Went to a party Satruday night...........

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Went to a party Satruday night...........

Post by joecaracappa »

.......sat around with friends for about an hour talking about LDL and other things when the dinner bell was rung. As I walked up to the first item on the buffet, the cover was removed and to my delight, it was FULL of BLACK BEANS (the Bean Supreme)!..................second item, PEPPERS and ONIONS!..............third, stewed, shredded CHICKEN!...........forth, refried beans (skipped that)............fifth, rice and corn, mixed (skipped that too), six, fresh fruit!.................after I returned to the table with my second helping (piled high with the good stuff) someone asked "Soooooooo, you're not dieting tonight?

Ya gotta love it!
Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Went to a party Satruday night...........

Post by Queenie »

AWESOME, JOE!

I want to know who gave that party - maybe they can cater for us at the ranch in case Mary and I get tired of cooking.....

The choices sound wonderful...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

hey that'll be the traditional meal for our barn dancing.....except we'll have allowable refried beans and corn WITHOUT rice......that's what we'll chow on after we're done doing the cotton eye joe.......NOW after mary gets done doing all that exercise(oops......i mean dancing)she'll need some fortification too.........niki   
Last edited by niki on October 2nd, 2006, 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Joe,
I hope you had alot of this food to show your friends that you can pig out on appropriate food and still lose weight...

My kids are out of school for fall Break for two weeks...so we will be camping and out of pocket with no electricity for this week....God bless each of you and good luck.  I am sure going to miss my crockpot of beans niki!!!!We leave in the morning, I may need to leave sooner as the kids keep inviting more and more and now I am up to 12 kids going with me as the only adult!!Pray for me!!!
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

prayer alert...prayer alert.......have a blast,ang....talk to you when you get back...freeze some bean soup that's cooked already and put it in your cooler..it'll double as ice to keep your stuff cold until you eat it...gotta have those beans...............niki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Ang:

We have this thing in the Boy Scouts called two-deep leadership, meaning a minimum of two adult leaders on any outing...................it's supposed to be related to youth protection but I know for a fact it is to keep the adults from going bonkers................good luck kid.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I would love to have two adults but my husband is unable to go....my parents will be visiting and coming for daily hikes though....they just don't want to sleep with the mild animals...or maybe it is all the grandkids???
I will eat beans I promise niki!!!I plan to do as you say and reheat it on the open fire!  The smores are my biggest temptation though...
ANG
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Have fun ANG!  I know you'll do great with LDL, the kids, that might be another thing    ::)   
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

TNangela wrote:Joe,
I hope you had alot of this food to show your friends that you can pig out on appropriate food and still lose weight...

My kids are out of school for fall Break for two weeks...so we will be camping and out of pocket with no electricity for this week....God bless each of you and good luck.  I am sure going to miss my crockpot of beans niki!!!!We leave in the morning, I may need to leave sooner as the kids keep inviting more and more and now I am up to 12 kids going with me as the only adult!!Pray for me!!!
ANG

You are either nuts or a saint. Since you asked for prayers I am going with Saint. I really hope you will give us a report when you get back. I pray you have a blessed and safe trip filled with more fun than you can imagine.

God Bless you and yours, and yours and those who are just yours for the week, and those over there, etc. etc. etc.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Gee Grammasuz....you'd think you don't like camping with your grandkids or something?!!! I know it's not so much the grandkids as it is the "Visitors" in the night!!! Chicken!! Tent camping is sooooo much fun!

Ang---you'll be just fine. Just keep a cell phone handy and let the kids help out with the cooking (if they're old enough!) And if they're teens you'll need more than just a few prayers! (My 10 1/2 yr old THINKS she's 18 going on 23 and drives us absolutely insane at home...but camping...she's in 7th heaven!)
veronica
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Well I survived!!
The week went well.....we only had a couple minor disagreements and they were easily handled...
we praised God around the campfire and just had  some good times.....we ate chili, burgers, beans, more beans, corn, and niki you will love this even more beans, popcorn...lets say we ate a lot !!At one point we were all playing monopoly, yahtzee etc and I did a head count and came up with 13 kids...I counted again and same number..I grabbed my flashlight and carefully inspected each face and found an unfamiliar one.....this young boy said his family was boring so he thought he would join us!!!  Talk about confusing the blonde...normally I would have one or two less but one extra....that was new!!
Thanks for the well wishes and I am so glad to be back with warm sleeping conditions, soft beds, and my bathtub with no spiders....think about that when you take yours for granted tonight!!!
ANG
niki

Post by niki »

hey ang....i'm so glad you're back....i'm glad it went well.......niki