Anybody live in Anchorage Alaska?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
omalani
Master Member

Anybody live in Anchorage Alaska?

Post by omalani »

Wow, this place is beautiful, but very expensive to buy food, especially fresh produce. If anyone is from here and knows how to shop economically, clue me in!! I love salads and it is so expensive, I am ready to go out and pick some dandelions!! I can always add more water and pureed beans to the soup. =)) =))
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Anybody live in Anchorage Alaska?

Post by LINDA RN »

Anything other than fish is very expensive there. And the on line shopping..forget about it. Some places will not ship to Alaska at all and there is no free shipping to Alaska and shipping is high.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Hey, if the dandelions are growing pesticide free, go for it. I used to grow them in my garden and pick for salads, and to feed my lizard Monroe, which I don't have anymore. You can always make dandylion wine and supplement your income... =))
:ymhug:
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Very funny but I think I am whining enough! Maybe I'll get some chard seeds going in the garden. Frozen veggie salad anyone??
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

I live here- almost 33 years now- and what is written above is all true. Still, sometimes we do get free shipping on items, if we're lucky. It's not the norm, however. I'm so used to the higher prices here that when I go to the lower 48 I am pleasantly surprised to save money! Not all things are higher in cost, though. Like everywhere else you have to search for the best deals!

SweetRose