Great extra benefit

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gammamel
New, but learning

Great extra benefit

Post by Gammamel »

I started the plan on Saturday and have discovered the best benefit so far is the change in my digestive system.  I haven't seen much posted about this, so I hope it's not too sensitive, but for the first time in years I'm not bloated or constipated. I have been drinking two smoothies a day, one in the morning and one in the evening.  In spite of also eating lots of beans and corn, I do not have gas, and my system is working better than it has in years.  I sure hope this continues!  8)
niki

Re: Great extra benefit

Post by niki »

that's good to hear,melodie...because a lot of people have some problems digesting the beans....but,i'm with you....it's another good thing about let's do lunch..niki
Tori

Post by Tori »

I think it is great that you brought this up! There are many people who have sensitive digestive systems, and it is important that they know how much this way of eating can help them in that area.

I for one, have struggled with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) for YEARS. Basically ever since I had a hysterectomy at 22 years of age. (endometriosis, pre-cancerous cells ...) Since that time, I have spent many miserable days and nights dealing with my digestive system.

Now that I have begun eating the LDL way, I can honestly say that I have had NO problems at all .... and for me, that was a HUGE blessing!
niki

Post by niki »

see now tori?....that's just the kind of posting EVERYONE needs to know about..that's wonderful...what an added blessing.......kat was asking about people's success stories in regards to their diabetes..........I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT ALL THE SUCCESS STORIES IN REGARDS TO THE IMPROVEMENT TO PEOPLE'S HEALTH.......
  could we create a board just for people to share their imrpoved and/or resolved  medical issues?
  how traumatized you MUST have been to have a surgery like that done at such a young age...i thank God that He uses adversity in our lives to single us out and call us and draw us closer....i thank God that you dealt with such an adversity to be the beautiful believer that you are.........God bless you and your entire family always..................niki       
Tori

Post by Tori »

Yes, Niki, it was very hard to have a hysterectomy so young. I have always wanted a BIG family with lots of kidlets running around, so this was a tough blow for me. However, I am thankful that the Lord blessed me with a doctor who listened to me, and as such, saved me from dying of cancer. There are ALWAYS blessings, even in the midst of adversity.

About the board .... I'm sure we could put up another board for medical testimonials. What's one more board, right? ;D