What soup have you made lately?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: What soup have you made lately?

Post by robnveronica »

I haven't tried any recipes off the boards myself just yet, but as I've only been on this plan for 1 week not doing too badly. Matter of fact, I just made my 2nd pot of soup with beef broth, can of v8 juice, frozen mixed veggies (grn beans, lima beans, carrot, corn, peas), some frozen corn, some frozen broccoli, can of kidney beans, can of white beans (last time I added can of black beans and some fresh tomatoes). Put some Canadian steak seasoning, Pinch of Calif. Red chili pepper, , some beef bouillon and heat well.  Then I put it in zip lock and stuck in freezer so Hubby and I can take out and make for a quick dinner.  (Nikki...did you notice all the BEANS!!!!) Just for you! 
Speaking of beans, my mom and I went to a planned on potluck/bbq today and just thought Nikki (whose name came up more than once today) might like to know that many people actually brought food that was not too bad for us. Matter of fact, Lunch was dinner and I had the ckn breast, some baked beans, a bean and stewed tomato dish, 3 bean salad, some other bean salad, my mom made a corn/bean and peach dish from the recipe boards that I tried. And to top it off, I even stuck some soybeans in my smoothie for the morning! My mom said "Nikki the queen would be very proud of your bean choices today!"
AND to finish my 1st week on LDL, I decided to just check in on my weight and I lost 5 pounds!  ;D I even passed on all the chips, crackers and desserts tonight by having extra fruit and a bag of popcorn (Orville's 94% fat free)
I just had to let everyone know how great this plan is and how much we (hubby and I) appreciate the support!
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Excellent results! Whoo-hoo! :) ....NYKath
niki

Post by niki »

you did GREAT.......one thing you should be careful of here are the baked beans...unless they're made specially for let's do lunch or for a diabetic,they have sugar in them....KEEP EATING UNTIL FULL....that was SOME bean soup you made.......and it just goes to show you what ANYONE can make with a little imagination AND some beans...and is your mother also on let's do lunch?....NOTHING like a family deal...AND you already lost 5 pounds......keep up the good work.............niki
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

yes Nikki, my mom is on LDL, she showed me the plan. She's on the message boards as Grammasuz.  And if she ever talks about being "Height impaired" it's because she's only 4'9 1/2" tall. I know to be careful with the baked beans but in order to stay away from the lil smokies in bbq sauce  and meatballs in bbq sauce which would be worse in sugar AND fat I opted for the least fattening item...tablespoon of Baked beans and pulled out all the bacon I saw. That way I felt indulged in taste with lower fat/sugar option!  Now, today we're having our little one's b-day party and I'll buy an ice cream cake for everyone to have and I may have spoonful to taste, but will serve veggie platter and fruit bowl instead of usual chips/dips and sandwiches that are soooo full of fat!  Will let you know how it goes today and after hubby weighs, will let you know how much he's lost!
niki

Post by niki »

hi veronica..thank you for explaining that to me...i just don't want to imagine someone saying "oh,baked beans...they're beans..i can eat all i want"......in that case,you made very good choices...that's great that so much of your family is on let's do lunch...your chances of success are SO much better....you don't have to worry about being sabotaged by your family....keep up the good work(and keep eating those beans)...........God bless you guys...............niki 
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Post by sweetcheeks »

good morning all,

In the past week or so I have made cauliflower soup, pizza soup, tomato soup and bean soup.  Most of these I froze in individual containers as I start back to work Tuesday of next week for the remainder of October and some of November. I have a nice stockpile in my freezer now and will be putting in more this weekend.  I am so worried that due to my hectic schedule I won't have time to cook properly.  But I look in my freezer and one would think I'm preparing for a famine!!! :D

How do you guys and gals that work full-time manage to eat properly????  Help.... I need advice.  I'm doing well and don't want to "fall of the wagon".....

Jan/sweetcheeks
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Jan,

I think what you're doing is great!  I'm a little lazier than that - I make one pot of soup and it at lunch for the entire week!  I have my smoothie for breakfast, a bowl of soup (and maybe a veggie like corn on the side - sometimes 4 bean salad too).  When I first started LDL I would pop some popcorn every afternoon, now I don't have it every day. Then my dinner is a smoothie - that's it.  My biggest challenge is to keep enough frozen fruit, bananas and juice on hand!

Planning is everything.  Simple as that.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Ive probably made that taco soup at least once a week for the last month.  Its more like a chili than a soup but its delicious and very filling and the kids seems to eat it like crazy so until I start getting left overs I'll keep making that one.  I also made a pot of the tomato about 2 weeks ago which was delicious. 
YUM YUM
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
neakybird

Post by neakybird »

I made the chicken corn chowder and the taco soup yesterday.  They are absolutely delicious.
I have to make more next time 'cause my family is lovin' them too.
neakybird
...but I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I comitted unto him against that day.
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

Let's see....
Sunday - Taco Soup
Monday - Chicken & Sweet Corn Chowder
Thursday - Easy Mexican Soup

And to think we didn't used to be 'soup' people.  :o

Michele
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Youse ladies are gonna be so proud a me.  i did not jump in the pool with the beans tied around my chest after all, so I cooked a soup with the beans instead and it was really good.  Iron Chef Benny strikes again.  Its' the tomato soup recipe that Miss Mary wrote but I made it even better cuz I had some chorizo from the day before & i put it in the soup too so it was spicy with some tobasco sauce.  Gregg, i will let you be the taste tester of my new soup when we are at the ranch ok.  Ben
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Hey Ben,

When our wine is ready, you could add a cup or so to it (or do you think that would be a little to hoity-toidy?).

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Joe, the wine will be a great idea.  thx.  & it will prove to Miss Niki once n for all that we really need to make the wine.  Ben  Do U think red or white?
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

I'm thinking white with beans but if we add corn or tomatoes we go red. Hey Ben do you remember Fess Parker (Davy Crockett)? He's an acquittance of mine and owns an winery up in Los Olivos. Next time I see him I'll ask him.

Joe
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Well Joe I remember the song from the show and i will sing it 4 U now.  Davy! Davy Crockett!  King of the wild frontier.  If your friend owns a winery then maybe we can sign up to take the grape stomping lessons so we R ready to go at the ranch, what a good idea. 

Ben
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

NO WAY!  I have LOVED Fess Parker since I was a toddler.

I remember him as "Dan'l Boone". I didn't have a good relationship with my natural father and I used to pretend that Fess Parker was my daddy. HaHa!

Really Cool, Joe.

NJ
Last edited by EnJae on November 8th, 2006, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Joe and NJ and Ben,

My mom and dad met Fess Parker once and he's got quite a sense of humor from what I understand! He told my mother they were the same height in bed.....cause his sheets reach from his toes to his chin and so does hers he presumed. (Recall my mom Grammasuz is under 5' tall and he I think was/is over 6'!!!) I just remember that joke from a trip mom and dad took years ago before my dad passed away!
Thanks for the trip down memory lane guys!!!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

enjae wrote:NO WAY!I have LOVED Fess Parker since I was a toddler.

I didn't have a good relationship with my natural father and I used to pretend that Fess Parker was my daddy. HaHa!

NJ

I never had a good relationship with my grandfathers (Mom's dad died when I was 3 and my father's dad only spoke Sicilian) so my pretend grandfather was Walt Disney.

Joe
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

robnveronica wrote:Joe and NJ and Ben,

(Recall my mom Grammasuz is under 5' tall and he I think was/is over 6'!!!) 

He's just a little shorter than I am, he's about 6'5 with a full head of hair............and a real sweetheart.

Joe