Recipes...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
katjack
New, but learning

Recipes...

Post by katjack »

Are there any recipes that aren't in the books?

AND

If I don't have time to make one of the recipes, is throwing
some cooked chicken in my salad for lunch ok?

Thanks

KJ
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: Recipes...

Post by LittlePrincess »

There are a ton of recipes on the boards that aren't in the books and yes you can toss some chicken into your salad. :D

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I throw chicken, boiled eggs, and or beans on my salad all the time.
In a pinch I will eat a breast off a rotisserie chicken and a can of green beans for lunch!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
katjack
New, but learning

Post by katjack »

ok great, at least I don't feel like I am doing something wrong by not making one of the recipes..

I found the Holiday recipes, can you point me in the direction of others please!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Katjack- Welcome to LDL! This plan has saved my life. I was on a very destructive course of obesity that was bound to shorten my life. This is the only plan of the many, many I tried that has achieved lasting results and taken me to my goal. You will love all the support as well as the recipes. As you learn the guidelines, you will be able to adapt many of your former favorites and make them LDL appropriate!
This is the best eating plan ever! You can do it!!!
Pam
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I could say the same thing Pam. It took skin cancer to wake me up. I stayed on the plan and God blessed me with miraculous healing. I am living a fuller life. My doctor was amazed at how quickly I healed and I have only a faint scar on my nose where there once was a dime sized wound. I am grateful to my dermatologist who removed the cancer and my plastic surgeon who covered it with a flap graft. However, it was being off wheat and sugar that improved my immune system and facilitated the healing. You see I have diabetes and a high blood sugar affects your white blood cells from eating up bacteria, one of the reasons that diabetics do not heal well. In addition to that, the winter of 2012 I did not have any colds or problems with my allergies. Imagine having to blow your nose frequently when you had a wound and a bunch of stitches on it. Miracles are possible because we are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. I am grateful to God and those who shared this wonderful program with me. I am 1/2 way to goal, but losing weight is not the most important thing to me, my mental and physical health and my relationship to my creator have improved. I no longer hate my body and enjoy exercise with family and friends. I don't feel guilty everytime I eat and enjoy cooking and eating these fabulous recipes. I am even going to start teaching water aerobic classes at the YMCA, as a sub for now. Life is good!
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

katjack
New, but learning

Post by katjack »

thanks, I am inspired, and it feels different than any other eating plan I have ever tried. I have tried so many times to get weight off, and I lose 30 and gain 50 back.. I am now at my all time heaviest, and I want to lose 50-60 lbs before next summer.. I feel like this is something I can do,and achieve great results... Now I need to stop craving chocolate!!! I have not craved ice cream or cokes and those are 2 of my weaknesses.. I am on day 8 of the blue book, waiting on my red book to come in the mail, excited about this journey!!!

Thanks
KJ
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi katjack,

Welcome aboard the train to skinny town! :) This way of eating is like no other. You are going to love it and you ARE going to lose all of the weight you desire.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Get your favorite fruits. Mine is fresh pineapple, berries and cherries. I bought a bag of frozen cherries and ate the whole bag last winter because I was craving sweets and it did the trick. Also frozen grapes and smoothies. It is true what Roger says. You will stay on the plan better if you eat foods you like. If you like mexican food, I recommend the Cauliflower spanish rice, it is great!! Happy eating!

PS: you will find it under side dishes on the recipe board
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Keeping fruit in my daily diet is what really helps me. When I go a day without eating fruit, the cravings start coming on. The first place my craving brain takes me is to chocolate. I was such a chocoholic! LittlePrincess told me about soy nuts and raisins..I ate that until the craving was gone. It worked.
I felt like I just ate a whole bag of Hershey's Kisses. And, then I started to think about what I had or had NOT eaten during my day. And, you guessed it. I didn't have fruit for some reason or other.
I still keep the raisins and nuts on hands for emergencies! But, now I keep more canned or frozen fruit on hand. When I run out of fresh, I still have my daily dose of fruit. Doesn't matter what kind it is, or how much.
I buy the canned in it's own juice and the frozen is just fruit, no added sugar or salt.
I try and start and end each day with fruit. When I do this. All else just falls into place. Just like the book says. I haven't had a "chocolate attack" for some time now.
I am not a breakfast food eater. Never have been. I tried, but still I am not a breakfast food eater.
Even trying to get a smoothie or a banana down in the mornings was tough at first. But, what made me stick to it was the fact that when I had my fruit in the mornings, I didn't crave sweets for the rest of the day. This was AMAZING for me. Now, I savor my smoothies in the mornings and for dinner. I look forward to coming up with some new concoction. On some days. I even have cut up fruit on the side. And, a certain time of month. I eat it until I just can't eat anymore! Those are the best days for me now. The craving is over and done with and not hanging on for the rest of the week.
I didn't believe the part about eating until YOU CAN'T EAT ANYOMRE!. I thought I would to need a room addition to house just to cover me. That's the old diet mentality (stinking thinking) though.
I still can't believe the amount of food that I eat, but the less I think about it and the more I eat of LDL, the faster the weight comes off. I no longer compare the amount that I eat to the amount my friends eat or what a serving size is. I just eat.
I am sticking to the recipes cards now. It just makes life so much easier for me. I just change the spices or herbs to my mood. Fruits in the morning, protein at lunch, meatless soup for dinner with a salad maybe, and fruit for late night or even just for dinner if I am in the mood. Those are my favorite dinners!
Someone else did all the thinking and I don't have to any of the stinking!!

Zesti
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

A craving for chocolate can just be withdrawl from the addiction or it can also be a magnesium deficiency.
You may want to supplement with magnesium and be sure tou are eating a lot of magnesium rich foods.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...