Day 3

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Day 3

Post by MaryAnne »

Still no book...but I got confirmation that it has shipped! WOO WOO

Yesterday was a bit challenging and I think I did OK, but had some obstacles

Breakfast
Banana and coffee

Mid morn
Watermelon

Lunch
Sweet Tomatoes with a client
Caesar Salad, Mixed greens with blue cheese, cucumbers, onions, peppers. cottage cheese, grapes, cantelope

Mid Aft
Popcorn

Dinner
Ladies Guild pot luck board meeting!!! OH MY
I brought a fresh fruit salad or grapes, pears and cantaloupe
There were so many yummy things to choose from but I think I did OK. My biggest problem was all the salads already had the dressing tossed in.  I ate roasted pork tenderloin, fruit salad I brought, and a Chinese salad, i picked out the Raman noodles, i am sure the dressing had sugar in it. I didn't eat very much of it, then there was another salad that was a vinaigrette dressing, better but it had avocados in it. I tried to pick out large chunks. All in all I think I did pretty well....TRUST ME it could have been so much worse...mashed potatoes, corn souffle, guaca and chips, dips, garlic bread, sour dough bread, cheese spreads, and i won't even go into the desserts that were there :-X

Well today I start day 4 and on into the weekend!!! That is what worries me. I have a  birthday brunch on Sunday morning...I am going to go for the eggs and fruit and a glass of wine.....If I make it through the weekend there is hope LOL just kidding. My book should be here very soon. I want to read it so I don't have to get ya'lls input on everything I eat...I can refer to the book then! YEA

Thank you so much for your input and support...it is really appreciated...

OK I thing I am ready for breakfast...and it is different today!!!! (Leftover fruit salad from last night) but I did have my banana on the way into work:-)

HAVE A WONDERFUL AND BLESSED WEEKEND EVERYONE!!
Bobbi

Re: Day 3

Post by Bobbi »

You sound like you are doing good so far.
Don't worry about the brunch. My birthday fell in my first month on LDL
& it wasn't too big of a difference. It sounds like you are already pretty aware of what to & not to eat (i.e. dressings with sugar)

Can we not have avacados? I can't remember that. I rarely would eat them anyway but if someone knows the answer, please post.

You sound like you are off to a good start! You will do fine. :)
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

The meat was a pork tenderloin. I didn't cook it the woman hosting our meeting provided the main course.The members brought the sides.The tenderloin had no sauces or anything just roasted in its own juices. The meeting was from 6-10 pm---I had to eat the best choices that were there or i would have been starving and made bad choices later on...and yes i ate something before the meeting so i wouldn't be as hungry.
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

Bobbi,
thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
It is my neices 30th bday so us gals are all meeting for brunch at the Marriot. They have a wide variety on their buffet, it will be up to me to make the right choices. My BDay is next month and it usually goes by without me even realizing it LOL I am usually so busy with the kids being back to school and handling their affairs :P
thanks again bobby
have a great weekend
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

no there wasn't any visible fat. thanks
Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Your Welcome MaryAnne!

I am getting my son reading for school too in the next 2 weeks.
How old are your little ones?

Have a Nice weekend also!  :)
Theresa
New, but learning

Post by Theresa »

Sounds like you are doing good.  I'm doing well this afternoon.  I have to go to the store and stock up on the things I can eat. 
good luck to you on day 4
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

Bobbi,
i have a daughter that is going to be a senior...she turns 18 next month!!! oh my!!! but such a great, beautiful spirit she is
and then i have my baby..he is 10 and going into 5th grade...he is my sunshine!! I have been blessed with such great kids. Not sure if i am ready to be back in the school routine!!! I spen all my time running from one event to another LOL

have a great weekend
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

Theresa,
Thank you fellow newbie!! Good luck to you too ;D
have a great weekend
mary anne
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

As to avocados, I like to recall some lines from the film "Oh, God":

John Denver: Didn't you create a perfect world?

George Burns (as God): Except the avocado.........made the pit too big!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
MaryAnne
New, but learning

Post by MaryAnne »

Cute Joe!! I have to agree, the darn pit is too big.

Thank you for all your support and nice comments. Mary I am going to add a tendrloin to my grocery list.
Mary Anne