Worried about my lunch.....

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
steffie
New, but learning

Worried about my lunch.....

Post by steffie »

I am going on a Mystery Trip with a local senior group I belong to on Friday. The director for the trip takes us somewhere and we never know where we are going until we get on the bus. This trip includes our lunch. The ones I have been on in the past, the lunch is usually a set menu. I signed up for this day trip about 6 weeks ago, before I started the LDL program. I am almost at the end of my first 3 weeks on the program. I am really starting to stress about Friday. I don't want to get myself this upset. Any ideas, PLEASE!!!!!!!
Steffie
Bobbi

Re: Worried about my lunch.....

Post by Bobbi »

Roger says in the book something to the effect of make the best choice out of all of the possible choices. So, if you are someone having salad & pasta (for example) at this lunch, I would not eat any of the bread they serve beforehand & eat tons of salad so you don't eat so much pasta.
If you are able to, he also suggests eating fruit before you even go so you will become fuller quicker. I would not stress about it. I am only one week ahead of you in doing LDL, but if it were me I would do my absolute best to stay away from the bad foods. Good Luck. Have Fun :)
niki

Post by niki »

bobbi's absolutely right......don't stress over it..or as we say in ny donworryaboutit....and just what bobbi said,eat fruit before...eat a lot of salad...and then see what you eat after that............
  DON'T weigh yourself the next day...just go right back on the program...i went off for a whole weekend when i was on this for a month.......i was away with people from church..we ate every meal out......i had a GREAT time...someone asked me how much i gained when i came back.....I ABSOLUTELY did not weigh myself.......i just went right back on monday morning and didn't look back...........
   in my whole life,i have never been able to go right back on ANY diet...it would take me months to get back on the track...........just make sure that you make SURE to eat until full and keep snacks handy for a few days while your body detoxifies from the grains...someone said they did the soup and fruit flush.....c'mon,take it easy....go back on let's do lunch eating EVERYTHING to ensure your success....as far as i'm concerned,that fruit and soup flush is for when you're already detoxified and want to jumpstart your body.......not because you ate something you shouldn't have......we don't start the program with a soup fruit flush...eat everything so you keep the cravings at bay for long term success...THAT'S my concern......niki
Gammamel
New, but learning

Post by Gammamel »

I'm wondering if you could also pack a few things to take with you, especially a couple of pieces of fruit?  And Roger said in the book that he used to have his wife pack a pretzel in her purse for him in case he got a real craving for bread at a restaurant.  I know the pretzels are supposed to be an occasional treat, but this seems like such an occasion.