Praise Report

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
abundantlyblessed

Praise Report

Post by abundantlyblessed »

I just wanted to share a praise report with you all, dear people who would understand.  :)

As I have shared before, Friday nights are a challenge to me as we go to my parents' home where there is a 'dessert buffet'.  I have been doing LDL for 3½ weeks now, with some bumps as I got started.  Each Friday night I have eaten whatever dessert was available because I'm not on a diet and I wanted it.  :(

Roger's statement really helped me, "If I don't crave it why would I want to put it in my body and get" (or stay) "fat."

Well, yesterday we had 'Sloppy Toms', which is Sloppy Joes made with ground chicken or turkey and eaten with Corn Thins, for dinner. I decided that I'd need some beans to curb that bread/donut desire, so I also made some of Mary's Chicken & Sweet Corn Chowder.  Then since we were going over around 4 in the afternoon, I took 2 plums and an orange with me. 

As soon as I got there I ate my plums.  Wiithin 30-60 minutes I ate my very sweet orange.  Then I made a big batch of popcorn which I promptly chowed down on.  :)

There was one point in the evening when I was tempted to go and eat a sugar free chocolate candy that I'd brought over there from LONG ago when I was doing Atkins.  But then I reasoned that I wasn't really craving it and I could therefore pass it by.  Besides eating those had contributed to my lack of weight loss on that plan.

Now, I have to admit that I had another reason I was able to pass by all the candy, donuts, and ice cream.  Since I have about a hundred or more pounds to loose, the majority of my clothes are stretchy material.  Several months ago, I was given a pair of zip-up jean shorts.  I put them on and could barely get them buttoned, forget about zipping them. I folded them up and put them in the drawer. 

Well, yesterday I was looking for something to wear and decided I would just try on those shorts to see if maybe I'd lost any weight (Sept. 1 will be my month and I can weigh) because I cannot tell much in all my normal, stretchy clothes.

I was amazed to find that I could easly button and zip those shorts!!! I gladly wore them and was pleased to show off to my dear husband.  ;D  So, since I was wearing those shorts, I was further encouraged to stay away from those fattening foods!

I was so proud of myself!  My husband and sons were proud of me too!  We high-fived in the kitchen when we got home around 10:30! I went to bed feeling great!

Thanks for reading and rejoicing with me,
Michele
TNangela

Re: Praise Report

Post by TNangela »

Michele,
I am so proud that you are seeing progress!!!  Maybe as your family sees the weight melting you can encourage them to have Friday night soup buffets instead of dessert.  We have done this at my inlaws as so many have joined us in LDL, and we all enjoy so much sampling many different soups.  God bless,
ANG
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Michelle - that is wonderful!!  These little victories will end up with big losses!  It's hard at first to "not" eat what everyone else is, but OH the rewards!  And after a while, you won't even care what others are eating.

A couple of weeks ago our entire family was at my folks house with tons of food.  I brought all the stuff for my smoothie and when there was a break in the margarita making, I used the blender for my dinner.  I sat there and drank it and it was just great to talk to everyone and not be obsessed with food.

And a BIG CONGRATULATIONS for getting into those shorts!!  Pretty soon you'll be giving them away because you'll be swimming in them - isn't that a great thought?

You are doing wonderfully and all your new friends here will support you every step of the way.  (I have a bunch of weight to lose too, so I'm on the same page with you.)

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

WAY TO GO, Michelle. Congrats.

Patty
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

Queenie wrote:
And a BIG CONGRATULATIONS for getting into those shorts!!  Pretty soon you'll be giving them away because you'll be swimming in them - isn't that a great thought?

Carolyn

What an awesome thought!  Thanks!

Yes, it is hard changing some habits, like eating when and what everyone else is, but it is definately worth it!

Thanks everyone for jumping in with your congratulations.  You're encouragement means a lot!

God bless,
Michele
niki

Post by niki »

PRAISE GOD...........that's so wonderful...and just wait..there's more to come...this is just the beginning..wait until you almost can't stand the sight of that unhealthy stuff and your pants literally fall off you so that you have to find clothes that fit..............
  friday night........THE BEAN BUFFET......how about that,guys?........it can start out at your parents......but as soon as the ranch is real,it can be the friday night attraction....THE BEAN BUFFET hosted by the bean queen(aka niki)..................................niki   
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Michelle that is simply wonderful!!!  I know you must have been thrilled.  Thank you so much for sharing your success.  It gives me hope for myself.   :)
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by minnieme »

Kudos Michele...give yourself a BIG HUG and Praise The Good Lord above.

Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Thank you for sharing that success story.

God Bless

Gregg
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

What a wonderful story of strength and determination.  Just what I needed to keep me going strong.
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Wonderful Michele, in a few days I will share a similar experience but today is YOUR day.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.