Help rescue me! ha ha

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
omalani
Master Member

Re: Help rescue me! ha ha

Post by omalani »

Thanks for all the good input. I think I will do it your way Joe because we will be traveling for over a week to Canada and up the AlCan hwy. I could stop at health food stores along the way and get juice as I need it. What brands do you recommend or do you buy it from Jamba juice or whole foods? Does Walmart have any prepared juices? I am sure there will be some when we get out of Oklahoma. This is the worst place I can imagine for trying to eat healthy, southern cooking is not generally low fat, low carb and sugar and salt are the most popular spices. I'm looking forward to a juicy vacation.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Just got home from the YMCA where I did 3 miles on the stationary bike and 1 hour water walking and interval aerobics. The pool temp has warmed up to 78 degrees, so my body was busy trying to maintain it's core temp. I missed breakfast this morning but had some chicken fajita at 1030 and a few fries from my friends order. I will do lunch at about 3PM and have popcorn and smoothie for dinner.
Last edited by omalani on May 7th, 2014, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

I go to Robeks and Jamba Juice most of the time. A health food store when I can. In a pinch I grab an Odawa carrot juice in a supermarket. If you get juices from the refrigerator section of the market be sure to read the labels. On the outside you see pictures of veggies but in the list of ingredients fruit juice is the bulk of the drink.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Amen Brother!
When I don't eat before I go shopping. The first place in the store I go too is Odawa juice section:
Choose, read, GULP!! sip on the rest as I shop. This holds me over until I get home. Making it possible to put the groceries away and prepare a nice healthy dinner. Oh, also keeps me from "binge" buying. I also love the Kale and spinach one. That's yummy!
There is a good selection in our market. No added sugars, preservatives etc. You do have to look out for any expiration date, some do have them and the "grocers" don't take them off the shelf's in time.
Zesti