I've been fooling myself...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Queenie
Administrator

I've been fooling myself...

Post by Queenie »

Hi everyone -

I realized tonight that I've been deceiving myself AND you.  I honestly thought that the picture that appears next to my name really looked like me.  Last night we had a party for my mom's 75th birthday, and I was "caught" in one corner of a photo.  I was devistated when I saw it. 

I've lost 20 pounds since beginning LDL - and here I was thinking that I looked so good last night - and then I saw that picture!  Of course, it didn't help that I was caught with my glasses on - I only use them for close up - but I have to wear them to even see what I'm eating, or for doing things like helping with the gifts, as I was last night.  Because of this, they sat on my nose for most of the night...

Anyway, I need to come clean with all of you - THIS is what I look like - I'm so ashamed and embarrased. 

Carolyn   :'(

My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Re: I've been fooling myself...

Post by niki »

carolyn..what am i missing?....you look great to me...when you said you were deceiving yourself and everyone here,i was like "what is carolyn going to confess to"?..noone looks the same in every picture. ::)...i think you're SO funny.....niki
linda7777

Post by linda7777 »

Carolyn---you are a child of God---and you are beautiful.
Bless you.
Linda
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

you look wonderful!!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

(((((((((((((((((((((((Carolyn))))))))))))))))))))  Youre so sweet.  Ashamed?  Are you kidding me.  YOU are such a beautiful lovely woman...both inside and out.  You radiate warmth and compassion and an extremely BEAUTIFUL spirit in that picture. Trust me you have nothing to be embarrassed about.  That original picture you posted is no mistake or accident.  I have felt loved and comforted by your bright eyes and warm loving smile since Ive come onto these boards.  So what, you put a picture that captured  how you want to look every moment and how you feel about yourself and how you want to be remembered by others and that is a blessing to us as well as you.  You are my sister and I love you whether you are all gussied up or just everyday same old you!!!!  How special you are cannot be defined by a picture. 
Love and Bless your Heart.....You ARE BEAUTIFUL Sweetie!!!!
Debbie ( Who has some very horrible pictures that my son delights in taking of me and which I WILL NOT BE POSTING OF MYSELF ANYTIME SOON!!!!!)
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Give it up Carolyn!!! No one ever likes how they look in a photo. OBVIOUSLY you weren't posing for hte pic. soooo how could you have shown your "BEST SIDE"???
Sorry...But if I have to put up with my pic (Which by the way, I hate having taken especially since I'm so heavy now!) Then you have to just deal with yours as well!!
Silly Girl! We think you're absolutely GORGEOUS!!
Veronica
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Carolyn,
You still look great!!  I like the straight hair too....
besides you either told everybody or maybe it was just me I cant remember that the pic you have posted was before some weight gained....
Take care,
ANG
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

I still see the same sunny Carolyn, just from a different angle. We love ya no matter what, girl! :) ....NYKath
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Carolyn

I gotta come clean .. As a male, I have to admit you look BEAUTIFUL !

Cameras sometimes catches us at bad angles. At least you can post a picture. Heck, my worst camera angle is when the lens is pointed at me. I’ve broken more lens then VisionCenter. The best picture ever taken of me had the lens cap on.

Remember beauty is not made up what is on the outside, but the inside of a person. I’ve known a lot off ugly “attractive” people. God has truly blessed you. He not only gave you inside beauty, but beauty on the outside. 

The other thing to remember, we’re all beautiful in the eye of the Lord

And about the glasses ……  I think they look rather I_am_a_BAD_Spammey.. *

*Yes -- I left that in there for laugh purposes !! - Think Rod Stewart hit
Last edited by tcasola on November 8th, 2006, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

You are a silly silly woman.  ((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))  I looked at your picture after I read your post and I'm thinking......WHAT is she talking about?  Only difference I see in the second pic from the on on your posts is longer straighter hair and glasses. 

I know we would all like to look like a movie star all the time, but you know, even those women have been made up and posed for a pic.  Ever see those pictures in the tabloids?  The ones the guys take who are hiding in the bushes? 

You're beautiful.  You have NOTHING to be ashamed of.  I'm with everyone else who says that you're beautiful inside AND out!  ;D  Now dry those tears and feel the love! 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Forever Young »

Not a one of us likes to see ourselves in photos!  There just happen to be some that we like beter than most.  I know I hate to have my picture taken..worse than having to have a flu shot!!!

In God's eyes we are all beautiful..no matter our size, age, shape, or dress.  Just think of where you were...and where you are now...and where you are going to be when you have lost all the weight you want to lose.

You look good girl!!!  Just keep on keeping on....

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Ohhhhhh, you guys....

I certainly never meant for anyone to come back and say all these nice things.  I was just so upset when I saw what I really looked like, all I could think was - "All those wonderful people - they think you look like "that" & really you look like "THAT"...."  and I felt like I needed to set the record straight...

I'll admit - I posted with tears running down my cheeks and then I went to bed.  It's about 7:15 p.m. right now & I've not had but a few moments all day to look at the board & as I read all the things you guys wrote, I sat here with tears running down my cheeks again.  I am really choked up.

Ang - yes, I did post that I the picture was taken about 20 pounds ago - I started "counting" last night & it was more like 35 pounds ago... so I still have 15 pounds before I look like that again... talk about walking around with rose colored glasses on!

And Mary - YESSSSSSSSS - I grew up Catholic!!  haha!!  I guess it shows!!  I'll have to admit that when I read that, I started cracking up!  You are a hoot!  (I've not been active in the Roman Catholic church since I was a teenager, because I didn't agree with many [most] of their teachings [rules].) 

And Tom - I just about spewed my drink on my monitor again when I read your post....  And about the glasses ……  I think they look rather I_am_a_BAD_Spammey.. *!!!!!!!!  hahahaha!!!  (Thank You!!)

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Post by sweetcheeks »

Hey Carolyn,

I like the new foto better.........you are gorgeous, you silly girl. I think you look a lot like Gloria Steinum....and you are a constant inspiration to me.

...fat cheeks....whoops, I mean sweetcheeks... ;D

Jan
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

Carolyn, I haven't been on the boards for awhile but I was shocked when I read this thread.  You have nothing to confess or feel bad about.  My sister, you are beautiful inside and out.  I wish you were my neighbor 'cause I think that you are a wonderful person, and a great inspiration to all of us.  Know that I am praying for you to feel God's peace, presence and mostly His loving arms around His daughter of whom He is very proud.
                                                Carol
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
niki

Post by niki »

wishing we were all closer together and could GET together is how our ranch came to be.....niki
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Hey Carolyn, I got the glasses thing going on too..........I too am at the stage where I need to wear them when I eat, but I'd never ever heard anyone else say that......and so I laughed when you did.   Plus, I'm Catholic, lol.

I just relate alot to how you must have been feeling because, in looking for a picture of me to post, I rejected a picture my daughter sent me (a favorite of hers) because I think I'm bigger than that picture showed.  :o  I know....it makes no sense.
Sometimes I look in a mirror and I'm pleased and other times I look in a mirror and wonder what happened!
Whether that's Catholic, or being a female or being a human being we all go through that at one time or another!

So, I think you were fooling yourself...........when you thought you weren't wonderful and beautiful.
((Hugs)) mrsj