those here if you've had great blood work results to share from the last 6 months or so. The nurse in me - and the person! - would love to know this additional confirmation of improved health for the long term. I'm sure others would be glad to know, too. Thx! nyKath
TNangela

Re: Recent lab values anyone?

Post by TNangela »

nyKath,

I have never had an abnormal lab so I can't personally speak on this subject however in the beginning of the year my brotherinlaw started LDL and has lost a lot of weight and called yesterday and said his blood pressure hasnt been this low since age 12 and hes 49...Praise God..I had shared several months ago how he for 3 or 4 years has failed his DOT physical due to weight related problems this year passed it on the first time thanks to LDL!! He is over the road and can't be a part of the boards but each time I see him I am amazed at the difference I see.  LDL is truly saving his life!!ANG
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Wow! That is great news. And I just love a success story! This started my day off on a great note. Thanks and continued good luck to both of you! :) nyK
niki

Post by niki »

hi kathy..i had labs done months before i started on this program....when i'm due to see my dr for labs for my thyroid,i'm going to ask him to do everything........but,my cholesterol was like 170 before ldl..
  my b/p has been higher than it is now....i just had my friend at work take it ..my systolic is good...my diastolic is often 90 or higher(not good).....let's see how my b/p is when i reach my ideal weight(another 15 or 20 pounds)..before i had a problem with my thyroid,i was hypotensive..once it was something like 86/54(i was pregnant at the time and my son is 26 just to show you how long ago that is)..but my father has been hypertensive for MANY years so maybe it just took my body time to show the genetic tendency.......
  i would say that once a lot of these guys hit the 6 month mark,they'll have labs done and they'll see a big difference in their cholesterol levels especially.........niki
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Thanks for the feedback, Niki. We'll all be looking forward to your results and to the results of everyone achieving better health on the LDL way of life. Continued good luck all! :)
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

I will be visiting my Dr. next week for a lab tests & results. Last time i was there a year ago my liver enzymes were a little abnormal...

I will let you guys know!

rh
Richard Hernandez
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

I did have a full physical last spring (colonoscopy included) and that will be my basis. I just started LDL so a 10 month period should render some interesting results.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
bleego
New, but learning

Post by bleego »

Hello all. My husband and I started LDL on May 15th.  On March 1st, his cholesterol was 172,  July 12th it was 146. He has lost 26 lbs.

I have had bloodwork also. I have several medical issues and for some unknown reason my cholesterol shot up a lot. I am not even going to say to what. It can't be the way we are eating though. My husband is a testament to that. I have lost 15.5 lbs.

We love our new lifestyle of eating. No cravings except for beans . We're on LDL forever.

Barb
Barb
niki

Post by niki »

hi barb..that's wonderful....his cholesterol was already excellent and is now terrific...how was his ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol before and now?...my cholesterol was in the 170s last year and i'll be due to go to the doctor in a few months....i won't care of my cholesterol goes down...but,i would love to see my ratio improve......
  and you lost 15 1/2 pounds in 2 months and your husband lost  26...that's great.......keep up the good work and make sure to keep us posted.................niki
Last edited by niki on July 27th, 2006, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bleego
New, but learning

Post by bleego »

Hey Niki, in March ratio was 5.4 and the one this month just under 5. Reference range is <5. And the biggie is in Jan of this year his cholesterol was 238. He was always a big milk drinker. Not anymore.
Barb
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Congrats on the improved blood work, Bleego and hubs! Wooo-whoo!! Love to hear this good stuff. :) nyK
niki

Post by niki »

that's very good barb...now wait until he's been on it for say 6 months..i think EVERYONE will see that the longer they eat this way......first of all,we don't have as much insulin in our bloodstream seeking to create havoc and causing the storage of more fat...and the beans that we eat actively work to increase the cell receptors for insulin,to decrease the amount of insulin in our systems...and acts to reduce our cholesterol levels...look for the posting "beans..they're what 's for lunch and dinner" on the discussion board.............niki 
bleego
New, but learning

Post by bleego »

This is kind of long, but I believe it is significant and speaks wonders for LDL.
My husband and I have been on LDL since May 15th of this year(5 Months).
As of today he has lost a total of 45 lbs. I have lost 24(I lose slowly, but it is going in the right direction).
He had a doctors appointment this morning. I am going to post his test results for January 2006, July 2006 and October 2006. This is amazing to me. And even better he is so pleased.

Normal Range                1/4/06        7/12/06    10/10/06

Triglycerides  <150                          148            165          108
Cholesterol,Total  <200                    238            146          128
HDL(Happy Cholesterol) >40              32 (L)          28(L)      34(L)
LDL(Lousy Cholesterol)  <130          176(H)          85          72
Chol/HDLC Ratio            <5.0            7.4(H)          4.9          3.8

His blood pressure today was 130/84, Dr said it was excellent.
The doctor was shocked that he had lost over 20 lbs since his visit in July.
He then proceeded to question my husband about LDL, said he hadn't written the name down when I was in there last. But after seeing both our results he had some other patients he wanted on this way of eating.
Again thanks to our father above for giving this wisdom to Roger to share with the world. I hope this gives everyone incentive to stay with the program, for your health as well as losing the unneeded weight.

Oh yes, the doctor said even though the good cholesterol is a little low, he is not worried about it, and to continue on with exactly what he is doing and he feels it will also improve  in another 3 months.

Barb
Barb
niki

Post by niki »

this is FANTASTIC.....now,would you mind taking the time to post these lab results in the medical success boards under the topic hypercholesterolemia?.......my goal in this is to reach as many people as possible that have these different problems by enabling them at one touch to access all the info we have available....thank you SO much.....and both of you,keep up the good work........niki 
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Barb,
thats awesome for your hubby!!!  I cant wait until Hannah's test results look this improved!!! Tell him congrats from me and way to go on both of your weight losses!!
ANG
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Wow, Barb! What wonderful results for both of you! I am most impressed! Keep on keeping on! :) .....NYKath
bleego
New, but learning

Post by bleego »

Thanks guys, the support here is so nice.
Barb
AzRuth
New, but learning

Post by AzRuth »

Barb ,
These results are so encouraging.  Thanks for reporting them!  My husband, Ron took special notice as he takes Lipitor and high blood pressure meds.  We have a ways to go, but he has lost about 12 lbs. in 5 wks. on the plan.  He went to his doctor last week and his doc said to keep it up.  He also had blood work done, so maybe in 6 mos. we can give a similar fantastic report! 
LDL is such a blessing.  :D Thanks Roger Troy for allowing God to use you to be an instrument to help so many of us that have wanted to lose weight (and keep it off) for so long.
God Bless!
Ruth