Results?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Results?

Post by joecaracappa »

Last night I went to my police reserve meeting where in the roll call room the tables and chairs are anchored to the floor. Last month at the same meeting (before LDL), I noticed my belly rubbing against the table but last night there was a considerable amount of clearance. I still have not weighed myself but it is getting obvious that this is working!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
nyKath

Re: Results?

Post by nyKath »

Whoo-hooo! Love to hear stuff like this, Joe! Smoooookin'!!...nyKath
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Wowwwweeeee!!  Way to go, Joe!!

How long until you weigh for the first time?

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Queenie:

Eleven days, 08/20. Friday I bought a new pair of jeans at Wal-Mart (44's, relaxed fit) but had to really Squeeeeeeeeeze into them. I expressed to Delia that I might not be ready yet but she suggested that they would probably stretch out if I wore them, they did, I'm wearing them now.

Joe
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Joe,

So you started 6 days before I did.... I can't wait until my first weigh-in!!!  That said, as Niki says, I probably shouldn't concentrate too hard on it.  My clothes are a bit looser - and I'm not hungry!!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Joe,

I know the feeling (or lack) of a belly rubbing against objects. For me the first sign was the steering wheel. Desks, turnstiles, and diner booths are still an issue, but I know in time I will be able to enter and exit these with no obstructions !!

Keep up the great work !!

God Bless you !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Trust me, it is a joy just to tie my shoes without having to unzip my pants and ex-hailing.

Joe
grammylaurie
New, but learning

Post by grammylaurie »

I sure know that feeling. I would love to be able to tie my shoes while still breathing.  I will stay positive and say that I will do that by Christmas morning (or sooner). That will be almost 5 months.
I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strengths. (Scripture doesn't say some things it says we can do ALL THINGS) Praise the Lord for His promise.
Have a good evening everyone. Laurie
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Perhaps Scripture doesn't mention it because everyone wore sandals, I don't know.........

Joe
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Bwahahahahahhaha!! Joe, your sense of humor is truly a gift. Thanks for sharing it with us! (I almost spewed my coffee there....:)....) nyKath
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

How come Delia doesn't think I funny?

Joe
niki

Post by niki »

i'll answer your question with another question....why do YOU think delia doesn't think you're funny?...find this out because in lieu of your taking care of the animals,we were going to make you the lead stand up comic on open mike night............niki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Because after 26 years it takes a lot to impress one's wife.

As to stand up, while not a shy person (e.g. I do a 17 minute monologue as Robert Baden-Powell in full make up and costume), I do not have the timing skills required which is the beauty of the printed word, the readers do the timing in their heads.

You know what prosciutto is? It's an Italian ham, that's me!

Joe
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Hey Joe,
After we have been on LDL for 26 years together I am sure niki and I can answer that question and shed the light on why Delia doenst find you so funny ;D
ANG
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

I'll be 83 in 26 years, my goal will be to become the healthiest member of the shuffleboard team. Besides, everyone is funny by the time their 83.

Joe
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I am sure you will be the healthiest...assuming anyone else joins the shuffleboard team!!In 26 years I will be 65 & eligible  for retirement!! Do full time mothers get to retire??? Or do they become full time grandmothers?? I can only imagine how many of those my dear children will bless me with!!!
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

first of all,ang...you'll never retire as a mother...you'll get ADDITIONAL duties as a grandmother........

joe, i never saw that post about your buying a smaller size in pants..that's WONDERFUL....you know,i think you guys are better off that you're not able to weigh yourselves....your focus is how you're eating and i think that that's where it should be.........
  AND,you better WORK on your timing as a stand up comic because you're getting more and more limited in what you can do...you're not going to be allowed in the kitchen..you're not going to be allowed near the edible animals.......if you make friends with the pit bull,you can do security......OR you can be the activities director and run the shuffleboard games.................niki   
Last edited by niki on August 11th, 2006, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

At our ranch I am going to build the world's largest G scale (for garden) model railroad layout in the world!

I currently have one under construction in the backyard. Eventually there will be something in it (a building, a forest, a bridge...) named after everyone I have ever met.

At the ranch, we will do the same, e.g. "Niki's Domestic Cow Refuge", "Little Mary's Public House (Roger could play the piano)" and so on, as I learn more about our members, I would make the appropriate designation.

Roger recommends gardening as exercise and this is the most fun you will ever have in a garden!

Joe
niki

Post by niki »

so besides being activites director,you can be in charge of the gardens..you can build a train for the kids to ride on through the gardens..............because i don't know about putting you in charge of sales...you can't seem to convince your wife that you're funny and you can't talk your way back into the kitchen(or HAVE you done that?).
  and,by the way,my refuge will have more than cows in it..what about henrietta?..............niki
Last edited by niki on August 11th, 2006, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

it sounds like a noisy garden..count me in Joe Can I be co conductor on your days off???
ANG