Status Update Hurricane Irma and RT and Neets

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Status Update Hurricane Irma and RT and Neets

Post by LINDA RN »

9/15/17
We were in the "eye" of Irma...150 gusts bowed our windows, ripped screens, outed all power, outed elevators (not power related), debris blown into all parked cars...so, no elevators (we're on 12th floor), no air conditioning (hotter than Hades), spoiled All refrigerated & frozen foods (no garbage chutes, so had to put in bags...put bags out by elevators), no TV, no Internet, 14-yr-old puppy (with all kinds of physical problems) to take care of (Neets walking down & up 12 floors, 3 times a day), couldn't get out of area (downed trees & debris across all roadways).

After 2 days of sweating, Neets walking down & up 12 floors, and listening to radio say that it might be until the 22nd before we have fridge, air conditioning, TV & Internet...we waited until there was a pathway cleared to get out of our area...we drove up to Pinellas Park, FL, to our Grandson's home there.

All of the above said, we are Sooo blessed, as compared to all the poor people in The Keys & Marco Island...we are praying for them all the time, as well as for the people in Texas & Louisiana.

Thanks for asking, Linda, and we also hope you & yours are doing as well as can be expected.

Your friends forever,

RT & Neets

Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Re: Status Update Hurricane Irma and RT and Neets

Post by omalani »

My daughter Lt. Gina Ryan was deployed from Alaska when the USPHS started sending teams to work in disaster areas. She worked at Gulf Coast Medical Center in Fort Myers, 12 hr shifts in ER. From there she was sent to Miami to work in a shelter. She was told she would be extended and sent to Puerto Rico but got orders Friday to fly home. (after buying new boots and mosquito repelant and netting) She was disappointed but has met people she never would have met and they are putting her name on a list for replacement to the 1st team that is there now. She said there are so short of clinical nurses. I think her kids were praying that she would come home! I have had some powerful answers to prayer and am improving in physical strength and starting to lose again. Our pastor said this: "What you are willing to do to achieve your goal is not as important as what you are willing to give up" I can see that in the LDL program. He gave us 5 steps to change our diet because it is important to God to eat proper fuel for our bodies:
1) Get rid of the bad stuff
2) Eat more often (when you are hungry) You need to level out your blood sugar so you are not on the sugar roll-a-coaster.
3)Cut out the uneeded stuff (some of the good stuff is not good for you) Diet soda is not good so you replace it with fruit juce but the concentrated fruit sugar is not needed and the best drink is water.
4) Eat more of the good stuff
5) Use supplements as needed. Supplements should not replace good food but used when you are deficient or are not someplace you can get to real food.

Life is an adventure and we must reassess our plan of action frequently. To Life!
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Great post on the basics of LDL.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/8/17
My daughter flew back to Alaska Sunday and was still very upset about the mismanagement of resources, time delays and being sent home instead of deployment to Puerto Rico. So 1 1/2 hour from Anchorage an elderly woman collapsed in the bathroom and Gina responded to the call for a doctor or nurse. They were able to get an IV in and the lady regained consciousness. Gina got a lesson from God that He is in control and she was on the plane "for such a time as this". Well done God and Lt. Gina Ryan. Life is better when you Listen to your Heavenly Father. PS She is on the roster to go on the 2nd team in Nov.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11