Anyone tried Trader Joe's Frozen Organic Brown Rice?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
javabean
New, but learning

Anyone tried Trader Joe's Frozen Organic Brown Rice?

Post by javabean »

Just wondering what people think of it. It is convenient and one can whip up something in a flash with it. Has it stalled anyone's loss is what I'm really wondering. http://cookingwithcosta.blogspot.com/20 ... brown.html
SweetRose7

Re: Anyone tried Trader Joe's Frozen Organic Brown Rice?

Post by SweetRose7 »

Posted October 25, 2018

I find that I do not need any kind of rice now! Why? Because here in England I have found frozen cauliflower ''rice'' in individual serving packets that are sooooo delicious and take the place of regular rice! Made of just cauliflower and a little EVOO, some black pepper and a bit of salt, this wonderful cauliflower can be steamed or sautéed. At first I was buying the cauliflower rice in packets off the supermarket shelves. But they tasted like a lot of chemicals were added and I really didn't enjoy the taste. Since finding my frozen cauliflower ''rice'' I enjoy ''rice'' dishes several times a week all made according to the LDL plan, of course! I make Chinese dishes, and also Mexican and Italian entrees. I often add the leanest meats and lot's of vegetables. I sometimes cook 2 packets if I'm feeling extra hungry! I hope you can find frozen cauliflower ''rice'' in America!
SweetRose7