Business Trip.

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gregg

Business Trip.

Post by Gregg »

I am leaving this morning for a six hour one way ride and an overnight stay. I will be back late tomorrow night. I have a bunch of fruit and a thermos of black coffee for the ride and dinner tonight. I am not worried about it, because I have a plan. I do not have to take customers out tonight (part of the plan). I wanted to give myself a month on the new life style before putting myself in the out to dinner situation.
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: Business Trip.

Post by Forever Young »

Way to go Gregg!  It sounds like you were planning ahead.  Know you will be successful at this.

Forever Young
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi gregg....i know that part is hard....but.i know if you've come this far,you can do it...........you'll let us know how you did when you get back.......niki
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Thank you for the words of encouragement.

I took my fruit along and stopped for lunch both days for the veggies and meat. It worked out well. On Tuesday I stopped at Old Country Buffet filled up on corn, green beans, chicken with the skin removed, a huge salad and unsweetened iced tea. Left feeling full. Faced the 5 hour drive that was left with a couple of apples, bananas, and a can of V8. The neat part is that I was not tempted by any of the potatoes, deserts, or breads, at Old Country. I did hesitate at the fried chicken, but quickly walked past it to the salad bar. On the way home, I found myself daydreaming about a sub sandwich that turned into a bit of a craving. The thought of an apple did not seem very promising. I forced myself to eat it and then had a cup of black coffee. The craving and daydreaming stopped and I made it home easily. A guy brought dounuts to our Tuesday night 12 step meeting, and I passed fairly easily. In the past I usually ate two.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Congratulations, Gregg!

Planning, planning, planning - you were prepared for the unhealthy things that would surround you, and you came back HUGELY SUCCESSFUL!

Keep up the good eating!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Gregg,

FANTASTIC - especially not being tempted and/or passing on the donuts !! That's the miracle of LDL !!

Keep up the great work !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Gregg wrote:  I did hesitate at the fried chicken, but quickly walked past it to the salad bar. On the way home, I found myself daydreaming about a sub sandwich that turned into a bit of a craving. The thought of an apple did not seem very promising. I forced myself to eat it and then had a cup of black coffee.  .

I've been eating quite a bit of fried chicken (at Old Town Buffet) with skin removed and have not had a problem losing weight. The apple would not help your craving for the sub, I think you would be better off with beans, corn, popcorn or a combination. I have been able to find pre popped popcorn, three bean salad and ready to eat beans in our local grocery stores..............you don't have to deny yourself, dig in!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.