found a fellow LDL person

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
TNangela

found a fellow LDL person

Post by TNangela »

I was at my chiropractor's office  getting adjusted and my daughter Hannahbanananevermeetastranger was talking to this slim lady pulling all of her life story and information as she is so good at. (I think she was about to have her SS#)  When the lady pulled out frozen grapes from her bag and offered Hannah some probably hoping with her mouth full the questions would stop.  That just started more of course and Hannah found out she bought the LDL book last fall and has been following the program since but has not internet access.  Makes me wonder how many people do this that arent online!!  Anyway it was cool to hear Hannah sing the praises and know the plan so thoroughly!!
ANG
Queenie
Administrator

Re: found a fellow LDL person

Post by Queenie »

How awesome, Ang!  And also awesome that Hannah knows what she's talking about!  Cool!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

ang...that hannahbanananevermetastranger is just so adorable.....i think that that is hysterical that as she's talking to someone, they whip out the frozen grapes(our ldl trademark)........she won't even have to practice to be the greeter at the ranch...
  and how wonderful is it that she's got such a good understanding of what let's do lunch is....say hi to her for me and tell her to keep up the good work.........niki
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Ang,

Isn't it awesome when you encounter someone walking on your same path?  Out of the mouths of babes!  LOL  That is such a neat story.  Say hello to Hannah for me.

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by TNangela »

Hannah would be comfortable talking with anyone Roger Troy...but I tried to pitch it to a foodservice employee and the board and they both say because of the lack of dairy and grains they cant do it....however they can continue to cut out physical education!!!Go figure!
ANG
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

TNangela wrote: ....however they can continue to cut out physical education!!!Go figure!
ANG

Hey, I'm so old I remember when (high) schools had driver's education, real gym equipment, art, music........ Delia and I spent a fortune on Mike's education (private schools) just to keep him in schools that had some kind of art program and let me tell you, they were few and somewhat uninspired.

It took him two years after high school to get a good enough portfolio (book full of drawings of naked people) for him to enter Cal Arts. in the long run that costs us more in tuition!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
CMoe

Post by CMoe »

Someone wondered how many people are probably doing Let's Do Lunch and are not on-line.  I think it could be more than you think.  I heard about LDL on our local radio station when they were interviewing Roger.  I went right out and bought the book, started the program, but had never heard of the on-line chat and website.  I don't even remember how I found out about it.  If it is in the book, then I "blew right past it" somehow.  Anyway, it is fun to visit this site and read the posts. 

Sometimes there are so many postings that it is overwhelming and I think to myself, "Don't these people have a life...is this all they have to do?"  ;)

Have a great day!
People will forget what you did, people will forget what you said, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Welcome CMOE to the LDL family !! Glad you joined us !! I love your signature motto. It's so true.

Yes, as you can tell many of us love to interact on the board. I’ll admit, it is somewhat infectious. But when you get to see how wonderful all these folks are, and how they are ready to help you, you can’t do anything but interact.

So be prepared to lose weight and have fun !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

And we have plenty of other things to do. We just choose to spend as much time as possible on the boards to continue to support one another! (plus this is one way I get my daily laughs in!!)
I just can't wait to get home and have kids homework done and them in bed to get on puter and have at it for cpl hours. Then off to bed for work!
Welcome aboard again!!
Veronica
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yep!  "What SHE said!!"

I just took a new job which I REALLY love, and I don't have nearly as much time during the day to check in.  When I was at my old job, I hated it and therefore took every opportunity to stop work and during this time I checked the boards.

But when I don't get a chance during the day, I find myself rushing to the boards when I get home to see how everyone is doing...

:-)

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."