Misto

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
imkay

Misto

Post by imkay »

does anyone have a Misto?  you put your own oil in it (olive oil is what i use) and you pump the top and spray!  it's like pam with out the propellents.  i picked mine up at linens and things for about $8.  it is awesome for spraying on popcorn and i even use it on my salads.  here is the link
http://www.misto.com/
well worth the money!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
nyKath

Re: Misto

Post by nyKath »

I was just thinking about this very thing today on my way out the door. Will grab one on my next trip as I have a coupon from L&T. Thanks! nyKath
Gammamel
New, but learning

Post by Gammamel »

There's also a new line of salad dressings that come in a spray bottle.  They're called Wish-Bone Spritzers.
imkay

Post by imkay »

i will have to look for those.  i wonder what the ingredients are?
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

I haven't tried these yet, either, but I'll be looking for added sugar and  high fructose corn syrup when I do. ... I've always been fond of just some oil and balsamic vinegar and a squish of lemon or lime juice, too, as a simple dressing. Wishing us luck with the prepared stuff!  nyKath
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

I have one of those! The olive oil in it is probably old and rancid, but some hot water and soap should fix that. Thanks for the reminder!
Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

I have 2 of these somewher in the house. I've bought them at Walmart and Kmart. Now I need to look for them.

Thanks for joggin the memory !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I have one, too, but it's at least 10 years old.  I got it when they first came out.  It now sprays in one horrible little stream - I wonder if a good thorough hot water cleaning would fix it??  I'll have to try.

I also have one of those Wishbone Spritzers in my fridge.  I have the Italian type and unfortunately, the second ingredient is High Fructose Corn Syrup... out it goes!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
imkay

Post by imkay »

if you check out the website, there is a place for troubleshooting that should help with getting your misto in perfect working condition!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Thanks, Kay!!

I'll do that!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

i finally got to linen n things to buy a misto....they didn't have any........i went to waldbaums(the supermarket next door)and as i'm shopping i see a display out of nowhere for "touch of oil"...a spray bottle for oil.....it has a cap that you use to pump air into the bottle....six bucks...........what a great idea...i had seen it at one of those home parties where people sell things for the kitchen years ago............although years ago i had no use for an item like this which is now of tremendous value...thanks for the idea,kay........................niki