Dog-paddling Every Day for an Hour...and I Love It!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: Dog-paddling Every Day for an Hour...and I Love It!

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Roger!

*runs over and gives you a big hug!!* It's so good to see you posting again! :D Your exercise sounds so fabulous! I wish I had a pool that I could exercise in! I'm so happy to hear you are feeling better and stronger. Please give Neets a hug from me! Love you guys.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The company being there for you was a diversion from the overwhelming sense of grief and loss.
Now that these emotions have subsided somewhat, you are feeling the need to complete the grieving process.
It is a good sign of healing.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
True
New, but learning

Post by True »

Makes me want to go to our nearest spa health center and try it! I've been blessed to have a daughter start a studio dance that I've been going to since March of this year. When I first started I felt really stiff and my endurance wasn't so great either... now, I feel more flexible and my stamina has increased! I love swimming though, and maybe I can start that as well!

I am glad to hear everyone is doing well and still around! I am going to start to post my eating and exercise and keep track again to keep myself on the road to health and my desired weight! I would like to get down about 50 lbs. +. So, I must journal again and make some plans to see this through!

I've decided to start tomorrow morning! So many blessings to you all again and I'll see you soon! Dog paddling my way seems so much fun! :ymapplause:
True
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Actually, Roger, what you are doing is treading water, not dogpaddling.
With dogpaddling you are actually moving across the pool.
I can tread water all day and love it.
If you want to increase the strength in your legs, raise your arms above the water and continue bicycling without the use of you hands and arms.
In order to pass Senior Lifesaving we had to swim 10 laps of the pool, tread water for so many minutes and then tread water for one or two minutes. Do this several times during your 2 hour time in the pool and you will see even better results as changing exercise routine forces our muscles to work better.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sorry Roger, did not realize you were actually swimming across the pool.
I guess the breast stroke I used to do with a frog kick was just too relaxing.
I never felt tired. Swimming is a wonderful way to get a great night's sleep; even though I never felt tired, I slept like a baby. A good nights sleep will definitely allow your body to heal and repair. I am most comfortabe Iin the water, so swimming and iceskating are most enjoyable for me. Running, walking or jogging are not something I enjoy so I easily give it up at the first excuse. You have to enjoy what you are doing or eating or the committment will soon fade.
Linda

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Mary, you made me laugh! I had to look up gangnam style and watch it. I could just imagine the Roger-paddle in the pool without that annoying music and rap on the video, and exercising to some REAL music, with harmony and inspiring lyrics. I'm sure I like the same music that Roger and Neet like. I love the water myself, I can float and relax or swim in my own waterworld and when I have to share the pool with the kids, I just think of the Caccoon effect and how much better I am going to feel when I'm done. My daughter dropped her Y membership, so I can't swim with my grandkids. Maybe she will renew it this winter. Live well and love God, our Creator.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11