HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by Gwennaford »

You poor guy - have you slept AT ALL since the magazine came out?
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
LMLJ

Post by LMLJ »

Started reading LDL ( newest edition) and in the process of getting all my ducks ( emotions) in a row before starting....For myself I'm not that concerned about the physical hunger as I am with my emotional hunger. I don't always eat a lot of food but what I do eat is mostly "C-Food"            ( cookies, cake, crackers, chips etc). 
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

LMLJ;

Welcome to LDL! ("Let's Do Lunch"tm)
May I suggest that while you're reading and preparing yourself for this journey, you stock up on various fruits and popcorn. (There is a recipe here somewhere on making popcorn in a brown paper sack in the microwave, spraying it with "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter"tm (aka ICBINB)  after it's popped and sprinkling it with sea saltand other flavorings.)

I, too, am an emotional eater. So my weight-loss has been slower than some. BUT this plan is still do-able. I have lost 60#s so far.
NJ
deeda

Post by deeda »

Doe's anyone sleep here?  Ya know I'm not as addicted to sugar as I am to breads and grains, (soba noodles, tabbouleh, couscous) how do you get over that?  (I think its the Pennsylvania dutch in me because I could eat a whole loaf of homemade bread my self in one sitting)

Dee
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

deeda wrote:Ya know I'm not as addicted to sugar as I am to breads and grains, (soba noodles, tabbouleh, couscous) how do you get over that?  (I think its the Pennsylvania dutch in me because I could eat a whole loaf of homemade bread my self in one sitting)

Dee

Dee,

Put beans in  EVERYTHING....chopped and pureed chickpeas in chicken salad, white beans beat in with your scrambled eggs, puree beans to make creamy soups.....

Then, eat popcorn, corn on the cob.....

Basically, eat the good carbs until the cravings for the bread goes away....it will....trust me, I am very rarely tempted at all by bread and I used to make my own homemade rolls, bread....everything.  And, my family feels MUCH better.  We found (shortly after starting LDL) that many of us have gluten allergies.

Blessings,
Julie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

LMLJ - I am an emotional eater, too.  When this first occurred to me, it was a true Epiphany ! ! !  I thought I had invented the term, because I hadn't heard it before.  :tongue:

Please don't wait to start Let's Do Lunch while you are working to get your emotional ducks in a row.  I truly believe that with the Lord's leading, this program is the key to achieving body, mind and spiritual balance.  Eating UNTIL YOU ARE FULL, WHENEVER YOU ARE HUNGRY of the sweetest and most wholesome fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and PILES peas, beans, corn, popcorn, edamame, lentils, and squash -- will take care of your craving for the "C" foods, and promote a healthy body AND mind.  I promise.  How your spirit functions is between you and the Lord -- I hope you will open up and receive the love that He and we "lunchers" have to share.
<:sideways:

Nice, picture, Dee - our Little Lavender Bird!
ImageImage
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Julie,

How did you discover gluten allergies?  What were the symptoms?

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Pat,

There is a range of symptoms in our house...from mild stomach upset to extreme acid reflux (throwing up 2-3 times/wk).  I'm SOOO thankful the Lord brought LDL into our life and with it, the cure to YEARS of struggle with this stuff!

Blessings,
Julie
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

you know what?!  my 7 yr old pukes about once a month in the middle of the night.  then when he gets up he's totally fine. i wonder if that could have something to do with what you two are talking about? 
deeda

Post by deeda »

Prior to finding this program I did a detox for about a week and a half.  So I hadn't eaten any sugar or starch, red meat etc.  It was a smoothie for breakfast (w/protien, fruit, flax seed meal and flax seed oil)
then for lunch and dinner is was 1/2 cup brown rice 2 cups of steamed veggies and fish was added for dinner.  There were supplements involved as well as bentonite clay and psyllium. Any way that pretty much took care of the cravings, but I was hungry most of the time.  However I did find that I must have some food allergies because my smokers hack (I've never smoked) is gone.  I've had this drainage in my throat for at least 30 years and its pretty much gone.  I drank a coke the other day and it came back, aha maybe its processed sugar?  I've recently read that something like 55% of the population has food allergies.

Dee
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Lizzy wrote:you know what?!  my 7 yr old pukes about once a month in the middle of the night.  then when he gets up he's totally fine. i wonder if that could have something to do with what you two are talking about? 

I would keep an eye on it and see if it doesn't happen on a night in which he has had a couple of pieces of pizza paired with cookies or something.  I know my 8yo son will be up if he does this.....he even knows now and is very careful.

Blessings,
Julie
mikdar

Post by mikdar »

I sure hope so.  I have been overweight since I was twenty five.  I have tried all kinds of diets and programs.  I guess if this one does not work I will just be happy fat.  I have several of my friends interested in the program so I sure hope I do not let them down.  YSIJC  Mike  :blush:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEt0sbM/]
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

HI MIKE ! ! !  So nice to have another man aboard the train to Skinnytown!  And I see from your profile you're from Kentucky.  You are in good company - you have several neighbors here on the boards.  Please don't be a stranger.  We seriously need a male point of view around here.

With the abundant variety of good food you can eat until you are full, whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is, even if you eat 10,000 calories a day -- there's no way you will not be successful.  Don't worry about letting your friends down.  You take care of yourself and they will be so impressed by the work the Lord is doing in your life through Let's Do Lunch that they will be clamoring to follow you aboard this train!

Gwen
ImageImage
withjoy
New, but learning

Post by withjoy »

hi everyone ...  *love*
i'm truly going to need prayers ~ i love potatoes, rice, bread and pasta so this will be a challenge as i begin ~ not so much a craving as a desire ..  *lipssealed* ... but i am determined to make a change this time for a new lasting lifestyle of eating ...

so with that being said, with the protein at lunch, i know i'm not suppose to do fruit, but what about like tomatoes and cucumbers .. or even a salad? 
and for dinner, could i do a salad with soup?

i've only gone through the chapters once, and with the information here on the boards, it's a lot to "digest" all at once ... (so to speak-haha)

well everyone is so nice and willing to help ~ i look forward to the new me!

with joy!  in Christ!
diane
(i, too, have a story about my username - for another time)
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

WJ - you absolutely SHOULD have veggies & salads with your heavy protein (if having) at lunch.  Hearty beans, beans soups and lunch protein entrees made with beans also bulk up your lunchtime experience, keeping you full and satisfied through the evening.
ImageImage
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Roger,
I thank God that you've been able to develop this plan and been willing to share with others. I'm so looking forward to receiving my book so I can get started in earnest. In the meantime, I'll do my best with help and support from the message board. Thanks and God Bless, Eljayne :angel:
honeyg
New, but learning

Post by honeyg »

just started reading the book...I know I should read it 3 times to get everything down pat...but I'm still confused about somethings...please correct me if I'm wrong...for breakfast I can have all the fruit I want plus 1 or 2 eggs. and for lunch have my biggest meal of the day so for example can I have meatloaf with salad or veggies??? and for dinner its back to all the fruit I want and if Im still hungry I can have soup....here's where I get confused again....can I have canned soup like campbells tomato soup and if so how much??? also bought orville redenbacher smart po 94% fat free butter popcorn is that alright to use and how much of it can I have...my major problem is snacking at night but If I can have popcorn then I could snack on that at nighttime...any help you could give me I'd appreciate...thanks
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Honeyg,

Yes, if all the fruit at breakfast just doesn't do it for you, have some eggs (an omelet, scrambled, hard boiled, etc). Lunch is as you described it, but you can add all the soup you want (please try some of the soup recipes on the site...go to the "jump to" box at the bottom of this page and click on the little down arrow.  When the menu comes up, click on "soups" and then hit the "go" button. A treasure trove of soup recipes will come up!)  At dinner you can have salad, soup, beans, popcorn, fruit...just no more protein.

I would try our soup recipes before deciding on Campbell's Tomato Soup (it has added sugar, that nasty ingredient that triggers cravings!)  You can eat all you want of whatever you want.  Also, in the beginning, if you do need protein again at dinner, eat that instead of something you have a "taste for" that might get you off track.

The OR popcorn is okay.  I ate that for a year before I started making the air popped corn to which I added my own EVOO (much better than the chemicals they add to the OR) and my own seasoning.  I sometimes ate two whole bags of OR, but I still lost weight!  Hope this helps.  It's nice to have you with us on this journey!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.