READY - SET - GO

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
grammylaurie
New, but learning

READY - SET - GO

Post by grammylaurie »

I am so excited. My book finally came yesterday. Well 3 business days is such a long time when you are waiting for something this good.  Anyway I have been just eating more fruits/veggies and getting myself prepared. Over the weekend I made a big step about cutting down sugar/pasta/potatos. I have noticed a little difference already with my cravings. They always have junk food out here at work. And I took a few chips on Monday and ate a couple of them and they just did not taste as good as they use to. So I threw what I had on my plate out. I had brought some melon with me and I went to my desk and ate it.  Anyway we are having a office lunch today and I don't want to feel like I am starting off failing so I will officially start tomorrow.  I do plan on eating the best that I can during today.  I plan on stopping at the store on my way home and buying all the fruit/veggies that catches my eye. That will be a good time as I will be hungry. I will go down the fruit isle down the isle with the beans and up to check out. My wonderful daughter-in-law will go get what ever else I need for me until my cravings are gone. I plan on making white-chicken-chili for dinner tonight and having that tomorrow for lunch.  Anyway back to my book.  I have been flooding God's throne with prayers about this and my success. I have not been successful with any diet in my life. I have no willpower of my own so I will be drawing on the willpower of my Lord and Savior (Jesus Christ). And the support that I will receive from this community of new friends. I can not explain the joy and the excitement that I am feeling about this. My life needs to change as far as how I am taking care of my body. I know that for me this is not a diet just to loose weight this needs to be a life change. Well my book was waiting for me when I got home. And I ripped it open and carried it to my chair and sat down and spend some time in prayer over it. As I was reading it last night I kept stopping to pray that I would grasp the whole of it. And that each word would be a building block on which to build my new eating habits out of. I thank GOD for healing Rogers eating habits and his body. And all of you also and I have faith that He will do the same for me and others who begin this. I AM SO EXCITED! Roger I also would like to say that I am one of the reasons that you needed to write your book and that you need to share what God has done for you.  I have prayed for a long time for this kind of direction, for this leader to help instruct me. And through your obediance many lives, mine included will be changed.  Thank you. God Bless you all.
Bobbi

Re: READY - SET - GO

Post by Bobbi »

I am very excited for you too! I look forward to hearing your progress/success story. I remember counting down the days till my book arrived also.

Good Luck to You! ~Bobbi  :)
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Yay! You're ready, Laurie! And much good luck to you. Once you're in the proper mindset of a lifestyle change and NOT a diet, there won't be any holding you back. You're doing this for Your health and for Your future, not to please anyone else or to get to someone else's idea of what a healthy body should look like or weigh. You make the changes you need in your life because it's what YOU want to and need to do to improve your health and keep you around for a good long time. Wishing you the many blessings of this board as you embark on better wellness! :) nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

God bless you,dear sister in the Lord...i am so happy to see this happening for you as it did for me....i have been so blessed and it warms my heart to see you receive this blessing also......
  i can already see that you WILL be successful...ask ANY questions...we're here for you to help you in any way we can...we're here for each other..
make sure you get popcorn and soynuts and that you're NEVER hungry.....you DON'T need willpower for this program....i am SO glad about that because i ran out of willpower YEARS ago....................
  God bless you................niki 
grammylaurie
New, but learning

Post by grammylaurie »

Thanks everyone. I feel so blessed to have a support group like this.  I started officially today. And I had my XLarge fruit smoothie for breakfast. And I brought tomatoes with olive oil and seasonings on it + a baggie of popcorn for during the day. My plan is to have a grilled chicken salad at lunch with double meat. And then a tossed salad with white chicken chili for my dinner.
Last night I got all of my fruit cleaned and packaged in the freezer so I did a sample of the smoothie last night. My husband thought it was real good. He only needs to loose about 10-15 # if that but I am sure that he will loose just by eating with me.  I told him if he decides to have anything that I should not be eating to please eat it at lunch. At least until I break my addiction.  For both of us Pasta & potato is the biggest favorite. So I did find on the board some spaghetti squash recipes so I will be looking to buy one and give it a try.  Again thank you all and God Bless you.  Laurie