HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
mfa170

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by mfa170 »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hi Mary. First of all, there is only one recipe that I know of that has a partial baked potato in it...Bud's Black Bean Baked Potato, which is in the recipe cards. Just ignore that recipe (which was part of the blue book that said if you get a potato craving to eat the Bud's recipe), and if there is another recipe with potatoes in it, either in the recipe cards or in the book, please let me know.

Instead of any potatoes, please eat Bill's Mashed Potatoes (made with blended butter beans, etc.), Butter-bean Potato Cakes, Beef Potato Pie, Tamale Pie, Ground-chicken Sausages, all the different beans soups and all the recipes with LDL starchy carbs in them.

Also, you need to read Chapters 2 thru 6 at least 3 times through, in order to pick up on everything you need to remember. For example, the book says that to start with you eat until you are full, whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is and no matter how many calories you consume...until all your cravings for the foods that have derailed you in the past are gone. Then, you still eat until full, but only at mealtimes.

God bless and enjoy,

Roger Troy

Hi Troy,

Thank you for the speedy response.  I wanted to thank you for such a simplistic, enjoyable and sound approach to life time eating.  I will begin my second read here in a few minutes.  This begins my third day and I will continue to log into the message board for information, support and updates. 

I did find one more recipe in the cards that called for baked potatoes, Curt's Sloppy Joes.  It does provide alternatives to the use of potatoes. 

Many thanks for your clarification and support.

The Lord is good to me and so I thank the Lord.... :kissed:
Blessings,
Mary
Blessings,

Mary

karenrogers

Post by karenrogers »

Mary, You have lost 3.5 in two days?  That is great!
mfa170

Post by mfa170 »

karenrogers wrote:Mary, You have lost 3.5 in two days?  That is great!

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the encouragement, I started my ticker on my highest weight and just checked my weight today after starting LDL on Saturday.  So not sure when I lost the 3.5 but sure do love this program.

The Lord is Good to me and so I thank the Lord  :thumbsup:
Blessings,

Mary

MICH-3

Post by MICH-3 »

I GOT MY BOOK CAN YOU EAT FRUIT IN MORNING BUT NOT WITH PROTINE AT LUNCH
I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS PARTS                MCIHELE  *grrr*
lose20by40
New, but learning

Post by lose20by40 »

One of my addictions is sweet potatoes...did I miss this in the book or can I have baked sweet potatoes on LDL?  If anyone can answer or give me page numbers for the red book, I would appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Tina L
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear Mary, Wanted to be sure you received my post; it is on my food journal page. Whenever I start to get discouraged I think about you and Roger.  Keep praying I can finally stick with something to get these pounds off and get healthy.  thanks!  Love and prayers, Annamaria
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear Roger,  I wanted you to check out my post for you on my Food Journal page.  As I commented to "Little Mary", you both are truly my inspiration to stick with this. Would you pray also for my willpower? I made "Neet's" meatloaf for my husband, Steve, who decided to join me in this endeavor.  He loved it!!! I',m having chili today and meatloaf tomorrow. Again, I have read many posts about the blue cheese stalling weight loss. Will 1/2 of 1 of 4 meatloaves from the recipe...be enough to stall?! We also use a FEW blue cheese crumbles whenever we have salad also. Thanks again for being YOU!!! Love and prayers, Annamaria 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Believe me, Annamaria, when I say that a few blue cheese crumbles will NOT stall weight loss! If someone is saying that, then in my opinion they are doing something else that is really wrong!

i have to tell you, roger, that what i say depends on who i'm talking to....
here are the different scenarios...
someone who doesn't lose easily......i wouldn't have even lost my average of 4 pounds a month if i had been putting blue cheese crumbles on my salad...FIRST of all, my crumbles would have gotten a little bigger every day until there were BOULDERS on my salad........
the way i explain to people is that everyone likes to add certain things or be a little more lavish,say, in something like the amount of olive oil they cook with....for you, one of those things was blue cheese.........NOW, how easily someone could say, "well, blue cheese crumbles are allowed, but to make it work for me, i'm going to add __________."....until the let's do lunch format is almost unrecognizable.......
bear in mind that YOU'RE a man and men lose weight more easily than women do....and in the beginning when you first started losing weight, you COULD eat more and lose weight than you were able to on your last 30 pounds........
so, i do tell people that it depends on how they lose weight and how much weight they need to lose........someone who has a lot more weight to lose NEEDS to make more exceptions because they've got a longer trip ahead of them.....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear Roger and Nikki, Thanks for the response to my blue cheese question. I just love the way everyone is soooo helpful. Love and prayers, Annamaria
skinner109

Post by skinner109 »

newbie here and I am looking forward to starting the LDL tomorrow.
sunshinegirl

Post by sunshinegirl »

Sunshinegirl,  I'm new just got my book.  Are we allowed to have  barley?  The bag says that it is a bean.  Thank you.
cjredhead

Post by cjredhead »

hey Cj here Houston,Tx new to LDL but am loving it. In the book it says you can use Slenda and it is the only sweetner we use what should we use instead?
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

cjredhead wrote:hey Cj here Houston,Tx new to LDL but am loving it. In the book it says you can use Slenda and it is the only sweetner we use what should we use instead?

Hi Cj, I'm in Abilene.
I'm sorry, your post isn't clear, what are you asking?
NJ