Read The Label........

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Read The Label........

Post by sweetcheeks »

Hi all,

Just a short note to tell you I am finding out how important it is to read the list of ingredients on all products one buys in the markets.  In the past, I just read the percentage of calories, salt and such but thanks to everyone stressing it's the ingredients that are important I now take my reading glasses to the grocery with me.  As an example, yesterday I had a taste for plain tomato soup.  Took the can out of my cupboard and....read the ingredients.  This inexpensive, plain, generic brand of tomato soup contained.....HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP.  I couldn't believe it. >:(

It once again goes to prove....ingredients in, ingredients out.

I will be watching much more closely from now on.  I am beginning to believe that the food industry's mission statement is not focused on the consumer's welfare!

best,
Jan
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Re: Read The Label........

Post by sweetcheeks »

Hi Roger,

I have made it and I love it!!!  I served it to a friend and he said it was the best tomato soup he has ever had in his life!!!  He normally won't eat tomato soup.

also, Roger, can you help me out here?  I understand the phrase, ingredients in........but not sure I understand the "ingredients out" part of it.  Can you explain?

jan
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Re: Read The Label........

Post by sweetcheeks »

Thanks, RT!!! makes sense.  Also, what you said in the post by Debbie on Backsliding Big Time made a big impact on me....so much so that I emailed the topic to my daughter who has gained 40# or so hoping it would reinforce my encouragement to her. 

I am finally getting the concept myself now by what you said......"FORGET ABOUT TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT...FIRST YOU HAVE TO ELIMINATE THE CRAVINGS!"

Wow!  this explains why I'm not hungry much of the time anymore..

bless you Roger......