Laughing at myself

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gammamel
New, but learning

Laughing at myself

Post by Gammamel »

Before I leave for the day, I must share.  I confessed yesterday that:

1) On day one (last Saturday) I froze whole bananas, unpeeled (which I thawed, salvaged and refroze. peeled, in a freezer bag).
2) On day two I twisted the blender and ended up with a smoothie all over my counter (which I scooped up as much as possible and drank anyway).

Well, yesterday, disaster number 3).  Last night I made a large amount of wonderful veggie bean soup, half to put in the fridge and half to freeze.  When it was almost finished, I got a phone call.  I got sidetracked, and when I went back to the kitchen the soup had started to burn.  But again it all worked out.  Rather than panic, I removed the pot from the burner.  I then used a ladle to ladle out all the soup down to the scorched/stuck part.  Thank God I had the presence of mind to resist the urge to try to scrape/stir the bottom when I realized it had stuck.  I simply carefully ladled everything out until I got to what had stuck.  Fortunately, I must have caught it right away, because the soup was wonderful.  There was no scorched taste whatsoever.  The pot is still waiting for me in the sink, filled with sudsy water to make it easier to clean.

Hope I can avoid any more disasters for a while.  Luckily, so far they've all turned out okay.  Have a great evening.  :-[
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Laughing at myself

Post by Queenie »

Too funny!! 

And isn't it amazing - you're human!!!  It's great that you have the ability to laugh at yourself -

Of course, it's a lot funnier AFTER the fact, isn't it??  LOL!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Re: Laughing at myself

Post by niki »

hi melodie....i have to tell you that i HATE when i burn something....especially my soups....it's so much work to do it and you lose some of what you worked so hard to make and make a big mess..........duh....niki