winner winner chicken dinner!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
snowbirdie
Master Member

winner winner chicken dinner!

Post by snowbirdie »

hi All' Last night I took skinless boneless chicken breasts-they were very thick so I cut them in half long ways. Then placed in plastic bag and pounded even thinner then took them out laid flat on cutting board. seasoned with salt and pepper placed 4 or 5 asparagus stems on one end and rolled up. place in glass baking dish. continue till you have used all your chicken. In a sauce pan squeeze the juice of 1 lemon 1 tlb. butter and 1 or 2 tsp capers. pour over chicken breasts .cover and bake till done. I take the foil off about 15 minutes before done so it browns up. I do use a little butter. It is totally up to you. I hope if you try this you will like it. I had extra asparagus left so cooked that and served on side.

6 chicken breasts
Judie
omalani
Master Member

Re: winner winner chicken dinner!

Post by omalani »

Great idea, cutting them lengthwise while they are still a little frozen. I will try to make them soon. Love to share recipes :x
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Sauce question: You mentioned a sauce pan....Do you cook the sauce a bit before you pour it over the chicken or do you just melt the butter? Also, at what oven temp (350?).

Joe
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

i melt butter with the lemon juice and capers and then pour over chicken and bake 350o .
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Snowbirdie,
This is my all time favorite. My Mom used to do these back in the day. Chicken was so cheap then! First she used the common bread stuffing, then later on when no bread was in the house. She just cleaned out the fridge!
In a pinch sauces: jar salsa, jar green salsa otherwise know as Salsa Verde sauce- my favorite..
Dribble EVOO over the top, sprinkle with dried or fresh dill,
I also, take smashed beans ( white beans, but any bean will do) ( add a little broth if you are using red or pinto beans, they need the moisture) with a little evoo, add a little BBQ sauce, spread on chicken like butter, fill with sauteed onions and mushrooms, roll it up, top with more BBQ sauce and bake. The fillers can be anything your imagination can come up with.
Oh also, one of my favorites. Spread chicken with bean mixture, evoo and S+P, top with left over roasted veggies. ( I love Brussels sprouts here). And roll er' up. I roll up in individual packets of foil and bake too.
I can make a lot of them and then freeze. I can add my sauce later. These are excellent over zucchini strips (spirals) or broccoli slaw and covered with no sugar spaghetti sauce. I love buying the broccoli slaw already in a bag, it also comes in organic. Great cut up in a crispy green salad too..Oh I am getting hungry...
I have a huge turkey breast sitting on my counter now waiting to be cooked. Now, I will slice off some of that raw breast and do the above. If you don't want the mess of the "pounding chicken" part. buy the scallopini cut in your super market. It usually comes in chicken, turkey, pork, or veal...
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Sounds so good. I am always looking for new chicken recipes. We have a small warehouse store here in town where i can buy a big bag of chicken breasts and each is supposed to be 4 ounces and are just right to pound out. Our warehouse is not sams club or or the other big one. It is just a small local run store but it is good. Thanks for your thoughts.
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Sounds so good. I am always looking for new chicken recipes. We have a small warehouse store here in town where i can buy a big bag of chicken breasts and each is supposed to be 4 ounces and are just right to pound out. Our warehouse is not sams club or or the other big one. It is just a small local run store but it is good. Thanks for your thoughts.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I removed half of the turkey meat from the huge bone in turkey breast I had for dinner last night.
I will pound, stuff and cook for todays lunch and freeze some for later. I got such a good deal on the huge orgainc bone in breast, that I couldn't pass it up! DH had his early Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. I made him suffing and gravy. I just ate the turkey, corn and squash. He is really looking forward to an open face sandwich today. I am going to make a bean gravy and try mine on corn thins, or make it into a "messy" sandwich. I will make a chunky veggie and turkey soup from the bones today for me, and he will eat some too. I am getting lots of meals off of this one breast. I am just kicking myself for not buying 3 more of these breast. I buy chicken by the ton when it's on sale. Can't have to much of that!
Zesti.