Let's Do Lunch...and become NOT HUNGRY!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Let's Do Lunch...and become NOT HUNGRY!

Post by LINDA RN »

I hesitated to reply because for me in a stressful work environment I never did really loose the hunger or cravings.
Medically and Spiritually is is absolutely the best way to eat and so easy to follow.
The bi-line just did not ring true for me anyway.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I too have hesitated to respond. I have not lost my hunger, in fact I eat twice as much as I ever did.
I keep hoping for that day though. But until then, now I eat and eat LDL until I am full.
However, when sticking to the LDL program, I not only lose weight, but I feel great inside and out. This keeps my motivation up, also because it's such an easy WOE to follow for me.
I feel this is a wonderful WOE for binge and emotional eaters. Your "tricks of the trade" i.e., fruit, corn, peas, etc, for certain cravings is absolutely amazing. Because it works! No added fancy gimmicks either, it just works!
For those that are binge/emotional eaters like me. When we are experiencing certain kinds of emotions, is when we tend to make the worst choices ever! We can "binge" on bowls of corn, peas, fruit or a wonderful full course meal, what ever it takes to get thru that moment without the added merry go round of guilt.
The old days, during these times were cake and anything I could get my hands on, and then prayer. Now, it's a bowl of corn while I am praying. When I am done "bowling" it.. God shows me a way other than thru food, but the corn bowl keeps me "safe".. until God gives me the solution it's a corn bowl for me!
I know this sounds crazy, but this WOE is really helping me get past "food issues". I really do want to get this weight off, be healthier and get on with my life. EATING, GOD and LDL WOE are a GREAT TEAM!!

I love the way Mary Simmons posted it. " Lose the hunger...Let's Do Lunch". I can eat and get on with my life.
When I first read the title Eat All The Calories AND CARBS. I knew there had to be a trick. Really? all the bread and pasta (carbs I wanted at the time)? I put the article down. "just another gimmick" I said.
Another fly by night idea. Sorry but it's true. But, God kept that article in front of me for some reason so I read it and here I am..
OK. It's corn, peas, beans, etc. Hmm, I tried it and it worked. I very rarely eat bread, pasta or rice anymore Pizza? Ha! A once or twice thing weekly in this house, is gone. IF and when I crave it, I have the pizza soup and/or corn thin pizza as the books suggest. And, now I can do this while others are eating it hot out of the oven or it's knocking on my front door!
My honest option is. If it's a good thing, why change it? But, no matter the title changes that happen. I am LDL for life! The folks on these boards with their knowledge, support, and idea's are wonderful and truly a blessing... And, the recipes...Oh I could go on forever..

Thank you so much,
Zesti
chewy

Post by chewy »

hi roger , do you avoid potatoes now completely after trying to incorporate them for a time?do you stick to the corn,peas,beans,popcorn,corn thins strictly now?do you ever eat squash?
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have problems when I have even just a little non-LDL. The cravings come back and the hunger sneaks in. I have heard the old saying, "one bite is too much and the whole thing is not enough!" Being on vacation with my kids has really brought that home. However even stopping at a few fries is possible because I no longer use it as an excuse for uncontrolled eating. I have discovered that hunger won't kill me and when I am hungry and not around what I need, I can have a drink of water and wait. I am getting stronger, and although it is a simple program, it's not always easy to change years of bad habits. It's that 1st bite I can no longer afford because it may cost me more than I think. Even though I am stalling, my body is changing. The things I eat are changing, my health is getting better, my attitudes are changing and life is good.
Last edited by omalani on June 17th, 2014, 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

RT,
Another thing I love about the LDL WOE is, learning to be hungry. I am not afraid of being hungry. I can eat my way to total satisfaction and delight.
Striving to not become hungry, almost sounds like the old diet mentality of "starving yourself" thin. That calories in, calories out mentality.
This program is nothing like that at all, in fact, I know for me, it's the total opposite. We can eat until totally satisfied, even stuffed, and still lose weight.
Another positive change I have come to know is that. When I do stray from this WOE. I don't stay away long because I CRAVE all the things I ate and the ways I ate them on LDL. I start to really miss feeling good. Getting back into this WOE just takes the very next meal or bite of food I put in my mouth. I don't have to pay past dues, I don't have re-resister for anything, I don't have to do anything but EAT. And, I am pretty good at that already!
God has truly blessed me with bringing you Roger, and this book into my life! Thank you. :ymhug:
Zesti
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The hunger I feel is stress hunger and LDL will not take that away.
Even when I was pure LDL at the beginning and loosing weight like crazy I was still hungry at work.
I just was not able to bring enough to eat for lunch at work to be full and satisfied.
So I had to adapt and the weight came off slowly for me and I delt with the hunger with LDL snacks.
I always did well and lost the most weight when I was on vacationand at home.
I really was not hungry and frequently skipped meals and ate very little.
Habits have to be overcome and that for me was the biggest struggle.
Having these message boards was as important to my success as the eating plan was.
The message boards here is what no other plan offers.
Last edited by LINDA RN on March 15th, 2014, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

I have been very seriously LDL for over 6 weeks. I have lost a little . I eat till I am full but I am still hungry all the time. I don't have any cravings. I just get a bit envious when others eat the things I can't. Sometimes I get this panicky feeling, that I will have to eat like this for ever so life will always be just that bit complicated.......holidaying, visiting, eating out etc.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I know what you mean Bethesda.
There are times I am so full that I cannot eat any more but let someone offer a piece of chocolate fudge cake or brownie and I know I could put away half a plateful.
I have found though that the looser my clothes get, the easier it is to turn away.
I have also found that if my bowels are not emptying out completely, I tend to feel hungry or want to eat even when it seems I am full. The best cure for that was watermelon for me. I lost the most weight eating the biggest part of hal a melon for supper. It will all forms of digestive retention. Gets rid of swollen ankles too!
Linda

Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

Thank you Linda. mmmm. I have colonic inertia. I was a bit worried at first about the high amount of fibre in LDL because they usually recommend low residue for this condition. I decided to throw caution to the wind however as desperate to lose weight. I have certainly been no worse on the diet and maybe slightly better even. I will get stuck into that watermelon sitting on my bench. Winter here at the moment so nice warm foods are more comforting. I wonder if there are any other Aussies on this forum.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Thank you Australia for corn thin and non-GMO products. I have always wanted to visit , I had a pen pal from Wagga Wagga when I was 12. I am 71, so I have had that dream for a long time. Welcome Bethesda. :ymhug: And greetings to Nancy. Aloha, Leilani
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Bethesda- I have been doing LDL for over 5 years. It just gets easier and easier, and eventually becomes a way of life. Think unprocessed foods. There is always plenty to eat no matter what the situation. If necessary, eat before you go and take fresh fruit to a special event. Plan ahead. think of this as a life-giving and life-saving way to eat for your health. I love LDL. If I stray, I do not feel nearly as well. Keep at it!!! Let us know how we can help.
Pam
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I also have had success on LDL. I' m still amazed that If I get hungry, I can eat all the bountiful fresh vegetables and fruits that I desire. I have been more satisfied with my eating the last 5 years than ever. It works! Need to plan. Need to eat the non processed foods. Thankful for God's grace in giving me this way of eating. :ymhug: JF
Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

I am getting back to let you know how I am going. I have been going for 10 weeks now and losing slowly . Love the diet most of the time. Basically my diet is pretty simple. Breakfast is either a smoothy, eggs, beans, leftovers or sometimes some cereal. Lunch is meat, fish or chicken and vegetables and tea is soup, eggs, salad or pancakes.
I am still always hungry so cannot avoid snacking between meals, meaning I eat popcorn, corn thins, ryvita or something with peas beans or corn in between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and tea and then after tea. I have tried eating larger meals and it doesn't work.
I saw a show on TV the other night. It was very scientific and done with testing etc. and they said that some people have a sort of hormonal switch that doesn't tell them accurately when they are full, empty, hungry etc. I think I am one of those people. However with LDL because I am eating the right foods it shouldn't matter.
I have eaten out 3 times. First time I just had a salad with dressing on the side and a diet drink. Second time, was roast of the day....a half serve and I gave the potato to DH. Scraped off some of the gravy. No desserts etc. Next time I had the same roast of the day but asked for a garden salad as well and had dressing on the side.
Is it possible to eat too many frozen grapes? I tend to get up through the night 2 or 3 times and I munch on 6 frozen grapes each time.
There is a cereal I can buy which is puffed corn with absolutely nothing added. I have this maybe once a week.
I found a corn couscous in the supermarket which is made of corn flour and supposedly nothing else. Would that be ok once a week, a quarter of a cup?
I don't have cravings at all. There was a birthday cake in the house and I had 3 teaspoons of it just for a taste.
The thing I miss most is the dairy. Some things just don't seem right without cream or custard on top but I do the frozen banana ice cream.
Some of my clothes are a bit loose but not quite ready to go down one size yet.
this is the first diet that has ever worked for me.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Bethsada, the great thing about LDL is that you do what works for you. I remember how Roger said in the book that if you felt you really needed something that isn't exactly on plan, eat the least fattening way or amount you can to get that satisfied feeling. If you aren't satisfied with the way you are eating, you won't stick to it. And I can share with you what works for me, but the honest truth is it might not work for you. We are all so unique in our make up!

Let's face it, for most of us, food isn't just about nourishment and having enough energy to do life. There are all kinds of things involved -- emotions, memories, personal likes, physical reactions like allergies, etc. It will never be a one size fits all. Personally, I like to research things and find out the why's something is good or bad for me. That gives me added incentive to eat it or stay away from it. On the other hand, I realized that some of my research can affect me in a bad way when I read things that contradict each other. It causes confusion in that deepest part of me and I don't have the solid conviction I need to stick to a plan. That caused me to gain a bit of weight back, because of some of the things I read and tried. None of the other things work like LDL for me. I'm still in what my scale says is the healthy range for my height, but I feel more fit a little lighter. So, I determined to get back to what worked so well for me. I also have a neighbor who is doing it with me, so we have to be accountable.

Accountability really is important. My first go round with LDL, I really used these boards to be accountable. Such a great support system! I grew to appreciate the wisdom of Joyful Friend and Ms. Heirloom and the others. It is also fun to rejoice with others in their victories and important to stand with others in their struggles. We really are a community who cares. I hope to do my part to encourage others along the way. I got a new tablet for Christmas, since our laptop broke and just had never come on the boards since then. Something made me think to do so, yesterday, so I'm planning to get back into the habit.

Have a great weekend!! I have a wedding to go to tonight. A former student is getting married and invited me. That is always special when my little 4th graders remember me on special occasions like this!! Of course weddings have lots of opportunities to eat foods off the plan. I haven't been tempted at home, but I'm hoping I'll do well in a new setting!! I'll eat lots of fruit before!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

You are fortunate in Australia not to have GMO as they were banned in your country. That being said, you may have products there that we don't have. We love the corn thins! :x The problem with cereal is not always the cereal, but what you put on it as well. Milk and sugar can stir up cravings and when I was eating cereal, I never ate a single serving. Cereal servings can range from 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups, but I would always eat 2 or 3 cups. Sometimes I would start out with a normal serving but add more cereal to use up the leftover milk, God forbid I throw food away. 8-| That is one of the reasons I stay away from cereal. It is a trigger food for me. Since I have been staying with my daughter, I have been gradually adding more non-LDL foods and not throwing away food is a big problem. They take things you can't eat and maintain a healthy body and then leave it uneaten. I go home in 3 days so I plan to stay on tract so I can get rid of these cravings. Once you let the door open a little, it is hard to shut again, but I have continuous allergies and arthritic pain that I didn't suffer from when I was eating LDL food. I will not give up and I recommit to my healthy life style. I was reading my Bible and in Matt. it says, You can't serve 2 masters. I have had 1 foot in LDL and the other in my old non-LDL habits. The result is a weight gain and I have no idea how much because there are no scales around this house. Life is good and I am enjoying this LDL day.