Dinner tonight

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
tcasola
Administrator

Re: Dinner tonight

Post by tcasola »

ICB (Iron Chef Ben) you are a person to be admired. When you first came on board, you weren't sure if you would do this - let alone know how to cook ... Now you're a slim chef master !! Maybe you can come out to New Jersey one of these days and show your lazy brother a thing or two.

Keep it up my brother. You are definitely on your way to greatness !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:She's almost 11 (next month) and wanted to do something special for her Daddy and I! It's our Anniversary today (14 years) and she decided to make us dinner!

uhhmmm....princess veronica.....
      first of all,congratulations on celebrating the royal anniversary.....14(in judaism,multiples of 7 are a special blessing)
      SECOND OF ALL.your almost 11 year old daughter made you dinner?.......we will no longer entertain on these boards any comments made regarding the royal children that portrays them as anything but the lovable darlings they are.................
                           by decree of the bean queen
      AND seconded by the queen mum herself............
Last edited by niki on January 10th, 2007, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

tcasola wrote:Tonight .. I am making something my mother used to make frequently when she was alive .... reservations !!

Thank you .. Thank you .. Thank you .. You're a wonderful crowd ... I'll be here all week !!

hey tom...don't quit your day job..............aw come on...i always wanted to say that to someone.....WHO did we say would be the stand up comic at the ranch?.....niki
niki

Post by niki »

BigBen wrote:Brother tom, U better get a new joke book pretty soon buddy.  Today at lunch I am having a big ol Rodger troy Burger & some bill's Mash potatos & some leftover vegtables.  At night I M gonna have a big smoothie & probably some popcorn & maybe some watermelon 2.  your friend, Ben

hey.ben............now SOON,you're gonna have grammasuz begging you for fed-ex care packages...keep up the good work............niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Tonight I made a huge pot of Niki's Bean soup - enough for all week - YUM!

Tom - I've gotta admit - I fell for it!!!  And laughed like crazy!

Ben - I can't say it enough - I am SO proud of you!!!

GrammaSuz - I thought of you the other day in walmart - Over by the candles they sell CD's & cassettes - stuff to relax by, etc... well, they have a new one - a Gospel Walking Tape!!  It's $9.99 - and I just KNEW you'd like to know.

I ate a bowl of Niki's soup and it, as it always is, was fantastic.  No popcorn for me tonight - I had a temporary crown put in today because I broke a tooth two days ago - on - guess what?  A popcorn kernel...  Now, I am normally VERY careful eating popcorn... There was a piece that wasn't quite popped & I didn't notice.  Wow, did that hurt!  And I found out that my new insurance doesn't cover major things like crowns.  They quoted me a price of $720.00, which is a reduced price (normally a crown is $950.00), but when they got in there, the dentist realized that he's going to have to do a "crown extension" - another $400.00 - but he told me that he'd "only" charge me $200.00....  So this one tooth is going to be almost a grand...  Sheez - I had a crown and root canal last summer - about $1500.00 - and guess what?  I have another broken tooth that will need a crown also.  (But that one doesn't hurt, so that one will wait.)  The cause of all these were deep fillings that I had as a kid.  Apparently, there are more fillings than tooth in some of my back teeth... and I guess since they're old fillings.... well, I don't know!!  But geez, talk about a million dollar smile!! 

And the Queen has many crowns!!  Bad!

Carolyn
Last edited by Queenie on January 10th, 2007, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

niki wrote:
BigBen wrote:Brother tom, U better get a new joke book pretty soon buddy.  Today at lunch I am having a big ol Rodger troy Burger & some bill's Mash potatos & some leftover vegtables.  At night I M gonna have a big smoothie & probably some popcorn & maybe some watermelon 2.  your friend, Ben

hey.ben............now SOON,you're gonna have grammasuz begging you for fed-ex care packages...keep up the good work............niki

Now that you mention it Niki, that sounds like a mighty fine idea.  I'll send you my address Ben.  Send it to my work cause thats where I have most of my protein meals!!  ;D
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Queenie wrote: GrammaSuz - I thought of you the other day in walmart - Over by the candles they sell CD's & cassettes - stuff to relax by, etc... well, they have a new one - a Gospel Walking Tape!!  It's $9.99 - and I just KNEW you'd like to know.

Carolyn

OH MY, I'm gonna have to look in my WalMart.  That would be so cool!!
niki

Post by niki »

i have a couple of tapes like that and have never been able to find more.....ME TOO...i'm going to check out walmart too........thanks,carolyn.............niki
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Carolyn, If you think of it next time you're there, could you write down the title?  Thanks.  Oh, did you find in where regular CD's are or in one of those end caps where they have maybe dozen or so that you press to listen?
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

1) Niki...they aren't always adorable monsterserrr children. Been fighting with younger 2 about going to bed last cpl nights. So far tonight haven't heard a peep out of them since bedtime (guess the threat of paddles worked this time!)
2) Ben...look out...you've got a problem with my mom now!!! She's looking for someone to cook for HER! (by the way congrats on the 40 lbs!!!)
3) Carolyn does you job offer Flexible Spending accounts? they're wonderful!!! They take a fixed amount (you determine up to 2500$) out of your paycheck in even amounts for the whole year. BUT it's taken before taxes..so it reduces your taxable income. Even though you may only have had say the first payment (from your check) taken out, you can spend right away on qualified medical expenses like crowns, co-pay's for dr. visit, medicine, eye glasses etc.
You just have to be sure that you use it all by the end of the plan year or you lose it! So guesstimate carefully. With my family of 5 I have no problems spending that amount every year!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yes, I sure will, Suzie...  But I know that it's something simple - like "Gospel Walking".

Now, it's NOT by the regular CD's.  You know where the candles are?  Well, there is usually a place right there where you can push the buttons on pictures of the cd's to hear a sample.  Usually this display has about 20 selections - celtic, ocean sounds, relaxation, etc. 

Hope this helps.

Carolyn

Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Thanks Carolyn.  Thats kinda where I thought it might be.  So may stop by Walmart on the way home tonight and before I head out to choir!  Have a wonderful day.
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

U ladies keep your mitts of my food, ha ha just kidding.  I M surprised by myself if the truth is known that I can cook so many good things & eat so much good food & I M losing my exess body fat.  Lets do lunch rocks!  I M gonna be away for a few weeks cuz of a training course so I will talk with U when I get home.  Ben
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Bye Brother Bean;

Be safe and healthy while you are gone. We'll pray for you and think of you while you're away.

NJ
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Ben Have a good time, stay safe and keep yourself filled up on LDL food!!! 
See ya Soon
Debbie
aemalone
New, but learning

Post by aemalone »

Tonights dinner will be "Pizza Soup" yahoo !! This soup is great and the kids loved it also. Down another pound so thats 5 pounds since last Friday, I always have been able to loose weight rather quickly, I'm lucky that way but when I don't work out I can gain just as easy.
Stay Strong Everyone
Tony
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Queenie wrote:
GrammaSuz - I thought of you the other day in walmart - Over by the candles they sell CD's & cassettes - stuff to relax by, etc... well, they have a new one - a Gospel Walking Tape!!  It's $9.99 - and I just KNEW you'd like to know.

Carolyn

YAHOO, I FOUND IT AND OF COURSE I BOUGHT IT!!!  Thanks for the info Carolyn.  I would never have found it cause I wouldn't hav been looking for it of course.  I happened to think that there is a small Walmart not to far from my office.  Seeing how it looks like it could rain any minute, I decided instead of my lunchtime walk I'd go shopping :D  I listened to a couple of tracks in car on way back to office.  I love the beat, it will be fun to listen and walk to.  So I'll try and download it tonight onto my MP3 player.  While I was there I also looked for the Rumford Baking powder, but they don't seem to stock it at this store.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I'm so happy that you found it, Suzie!  Makes me happy when I can help others - well, not that I really helped you - just gave you some info... anyway, I'm glad you got it.

I thought every store in the country carried Rumford Baking Powder... very strange!

Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

now Carolyn...she's suppose to be SAVING money NOT spending it! So please do us a big favor and don't tell her about any more gospel CD's....Just kidding...I know it's not that much$...but on the serious side..just PM me about these things then I'll have something to surprise her with for her B-day in May...speaking of...Mom we need to figure out when we're having Katie and Becca's parties (at your house of course!!!) I know you're gone part of Feb on your cruise so...let me know
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Veronica - If I run across anything else like this, I'll be sure to do that!!

Carolyn