I went to the Dr. today

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

I went to the Dr. today

Post by LittlePrincess »

I thought I had shingles. Turns out I have cellulitis and a viral infection going on at the same time. I'm on an antiviral and antibiotics to clear them both. My leg is very painful right now, but the Dr. said she thinks in ten days I should be good as new.

The silver lining to all of this is that God taught me a very important lesson about how I view myself and my behaviors versus what is actually going on. Also, they weighed me and I am down to 328 pounds from 347! :D \:D/ So I'm down 19 pounds! I'm only 28 pounds away from being in threetown. My BP was 112/62 and my heart rate was 108. It was a little elevated because I was seriously stressing about my leg. Now I can go and buy a regular scale that weighs up to 350 and I don't have to order a special one from a catalog! I'm pretty stoked about things. Just wanted to share.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Re: I went to the Dr. today

Post by cameron »

So glad that you do not have shingles LP, apparently that is a very painful condition. At least your infection will be cleared up in a few days.

Congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome, great job!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

So happy to hear the good news. Spring is almost here and your leg will be better so you and Madison can enjoy some walks together and enjoy the flowers springing to life and the birds singing. I always enjoy the early mornings, because the air smells so fresh and the birds are making music. My favorite veggie, asparagus, is in season and strawberries are ripe and sweet. After the winter festivities are over, the wait for spring seems longer. We have had a long cold winter here in the south, which we are not accustom to!! My spring flowers are starting to poke their follage up and I am getting excited. Oh, what am I thinking, you work in a flower shop. 8-| Great to hear the good news and I thank God. ^:)^
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Omalani I can't thank you enough for your positive words of support. One of my friends posted on my FB page and went into gruesome detail about how his legs started with cellulitis and how it all went down hill. Who does that? :D

I"m still in a lot of pain today but I'm taking my meds, thanking God for my healing and trying to rest. I never knew how restless I could get having to be horizontal all day. LOL

Thank you both for the kind words and prayers! Omalani I can't wait to see your flower pics when they bloom!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I don't know how to post pics on my posts or FB. Maybe DH will show me how. He has all kinds of pics of himself on FB. Personally I would rather have pics of my beautiful daughters, my wonderful grandkids and my sparkling great granddaughter. The LDL plan will help you fight infection, so be a purist! You need to take care of yourself so you can help others. Your success is inspiring. I am praying for you to be surrounded by God's healing angels. O:-)
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

omalani wrote:I don't know how to post pics on my posts or FB. Maybe DH will show me how. He has all kinds of pics of himself on FB. Personally I would rather have pics of my beautiful daughters, my wonderful grandkids and my sparkling great granddaughter. The LDL plan will help you fight infection, so be a purist! You need to take care of yourself so you can help others. Your success is inspiring. I am praying for you to be surrounded by God's healing angels. O:-)

Thank you my friend. :ymhug: @};-

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Zesti »

LP,,
I think getting it diagnosed quickly is the key. It can get very serious if not nipped in the bud right away.
My BFF had a friend like yours too. Scared the weebeegeebee's out of her! And also, she thought it was the shingles, but was diagnosed with Cellulitis. She went to the doctor's right away, got on those med's and also EMUIADE, a homeopathic topical treatment. She is fine now and has healed up wonderfully. Now, if ishe has a flare up with any abnormal or ugly looking or itchy looking skin condition, she gets to the doctor ASAP. So, far, she hasn't had anymore. And now, with what I know about this stuff. I will go if anything appears. I have a bad habit of always putting it off. I won't this time.
I never had chicken pock's or measles as a kid. I used to think I was so immune to these skin conditions. I am not!
I am so happy you are feeling better.
:ymhug: :ymhug:
Zesti
bingo

Post by bingo »

Take good care of yourself Little Princess , Sounds like you have it under control,,, and Congratulations on the weight Discard !!!! God's Healing Blessings too you !!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Actually LP, you are only 29 lbs away from twoterville!
Prayers and agreement for total restoration of your leg in Jesus name.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Linda Linda Linda :D You just made my entire day!!!!!!!! \:D/ My mind has been so foggy from meds and the pity party that I totally didn't realize that I AM only 29 pounds away from twoterville! WOOOO HOOOO! Thank you Thank you Thank you for saying that to me! :ymhug:

I have also decided to focus on healing and not the pain that I'm in. I know God is on the throne and His word says that by Jesus stripes I AM healed! :) I'm spending as much time either in bed or propped up as I can. I wish I had a laptop or a cable hookup in my bedroom. I have been watching dvd's in bed but I wish I could watch tv. LOL I am however extremely grateful for the dvd player in my bedroom!

Thank you all for the prayers and support. I got down yesterday and I don't like it when that happens. I'm so blessed to have all of you to support me on my good and bad days. I love y'all.

Blessed and Loved,
LP