?????

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gregg

?????

Post by Gregg »

BOO!!

I have no desire to raid the kids candy bags for chocolate. Frozen grapes for me tonight!

God bless you and yours,

Gregg
imkay

Re: ?????

Post by imkay »

i have a fresh pineapple for us to munch on tonight!!  yummmmmm
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

We don't have children in my apt building so there isn't going to be any goblins knocking on my door.  No candy in this house either.  :)  Frozen grapes and soup tonight. 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Queenie »

Candy here, but I don't care.... don't want any!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

I'm with you, Carolyn.  I bought some candy to give out, but it's certainly not tempting me.  HALLELUJAH.
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

There is plenty of candy here, but I am not tempted at all.  Had my smoothie and I am happy.
On Nov 9th. Will be 1 month for me.. Have not weighed myself in awhile.  Not sure how much I have lost, but I know I have lost inches for sure!!
I was afraid at first to tell anyone, because it seems people just want to sabatage your efforts.  I have been telling people now because this is so easy!!  I know I am a slow loser, but I don't care how fast I lose at this point or how slow.. I didn't gain it over night!!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Carla wrote:  How have you LDL people handled the beginning of a 'new beginning?" In the past whenever I told people I was working on my weight, I ended up feeling overly pressured and ultimately, gave up really fast.

In the beginning I only told my wife and began eating (allowable foods). I was making really thick 40oz smoothies and eating lots of protein, three bean salads, corn, soups and other allowable foods for lunch. I was always stuffing myself.

As my clothing loosened and my sleep improved, I began to mention it to others.

By the end of the first month, I was down fifteen pounds. I began to talk a bit more about it.

How do we begin a new beginning? We just do it! Remember the movie "Network", well, "We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore"! First you buy the allowable foods and then you eat them, it's that easy.

There's no pressure here, just follow us.............others will follow you.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Gregg wrote:BOO!!

I have no desire to raid the kids candy bags for chocolate. Frozen grapes for me tonight!

God bless you and yours,

Gregg

I remember as a child getting some fruit in my sack, at one house, they set up a tub and we would have to bob for apples.................it's sad that the world we live in does not permit that king of innocence anymore.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

joecaracappa wrote:
There's no pressure here, just follow us.............others will follow you.

Joe

Joe, you just made me cry the happiest tears.  ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Carolyn,
You are sooooo wonderful, thank you so much for making the DVD's of Mary's cooking show.  Please let me send you some $$$ to cover some of your costs like DVD and shipping.  Im so excited you were able to make copies. What a blessing you are to these message boards.  You are so caring and helpful!!!!  THank you THank you Thank you!!!!
GOd Bless
Debbie
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Carla wrote:    How have you LDL people handled the beginning of a 'new beginning?" In the past whenever I told people I was working on my weight, I ended up feeling overly pressured and ultimately, gave up really fast.

Just handle however YOU feel most comfortable.  You KNOW this is gonna be your way to eat for life!  It's easy, you eat till you're full (I love that I don't have to go to bed feeling hungry) and you eat yummy foods.  In time, you won't even have to say anything,it's going to be obvious to your family and friends that they're seeing LESS of you!!!  Keep the faith.  I know you can do it.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Carla,
I can relate to your comment on wearing the baggie clothes.  I have not wanted to draw attention to my weightloss either.  Probably from the many years of people trying to sabotage your efforts.  I sort of have this vision of coming out of my cocoon next spring as a beautiful and thin butterfly as everyone gasps!!!! lol Not to mention I know in a few weeks the loss will be more dramatic and I guess I just dont want to admit how out of control my eating had gotten.  Im hoping if I dont make a big issue out of it maybe noone will notice cause its so gradual and they wont remember me being overweight before.  I remember in the past when I lost about 40 lbs the weird sensation of picking up a pair of pants thinking......theres no way those small pants are gonna fit over my big rump and almost feeling like I didnt deserve to fit into them.  Luckily with this plan you will not be hungry and crabby and you will feel satisfied and determined!!!!!  I keep saying there is such a calmness that washes over you from this plan. It feels like God holding your hand walking with you on your journey. 
Best of Luck on your Journey Carla,
God Bless
Debbie
CJ

Post by CJ »

You guys are all so nice. I love that you understand sooo much. I don't think anyone can understand what it is like. We love ourselves, but we sometimes hate our habits. I look forward to being the role model that you all are.

Your the best!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Carla,

We all have either been there or are STILL there... Yes, we understand...

Big hug for you...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Ms Dee
New, but learning

Post by Ms Dee »

Hello everyone....

Boy I enjoy this message board...helps us keep in touch with one another and we can vent ...

I was in a store yesterday saw all the halloween candy....lightbulb went off in my head....Dee didn't buy any candy for the children.....maybe she should...never do like to miss out with the children.....well....Dee walked out WITHOUT the candy  ....Dee went out so wasn't home forgot I had rehearsal....
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

We took the kids trick or treating and when got home to examine all the "loot" as they put it I found 2 of my absolute favorite candies...twix bars. Now normally I would have had those 2 and someother candy (like the peanut M&M) but last night I had 1 of the twix and thought ....now why did you do that.!? It really didn't taste all that well and I definately didn't "Need" it. Now today at work someone brought in donuts (Do Not's I call them now) and leftover candy and it didn't phase me one bit! And I was right back as normal on program without skipping a beat!
And the scale was super nice to me today! See personal success board with my name and  you'll see how nice it really was!!!
Veronica
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Thanks Roger. I feel good about how well I'm doing. And I definately wasn't craving the candy bar on Halloween. It just was old habit dying hard. I normally look through the kids treats to be sure it's all good (none open etc) and normally would put aside MY favorites for ME. I wasn't thinking and just went ahead and opened the bar and ate it. That's why as soon as I did that I was "Why did you eat that. You definately did not want it , you didn't need it and you don't eat that way anymore!!!" But I sure was glad to know that I could even think that way right after eating it.