HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
docsal
New, but learning

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by docsal »

hi ya'll i love cheese and am having a hard time with getting rid of cheese. i have gotten rid of bread (for the most part- i have a pretzel with soya cheese on it maybe once every other week or so). I have NO DESIRE whatsoever for candy, cake, pie or sweeties. I no longer crave bread. I no longer eat pasta or want pasta. I no longer eat rice or want to eat rice. I just cant seem to get over cheese. I love 2% velveeta with rotel chili's and tomatoes with turkey chili and beans in it with corn thins. HOW CAN I GET OFF CHEESE??? I have read the blue and red books 2 times each. I dont have the menu cards. I have amped up the beans and the corn, popcorn and fruit. I really need to get off of cheese. any suggestions are welcome and appreciated. I also want to share a recipe and dont know where to do that. I also found out i love champagne grapes frozen and dont like regular grapes at all let alone frozen. I also only need to eat about 10 or so champagne grapes and then i am done eating them. I do eat watermelon and pineapple as if they were going out of style. i also eat plenty of other fruit, these are just my faves. hope you all are having a great day. sal
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hi Sal. The only craving that will satisfy cheese is CHEESE, and you have to satisfy that craving. So, try all the different fat-free cheeses to see which one you like the best, and go with that. If there are none, then like the book says, go with the least fattening that tastes the best to you. Therefore, try all the low-fat cheeses and go with the one that tastes the best to you.

Then, after you find the cheese that will satisfy your cheese cravings, when you eat that particular cheese, eat as little as possible to satisfy your craving...and then don't eat it again until you have a cheese craving. You will be surprised at how your cheese cravings will become fewer and fewer.

this wasn't my experience.....i've never been able to diet and eat cheese....because i can't stop....i LOVE cheese...ohmygosh..cheddar, feta,monterey jack,provolone.....LOVE THEM and more.....the only thing that worked for me was to completely stay away from them and eat loads of beans soups...loads of beans.....and then, even though i still love cheese, i'm NOT tempted to eat it.....for me, it's just like chocolate...i CAN'T eat a small piece of chocolate and walk away, either...........
for my birthday dinner, i had bought the mozarella rolled up with prosciutto for my son-in-law....he ended up not coming and it's been in my fridge for a couple of weeks.....DOESN'T bother me...
my recommendation is to eat LOADS of beans...THAT was what worked for me(along with all the other allowable foods)........ 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
docsal
New, but learning

Post by docsal »

hi ev1, i am still trying to get rid of cheese in my diet. i am on soya, veggy and sometimes 2% kraft or borden either singles or 2% velveeta. I am not eating tons of it like i used to, however, i am still craving cheese ALOT. i love cheese with rotel or spinach in it on corn thins. i love corn thins too. i have ramped up the refried beans and corn and am all but off of red meat and am off of bread, pasta, rice, grains, etc. i like fruit and am eating it, but not like a maniac or anything. i am eating lots of veggies. i am keeping a food diary. i am down from 2-3 2liters of cold drinks per day to 1-2 20oz diet colas per week and i find that i pour them and then dont even finish them, so they are all but gone too. i am feeling really good. i have less edema and more energy. I do want to get off of cheese though. i think that would help me a lot and i am not sure how to do it. also i am insulin resistant and i find that if i take fruit for breakfast and dinner that i need to put either beans or 2% cottage cheese with it or i get a hypoglycemic episode. please help. sal ;D
docsal
New, but learning

Post by docsal »

thank you guys, I didnt see your post when I put the next one on here. I am going to take your advice BOTH of you. I will ramp up the beans and since I am on the low fat cheeses I will only take them when i cant stand it anymore. SO, here's hoping!!! I feel really good like I have done quite a bit of good so far on the diet. I am really happy with the way i am feeling. I have noticed a few amazing things one thing is that I have dimples in my cheeks and I had forgotten it. My cheeks were so swollen from the edema from the metabolic syndrome that I forgot what i really even look like. Now I am starting to see some slimness coming back to my face because I noticed my dimples are back on my cheeks. THIS IS AMAZING. I have not seen them in 4 years. Thanks for all the help and encouragement. I am so loving this plan and this site. Sal *love*
docsal
New, but learning

Post by docsal »

thank you roger troy, so much, for everything, really. this is actually so much fun. i have never had this much fun on a "diet" before. I always used to say that diet was Die with a T... LOL... I teach my patients that "Diet" is nothing but the choices you make in regards to the foods you will eat. "Nutrition" is what you GET from those choices. Kind of helps put it all in a different light. I also tell them "You can only eat an elephant one bite at a time". Which means, make a goal -  I want to weigh 160lbs and feel ultra healthy- that is my goal. I can only get there one day at a time. So the comment means to chunk the BIG GOAL down into smaller more obtainable goals and before you know it, the BIG GOAL is met. Kind of like magic. LOL....BTW, I went to a meeting for work last night and we had not met (this particular group) for 3 weeks. We usually meet every other week. ANYWHO, FIRST THING when I walk in, everyone says... WOW Doc, you look like you have lost a good bit of weight!! SO, I havent weighed in a while and I am not going to. I think I will wait another month or so and see just what is what with that old scale. LOL... Lovin' it...Sal *love*  :D
Floridanurse

Post by Floridanurse »

I am back Let's do Lunch Followers! :) I have been getting steroid shots for 2 years since I was  first on The plan & After following it diligently the steroids won & I have packed the weight back on & went back to feeding the cravings the steroid shots gave me. I really hate how I feel with the weight gain & my neck & body pain are not any better r/t Fibromyalgia & herniated disc in my cervical spine. I am trying to give up the shots & see with weight loss I will feel better! Have my Book & today is my first day to get back on the plan, Need some encouragement to stay with plan.  Looking forward to being happy at looking good again!,Rita(Florida Nurse)
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Welcome back Rita!  The boards have been bustling ever since the First Magazine article came out and you will find lots of new friends here! 

Cheryl
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

Hi Sal, I also wanted to comment on your cheese addiction.  I too LOVE LOVE LOVE every single kind of cheese.  It is absolutely a major part my extra weight gain (in addition to adult beverages)  What I've found to be successful so far is to only buy fat free cheese.  I have shredded mozzarella for my pizza soup, and cheddar slices for other foods.  If you love cheese, there's a good chance that you think FF cheese tastes awful by itself, I do.  However, when it's melted in soups or on veggies, it doesn't taste bad, and it still takes away my cravings.  The good thing is that it stops me from just snacking on large chunks of cheese all the time.  I would eat a whole brick of cheese if I bought it because it is so good.  This way, I use it sparingly for added flavor, not for my entire meal.
Hope this helps, and keep up the good work!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Rita- Welcome back to LDL.  It's always here for us, no matter how far we may stray.  I'm sure that you will find a new bunch of supportive friends here.  Pam
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Welcome Back, Rita!

You will find a lot of new LDLers since you left and they, including our much beloved Little Mary, are here to help you get back on track.  Luck, love, & prayers to you  *hug*

VickiLynn (one month on LDL and lovin' it)
jelly

Post by jelly »

Hi everyone

I am just a newbie, and I need help I have read the book a couple times and I have started eating my smoothies in the morning , my protein for lunch and last, fruit or an other smoothie for my dinner. I don't snack I do drink alot of water. But I don't seem to be loosing much weigth.Can someone help me. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, what I have read it seems like you are looseing  all the tiime and alot. Does it just take time and comes off very slowly?  I have tried every diet under the sun and I don't want to give up hope on myself. I want to be proud of my self and be able to say I did do it before I leave this world. I am 61 and still going strong  and I am not giving up untill I am 161 so I have lots of time to get this stuff off. Is there any one out there that can help me prayer and a good word?

Thanks ever so much
Jelly
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

Hello Jelly, welcome to LDL.  :)

How long have you been on LDL? Everyone looses at their body's schedule. There is no way to tell how fast or slow a person will lose weight. You could have lost inches instead of weight. You should take measurements. Most everyone weighs once a month. Are you eating at each meal until full? Are you taking medicine or have health issues? Check out the journals to see others weight loss and meals. Others will be along soon to offer more help.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Hi Jelly!
This should be fun.  My post is jjelly.  cause of my name.  glad u r here  jj  :thumbsup:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Cornthins are so great.  I ordered from Amazon for them.  They will satisfy.  I am having so much fun with my new way of eating.  I'm never hungry- can't believe it.  I am a lifetime member of WW, have done low carbs-always hungry.  I already am over food cravings like pizza, pies, and cakes.  Corn on the cobb tastes so sweet and I can have more than one ear- how great!  It is definitely how I like to eat- fruit, fruit, and more fruit. Forever Friend
naillady

Post by naillady »

I just got my book yesterday why is Splenda avoided