What soup have you made lately?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gregg

Re: What soup have you made lately?

Post by Gregg »

BigBen wrote:Youse ladies are gonna be so proud a me.  i did not jump in the pool with the beans tied around my chest after all, so I cooked a soup with the beans instead and it was really good.  Iron Chef Benny strikes again.  Its' the tomato soup recipe that Miss Mary wrote but I made it even better cuz I had some chorizo from the day before & i put it in the soup too so it was spicy with some tobasco sauce.  Gregg, i will let you be the taste tester of my new soup when we are at the ranch ok.  Ben

Tester shmester I am going to be "Champion Eater." But I would love to try the soup. I should be good for about 2 1/2 medium bowls (strangely down from 3 a few weeks ago).
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

joecaracappa wrote:I'm thinking white with beans but if we add corn or tomatoes we go red. Hey Ben do you remember Fess Parker (Davy Crockett)? He's an acquittance of mine and owns an winery up in Los Olivos. Next time I see him I'll ask him.

Joe

Oh man, some of my earliest memories are of Fess Parker playing Davy Crockett. I spent hours as a little boy reinacting the show. I still am a Crockett fan to this day. I wonder if he would sign a black and white picture of him in his Crockett gear (if I can find one) if I sent it to him?

Wow, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Gregg
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I'll bet he would, Gregg!

My John is an autograph collecter, and has many of the old time stars' autographs.  Do you know what one of his most treasured is?  Mr. Rogers!!  He wrote to him and John has the letter... is that cool, or what??

See if he has a website (type Fess Parker or Davy Crocket into Google)...

Worth a shot!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."