Chromium Picolinate

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Chromium Picolinate

Post by joecaracappa »

What's our position on chromium picolinate?

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Re: Chromium Picolinate

Post by joecaracappa »

O.K, I did some research and it appears that it does NOT have the support of the scientific community, in fact one group claimed that their research indicated that while advertisers on the internet and on TV tout it as a a miracle mineral or the "dieters friend" that it may cause individuals to GAIN weight.

Joe
niki

Post by niki »

hi joe..it's supposed to stabilize your blood sugars....i took it for YEARS and it didn't help me....with let's do lunch,you don't need chromium...i don't think it can hurt...i think some people find it helpful....i take a multi mineral which contains a small amount of chromium...but,the only thing that has helped me is let's do lunch........................niki
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi Joe...I had taken it in the past as a supplement in addition to my multivitamin and as part of 'diet formulas,' too. Didn't do a thing for my cravings, weight loss, etc. ....nyKath
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Ditto, here...

Took it for a long time - never noticed anything.  My daughter said it made her stomach upset, though.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

My daughter takes it and for the first time in 3 years she hasnt gained weight due to high insulin....I guess it just depends on whether your body needs it or not...many people's metabolism is boosted by this and some I hear has no effect on them....I have a friend who lost probably 40 lbs only adding this supplement because of high insulin...it didnt help my husband at all when he took it...
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

then it's definitely worth trying ...it certainly can't hurt....i knew hannah was taking it...i meant to ask you about wether you feel it is helping her....i'm glad it is.....niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

niki,
things have been so crazy here lately more so than usual!! I havent given you a Hannah update so here goes....after the nutritionist added the grains and dairy and she gained 4 lbs......it took a month to get that back off but it did come off which is awesome and when I went back to the nutritionist she kinda agreed that we could not do grains...she said decrease I said stop....it seems she had done a lot of research between the two visits and was more knowledgable and worked with us better....since those lost 4 lbs she has lost another 1/2 lb last week.....SO if you add and subtract back and forth she now weighs 2 lbs less than when she started taking chromium pic...and it wont be long before she goes to the endocrinologist!!  2lbs doesnt seem like alot in 2 months time but.....since she has gained 68 lbs in 3 years despite watching what she eats...it makes me realize how much she needs the metformin.....we are grateful for every ounce she loses!!  Well I am taking the kids to the drive in movies tonight so I better go!!

ANG
niki

Post by niki »

listen,a small weight loss is phenomenal.....it's not a weight gain....i can't wait for her to see the endocrinologist.................niki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

TNangela wrote: Well I am taking the kids to the drive in movies tonight so I better go!!
ANG

A drive in-movie! WOW! Not a lot of those left any more, whats the name of it? What town? Your kids are experiencing something most kids will never do! We should have an outdoor movie theater at the ranch, we'll paint one side of the barn white and have movie night and eat popcorn!

Joe
imkay

Post by imkay »

we have a drive in here too!! must be a southern thing!! shows a triple feature every friday.  nice that you can bring your own popcorn and smoothies!!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
niki

Post by niki »

up until 10-15 yrs ago,there was still a drive-in on long islamd..up until my children were young teenagers,we used to go in the summer...i loved the drive-in..i think that a wall painted white for outdoor movies is a GREAT idea....YOU can be in charge of painting the wall white.....now WHO will be in charge of the movies?????
                                                                      niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I guess I take the drive in for granted its always been here!! The name of it is Broadway Drive In here in Dickson,TN...about 45 minutes west of Nashville....there are two more in neighboring counties The Pink Cadillac and MiDeGa...they are all reasonably priced and with all of my crew carloard nights for $10.00 is the bomb!!!Last night we watched Ant Bully.....I spend most of the time star gazing though ;D
The Broadway here in my town is featured in Vince Gill's video Liza Jane...for any of you country music fans...
I feel blessed to have three options of drive ins to choose from..We definitely need one at the ranch....maybe when Ben has delivered all the beans he can choose and order the movie titles for us???
WOW Kay triple features???we usually have doubles...
ANG
Last edited by TNangela on September 16th, 2006, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

that's great that you guys have them...and 10 dollars??we used to pay the same price as for an indoor theatre....for 2 adults and 2 children i would say the last time we went,we paid $20-30 for tickets...............but,it was worth it....i wish we still had one here...i would have loved taking my grandson to a drive in......niki   
imkay

Post by imkay »

i will take charge of the movies niki!! we have the biggest selection of dvd's and video's at our house, we could see a new movie every night and never run out!  of course some of those would be veggie tales...
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I've got the four "Doodlebops"tm dvds! I'd be glad to share! [I don't even have kids - I bought them for myself.]
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

enjae!  I love your picture!!!

Carolyn

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thanks Carolyn;

I followed your directions after getting my foster-father to help me crop it. I REALLY appreciate you. I've wanted my picture on here ever since I started but didn't know how until I read your post.

Thanks again;
NJ
Last edited by EnJae on November 8th, 2006, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

No prob - I'm kind of a computer weenie - not by trade, but just because I like doing stuff like that.  I used to be able to write code, but as with many things, "if you don't use it, you lose it"!

Oh well - I'm glad you got it up there - it really wasn't hard at all, was it? 

I just love putting faces with the names.

Carolyn

TNangela

Post by TNangela »

can anyone tell me how my post keeps getting changed saying i am a bad spammer??
TNangela wrote:I guess I take the drive in for granted its always been here!! The name of it is Broadway Drive In here in I_am_a_BAD_Spammerson,TN...about 45 minutes west of Nashville....there are two more in neighboring counties
ANG????