New and hopeful

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Theresa
New, but learning

Re: New and hopeful

Post by Theresa »

:'(can anyone tell me how long it taking maybe just to lose a couple pounds.  I have been on the program 3 weeks and nothing.  I had 2 bad days but not horrible days.  I know it took me awhile to gain the weight so it will take time to lose but 3 weeks I should see something.  I take so much medicine and I think that  may be what is slowing everything down.. Any tips my friends.  I'm really getting depressed and I hate being depressed
niki

Post by niki »

hi theresa...read the book again and just make sure you're doing everything the way you're supposed to...make sure you're eating until full...bear in mind that when you go off,your body needs time to recover from the fluctuation caused by eating things you shouldn't.....keep pressing in(i went two months without losing anything and now i'm up to almost a 35 lb loss)..niki 
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Theresa:

I'm curious, have there been any other changes like looser clothing, are you feeling better.........?

I tend to loose weight fast but Delia loses very slowly (4 lbs to my 15 in the first month), we are both heavy, eating the same foods but Delia takes four meds every morning and I take "zip".

Also, if we just need to loose a few pounds that we have been carrying around for years then the fat may be resilient. The older the fat in our bodies the harder (literally) it gets. Which is why weight loss slows down after a while (learned that in my Weight Watcher days).

That being said, keep reading the book (took me about three times before it really clicked in), eat until you are full, keep taking your meds (hopefully, in time your doctor may eliminate or reduce dosages depending on the type of meds and your medical history)ONLY EAT ACCEPTABLE FOODS and most important stay with us. We are like the Marines, if you fall, we are going to come for you.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
niki

Post by niki »

hi joe...great to have you back...while you were gone,we didn't have ONE nonsensical conversation.....and NOW,"we're like the marines....if you fall,we will come for you?".......you REALLY crack me up......niki 
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

O.K., a little hokey but I was making a point.

Joe
niki

Post by niki »

nonono...i like it....i thought it was great....BUT,i don't know what "hokey" is...........niki
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

niki;

'Hokey' = 'corny'

So you see that 'hokey' is GREAT on LDL!

NJ
niki

Post by niki »

ok...gotcha................niki
Theresa
New, but learning

Post by Theresa »

Thanks for the pep talks.  I'm back 100% I much have that fat that wants to stick around.  But I will keep plugging away. Thanks for the good words
Theresa
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

It's a mind set......................even your underwear should be Fruit of the Loom!

Joe
Grammasuz

Birthday wishes

Post by Grammasuz »

Theresa wrote:Thanks for the pep talks.  I'm back 100% I much have that fat that wants to stick around.  But I will keep plugging away. Thanks for the good words
Theresa

I see we haven't heard from you in a while.  Hope you're still loving LDL.  But most of all, I want to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY -  I see on the calendar that tomorrow is YOUR SPECIAL DAY.  God's blessings.  Give us an update!!!