Lose Weight

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki

Re: Lose Weight

Post by niki »

hi linda.....i used to drink a few mugs of coffee every morning before...snapple and regular coke during the day.......i looked on let's do lunch as my last chance and wanted to stop coffee since i wouldn't be able to drink it with the half and half i had gotten used to from low carb dieting.......i drank 2 mugs for a few days..then 1 mug...then i even drank a half a mug for a couple of days....i KNOW from the past(coffee and i have been an on/off love affair for years)that if i don't do it this way,i'll get headaches.....DO THIS....don't cold turkey yourself like that.....i hate those headaches......
 i purposely didn't mention the caffeine thing because i thought you should take one thing at a time....but,if you're going to do it,do it GRADUALLY.........
 how do you feel about beans?............niki
niki

Post by niki »

joe.....TOMATO PIE AND POP???DO WE LIVE ON THE SAME PLANET???.............................niki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Niki:

Well, where we (you and I) come from it's pizza and soda but there are a whole slough of verbal oddities out there...............O.k., if I said to my California born wife Delia ( a long suffering woman of 26 years) something like "I'm going out for a slice, do you want one"......she wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about, but you (and anyone who watches "The Sopranos") would not require an interpeter.

Ever travel to Maine or rural Minnesota? I once knew a woman from Alabama who happened to be calling here mother one evening (we were in Germany at the time) and the only thing we understood was "Hello Mama..............." after that it was just in-comprehendable . After she hung up the phone she noticed the blank exprecessions on our faces and says " Well ,  she don't understand me if I talk like this!"

Besides, the only pizza we eat is a soup.................let's see "Little Mary's Tomato Pie Soup"..............Nah, doesn't sound right........but it sure tastes good!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

Hi Niki---I love beans.  I was on a a beans and brown rice diet a few years ago---never lost a pound, so I gave up on that one.
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi Linda. I remember those McDougall days, too, and not fondly either. Just doing beans is so much better, at least for my metabolism! Got my pizza soup all ready for tomorrow's lunch. Great stuff! .....nyKathy
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I ordered a plaque today from the local trophy shop for us to put on the door to the smoothie diner......Delia's Smoothie Diner (long suffering woman of 26 years)  She's got to be an angel that Delia....
ANG
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

I've printed out some of these recipes----they sound really good.
I'll be making that pizza soup real soon.
Thanks all
niki

Post by niki »

that's GREAT...because it REALLY helps when you like beans....you can't eat too many beans.....there are LOADS of recipes...mary and i have each posted recipes for lentil soup....i posted an easy recipe for greek bean soup(fasoulada)....i posted the recipe for my favorite bean soup where i mix the different dried beans....in the beginning, you could stick to canned beans....but ideally,the best beans to use are dried beans...if you soak them the night before,you preserve more of the nutrients and you cut down on the cooking time........
 i make delicious homemade bean soups with the vegetables sauteed in olive oil and they are my new addiction.......
 i posted something on the discussion board about how good beans are for you "beans..they're what's for lunch AND dinner".....look for it......sincerely,niki

joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

TNangela wrote:I ordered a plaque today from the local trophy shop for us to put on the door to the smoothie diner......Delia's Smoothie Diner (long suffering woman of 26 years)   She's got to be an angel that Delia....
ANG

She's the best.

Joe
renee m

Post by renee m »

Linda,

Welcome aboard!  I totally know where you are coming from.  I lost 60 lbs. on Atkins and SWORE I would never be THAT size again.  Well...I am THAT size again except for one thing, my clothes fit better, people are asking if I've lost weight, and I have not had sweets (refined) or caffeine in 3 WEEKS!  Trust me, you will feel like a million dollars.  You will feel so good that you won't even care if the weight comes off slowly because you will FEEL so good.

Come here to the site every day.  You will begin to miss everyone when you are gone!

Renee in HOuston
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

Thanks Renee---I'll keep coming back.
I found that button ---it's in the general discussion boards.
Blessings to all,
Linda
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Up in the midwest we say "pop".  We have always called it "pop".  I live in Elkhart, Indiana.  A lady I used to know used to call all "pop/soda" as "Cokie-Cola" no matter if it was RC, Root Beer, 7-Up, Coke, Pepsi whatever.  I thought that was cute!

My husband and I were on vacation for a couple of weeks and the first couple of days I was able to get him to try a sample of LDL to a certain degree.  (It is much harder on the road when you are still waiting on your book for more instructions.)  Anyway, he found out that he felt better when he listened.  Our week has been so hectic this first week back.  (He is a Pastor and we lost one of our members on Tuesday morning and now have another one in the hospital.)

Anyway, I am making preparations for us to go on it as best as I can get him to follow it beginning on the weekend.  We haven't even had enough of a break to go to the store yet.  He has a grocery list today.

His comment the end of last week (end of week two of vacation) was that he felt better the first part of vacation.  I told him that was because we were following more closely the LDL plan.  We are both excited about it.

Also I just found out that my next youngest sister just had two more toes removed.  She had one taken off about 4 weeks ago and I think she has been in the hospital since then.  I would say that she has an out-of-control sugar problem.  My Mom just told me that her Dad also had that.  I knew that my Dad had diabetes. 

At my last check up my sugar level readings were high, my liver function was not good, my BP was still elevated, and my thyroid test was low.  That was my news the night before I left on vacation; BUT...I know that God will take care of me.  I knew that He had led me to this program...and that through Roger & this eating program I was finding the help I was seeking...BEFORE I had to resort to the doctor.

Thanks for all the info.  I need to go and find some of the recipes and print them for reference.
Hopefully next week my book will be mailed and then I can read it through THREE (3) times to be sure I have comprehended all that I need to know.

Another thing I have going is on Sept. 18th, my husband and I will celebrate our 25th Anniversary!  Some told us we would last at the most 6 months.  They were wrong...Praise God!!! :)

One question I have is: are [glow=red,2,300]pickles[/glow] allowed.  (Not cukes, but pickles.) ;D

God bless you all!

Forever Young
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
szelisk

Post by szelisk »

Hello,

I'm also new to the program.  Has anyone tried those 'Naked' smoothies?  The label doesn't show anything but fuit in them.  I have to admit they are very good, but also pricey. 

Reading these post have been great!!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

I picked up a jug of pre-mixed smoothie last week. It wasn't bad, but I found it really made a good "base" for my homemade one's.

Joe
szelisk

Post by szelisk »

Today, I had the 'Bare Naked Mighty Mango.  Here is a list of the ingredients:

(According to the label)
Apple juice, mango puree, orange juice, banana puree, lemon juice and added vitiamins and minerals. 

Is that alright to use?
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Susan,

It sounds just fine.  Don't forget to try making your own smoothies - I love mine!  They are different each time I make them, even if I use the same fruits.  And I'm positive that they must be more economical than pre-made. 

I go to either BJ's, Costco or Sam's and get the big bags of frozen fruits - usually one of mixed fruit and one of just strawberries.  I put some of each in the blender (or Vita-Mix), add a banana and some juice - oh, and sometimes I put some canned (in it's own juice) pineapple.  Just blend it until it's the consistency you like - and voila!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

forever young......congratulations on your 25yr landmark..
  make sure you see your dr when you were supposed to for follow up on those abnormal labs and elevated b/p...AND continue to enjoy all the allowable foods from all the food groups eating until FULL..........God bless you.....niki