Medical problem in my family too. :-(

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Queenie
Administrator

Medical problem in my family too. :-(

Post by Queenie »

Hi everyone, I'm here asking for a few prayers also.  

Last night at almost 11:00 pm, I was awoken from a sound sleep by my sister.  My mother was being admitted to the hospital.  My mom is 75, but VERY active, VERY vital!  She still takes steps two at a time!  She is slim, doesn't drink coffee, doesn't smoke, eats healthy and doesn't have to take any medications.  She's the one that takes care of everyone, so it was quite a shock to hear this.

She "just wasn't feeling right" most of yesterday and at 8:30 p.m. my father called their cardiologist (my dad has heart problems & this guy is so wonderful that they both go to him for everything).  Anyway, the guy was still in his office & told my dad to bring her in.  He did, and the doctor immediately called for an ambulance to take her to the hospital.  Nope, not a heart attack, - palpitations.  They finally got her heart rate down about 1:00 a.m.

Today we got the news that she will have surgery tomorrow.  They will transfer her from the hospital she is in (about 1 p.m.) to a larger hospital for the surgery (about 3:00 p.m.) and then back to the one she's in after it's over.  They will be giving her a pacemaker, and although this is considered "minor" surgery, it's still surgery.   I am taking the day off and will go sit with her for a few hours tomorrow morning & then go to the other hospital for the operation.

Anyway, if any of you can squeeze one more prayer in, I'd really appreciate it.  Her name is Jeanne (pronounced Jean).   Many thanks.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
nyKath

Re: Medical problem in my family too. :-(

Post by nyKath »

Prayers going up for all of you and especially mom Jeanne....NYKath
Mike

Post by Mike »

Your prayer wish is granted.  I have some experience with heart surgery and I am here to tell you, most elderly heart patients do better than the middle aged patients.  I was 49 and my father in law was 70. We both had open heart surgery, and he recovered much quicker than I did.  Your mom is so fortunate to have a doc that does not mess around. Diagnose and get it done!  Sounds like you really have a caring and dedicated family and that is always a plus.  Take care of the patient and yourself... God bless... Mike
niki

Post by niki »

carolyn..i'll be praying.....keep us posted........God bless...niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Carolyn I know how scary that must be for you especially when your mom is normally so healthy.  My mom is 76 and I worry about her health taking a turn for the worse all the time.  Luckily for her it sounds like they have a handle on the situation.  She is most certainly in my prayers as well as you and your family. 
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Carolyn,

Know my thoughts and prayers are with your mom, dad and the rest of your family. Keep us updated.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Carolyn,

Yes, we will certainly add your Mom, Jeanne, to our prayer list also.  My name is also Jeanne, but I go by Jean-ne.  It is even spelled the same.  It sure won't be hard to remember her name.  Be sure you take care of yourself in the process. 

God bless!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Thanks to all of you...  I am at the hospital now - they have a cyber cafe!  My mother is in a room, and has been prepped for the surgery.  She's scheduled for 2:00, but one of the nurses said that they are running 2 hours behind.  Not sure if that is her doctor or if it is in general, but I'll try to get back with an update as soon as I can.

Roger - yes, it is suppose to be a relatively minor procedure.  My heart is still doing flip-flops, though...  Thank you all for the prayers... I too, am praying hard.

Carolyn

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey Carolyn;

Just wanted to remind you that your Mom is being prayed for all day today!

I love you. Put your trust in the Lord, your comforter!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Good Morning, my LDL family...

Well, we experienced more than a THREE hour delay getting started.  They didn't take her to the operating room (or "procedure lab" until almost 5:30).  This hospital is an exclusive Heart Hospital and has got the latest technology - they had a monitor at the reception desk that told all the patients' progress.  Each patient is given a number and the family members can check on where they are in the process.  At 8:00 she was still in the Procedure Lab.  Shortly thereafter the doctor came out and said that it was finished and everything went well.

We all got a chance to go in and see her.  There are 5 kids in my family - three of us live locally, a brother lives about 4 hours away and a sister is in the process of being transferred here (she's a Hotel Manager).  All of us were here except my one sister who was in Canada for a huge world-wide award ceremony.  She'll fly in today.  It was a long trying day, but I'm glad I was there. 

They finally transferred her back to the original hospital a little after midnight and in the email my dad wrote at 1:45 a.m. said that she was sleeping like a baby when he left.  My dad asked the doctor if she was going to be allowed to sleep all night & he said, "Yes, except for a blood draw at 4:00 a.m. and an x-ray at 5:30 a.m.".  My dad's comment was that he didn't think that was sleeping all night!!  LOL!  I will wait for his call this morning to see what the schedule is.  The last report was that she may be able to come home today.  Wow!

So there you have it - I'm sorry I didn't get on the board last night to tell you all this, but I didn't get home until about 9:30 & was just too tired!

Thank you all so much for your prayers.  (You know, it's never a "minor" operation if it's happening to a loved one!!)    :)  If you were all in one room, I'd hug each one of you!

Love,
Carolyn

tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Carolyn,

Glad to see things went well. My thoughts and prayers will continue.

Jeremiah 30:17
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

that's great,carolyn...i'm glad everything went well......now,i hope she comes home today....i hate staying in a hospital for a minute longer than you have to.......let us know when she's home..............niki
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Post by sweetcheeks »

Great News, Carolyn!!!

So happy it's over and your mom came through like
a champ.  I will add my prayers and good thoughts
for her swift recovery....

Hugs go out to you and your entire family...

and fervent thanks to our Gentle Jesus for watching
  over you all!!

Jan
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Great news!!!! thank goodness everything went well.  In the meantime I will keep praying for a speedy recovery.  God Bless youre family.
Debbie
Corky
New, but learning

Post by Corky »

Carolyn, I was late finding out about your Mom, but am so glad she is doing well.  I had to have a pacemaker 
the day after I had double knee replacement surgery and have done fine ever since. God is so good! My prayers now are for a quick recovery time. Blessings Corky
Corky
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Thank you all so much - and Corky, it's nice to know that you can tell me first hand how it feels.

I didn't get to go see my mother until close to 3:00 this afternoon.  One thing I forgot to mention is that my 91 year old grandmother lives with my parents and she can't be left alone - she falls a lot.  Anyway, since my brother had to leave to go back home this morning, I went over while my dad and brother visited.  My dad called and said that he could come home and relieve me, but I know that if it were me, I'd rather have my husband right there - and I know that he preferred to be there - so I told him to just wait a while.

When he came home I left and went up to the hospital - she looks MARVELOUS!  Her color is much better than it's been for the last couple of days and she was practically skipping to the restroom - my mom is back!

She'll get to come home tomorrow - we are all so glad.  My sister was late arriving, so she is there now...  again, I thank all of you.

Carolyn

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Carolyn,

((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))  I'm so sorry I didn't read this until this evening.  I'm SO glad to hear your mom is doing well.  Like Rogers mom, my own mother has had this procedure done.  She is doing well and it's been two years for her.  Keeping you in my prayers. 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by joecaracappa »

Carolyn:

I just read about your mom today. I'm really glad she is doing better and you better believe continued prayers will be coming.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.