Shouldn't feel guilty, I know

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gammamel
New, but learning

Shouldn't feel guilty, I know

Post by Gammamel »

I'm trying to take everyone's advice and eat until I'm full, but as a longtime dieter that's actually a real adjustment.  Since I started last Saturday, the most I've had for dinner is a smoothie, followed by soup or salad, and then popcorn later if I was still hungry.  But for some reason last night I was just plain hungry.  Yet I felt like I shouldn't eat any more.  Well, I trusted in what you all say, and I went to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cold corn, tomatoes, lefover asparagus, a few blue cheese sprinkles with a small dab of acceptable salad dressing.  It filled me up and I felt better.  I still felt a little guilty, however, eating that much not long before I went to bed.  I'm going to trust you on this, but it's like jumping into the pool when you're just learning to swim.

Mel
niki

Re: Shouldn't feel guilty, I know

Post by niki »

hi mel....that's the reason that i tell people to REALLY eat until they're full...i know that it's hard for a lot of people(especially women who are chronic dieters more than men are)to really eat until full..personally,i love food so i never had a problem doing that....but,what you want to do is REALLY eat until full and then as you do that, not eating the sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars will stabilize and you'll find that you won't be ABLE  to eat as much.............
  so make sure that you are really eating until full because you're NOT on a diet and let's take it from there.....you haven't even been on the program for a week so you have to give your body some time,,..just make sure you're eating from ALL the food groups.....try to eat as many beans as you can..eat all the popcorn you want........soynuts..........don't let yourself be hungry.............niki