Let's Do Lunch...and become NOT HUNGRY!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Let's Do Lunch...and become NOT HUNGRY!

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome back Bethesda.
The bean flour is still processed and if you read about those who tried it, you will find they either stalled or gained. If you find a way to work it into your WOE and still loose weight, please share.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

12/27/16
Here I am in Oklahoma, I confess to eating way too many sweets on Christmas day. My friend wanted to take me to a Christmas buffet and I really tried to talk her out of it, but she would not take no for an answer. I started out with a salad, then had about 4 serving of protein, cod fish and turkey. I had 2 large servings of steamed veggie and just a half cup of scalloped potatoes. Later I has a taste of dressing and of course my addictive personality went back for more potatoes and dressing! Of course when the meal was finished I went to the dessert table and had a bite of this and a bite of that. They had petite fours so I had carrot cake, red velvet and chocolate bites Then cobbler and a few bites of cheese cake, but they didn't taste as good as I was anticipating!! I am reading a book, Resisting Happiness by Matthew Kelly. It is about why we sabotage ourselves,feel overwhelmed, set aside our dreams, and lack courage to simply be ourselves...and how to start choosing happiness again! Life is good. B-)
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

So glad that Linda and Omalali are still around.
Linda, when you say that some people stalled when eating chick pea flour do you think this could mean that they used it as a flour substitute. In other words used it to replace what they would normally use wheat flour for eg. made desserts, cakes etc. If I use any this would be just to say, thicken something or add a small amount to certain recipes.
I cant quite get this processed idea because even corn thins are processed and other things in the diet as well. By the way, I will be eating a lot of corn thins as we can get them out here in Aussie for under $2 and sometimes even $1 on special.
It is going to be hard as our Anniversary is in a couple of days and then my birthday the following week. DH would love to take me out for a meal but out here it is extremely difficult to get anything vaguely within the guidelines that would be worth eating.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Amen, Roger. And to add, those who used the chick pea flour were using it to make brownies or biscuits, so go ahead and try a little like you suggested. Let us know how it works for you.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

12/29/16
I took some friends out for lunch yesterday. The cafe had soups, sandwiches, and salads. I ordered a garden salad and a bowl of vegetarian chili. I was disappointed with the chili because I can make better chili. The salad was very good but if I go again I would take some beans and corn in a baggie with a little lemon juice and a drizzle of EVOO, to put on to of my salad. There was too much dressing even though I ordered it on the side. Thank you Roger for reminding me to dip my fork in the drsg. with each bite. The other disadvantage of eating out, is seeing what others ordered and lusting after food. Time to make some hot pumpkin smoothies and continue with my soup and smoothie flush. I envy you Bethsada, and all your summer fruits. I do like apples, oranges and bananas, I eat canned pineapple packed in juice, and frozen peaches and mangos from the Dollar Tree. I am grateful that I live in an area that has a variety of fresh healthy foods. I will prepare some cut celery and carrot for finger salads and filling snacks. I can always add them to soups if I don't eat them in 3 0r 4 days. Thank you Roger for this wonderful program. It has enabled me to enjoy eating and continue to keep my weight down. More importantly I am healthier! I have more energy and God has blessed me in so many ways. God says in Genesis Life is good. That is my mantra and everyday I see the good in life. His mercies are new every morning.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

Thank you Roger for explaining about the processing. That is the first time I have understood that about the digesting. I have read the book umpteen times and never picked that up. Maybe it isn't in the book?
So, if I grind up my popcorn to make popcorn flour I am basically processing it which isn't so good!
I had never thought of taking something to a restaurant and dumping it on top of my food. I wonder what the waiters will think! I have been known to take my own snacks to coffee shops and sneak them out of my handbag. Ps. I buy the coffee.
I wonder what will be suitable in the Indian restaurant tonight. (our Anniversary) Cant disappoint DH. He is so anxious to have a meal out.
God bless.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

12/30/16
I bought a queen bed today and it will be taken to my granddaughter's apt. When I go to Iowa I will stay with her and when I do go there to live I will move the bed to my apt. I took some family members out to lunch and spent $50. It is expensive to eat out!! I had a salad and some beef stir-fry. I am still full so will probably just have an apple for dinner and go to bed early. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

Leilani, did you spend $50 just on YOUR food or everyone's. If we took out a few people it would be about $200 and that would not be fancy.
We ended up going Indian. I had a mango lassi, lamb curry (which I couldn't chew so I swapped with DH half way through. No good me getting salad (which they didn't have anyway) I can't chew with my new teeth. Had a little rice to go with it. EXtra careful today to catch up. chicken chili with corn thins, zucchini pasta and tomato sauce stuff.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

12/31/16
That was $50 for 4 entrees and 2 appetizers. The drinks and tax were added. I usually tell the kids if they want anything but water, they pay for it themselves! They don't like water and want sodas or sweet tea with meals. I guess I can't complain because you pay so much more! Life is good. Happy New Year's day.
Aloha,
Leilani

Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

We get iced water at almost all cafes and restaurants for free which means we often don't buy a drink but its good if you are going to order a coffee to have water with it.
I am still having a problem with the lunch meal. I just can't eat enough to stop me being hungry before the night meal. If I eat too much at lunch I just feel bloated but 2 hours later I am hungry again.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

1/4/17
I went to the movies tonight with my grandson and saw the accountant. It was an action movie with a lot of excitement but also a mystery and full of suspense. I had popcorn for dinner. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani