HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
SweetRose
Master Member

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by SweetRose »

Thank you for the warm welcome Rodie! *love*

In my first post I asked about theater popcorn; is regular nonbutter popcorn OK? Roger Troy said that he often indulged in popcorn when he and his wife took in a matinee. I just want to be sure this is ok. I don't like taking my own 94% popcorn so it would be great if I could have the regular theater popcorn with no added butter-oil.

Thanks for any information on this! :)

SweetRose
SweetRose
retiredteach

Post by retiredteach »

I am very new to the "Let's Do Lunch". I bought the book and have been on the program 2 days. I am looking forward to feeling better. I saw my doctor last week and she approves of my plan to join you others in feeling better about yourselves. I am grateful this is here to share with one another. Thank you, Retired Teach.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sweet Rose,

In my humble opinion, go for the theater popcorn minus the added butter. It would be one of those once in a while things and probaly a better choice than the sodas or candy. With the cost of taking in a movie and the outrageous cost of the popcorn, most could not affort to do it on a daily basis, LOL.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Oh, just another thought, a sleeve of corn thins in your purse would likely be less cost than the popcorn if you feel you must take something healthier.

Welcome retiredteach, you will definitely feel better on this plan. Just knowing you are feeding your body what God has provided to nourish you, will make you feel better. When the cravings are gone, there is such a feeling of euphoria not being in bondage to cravings and the bottoming out of blood sugar levels that really make you feel bad and send you on an unhealthy feeding frenzy
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

retiredteach wrote:I am very new to the "Let's Do Lunch". I bought the book and have been on the program 2 days. I am looking forward to feeling better. I saw my doctor last week and she approves of my plan to join you others in feeling better about yourselves. I am grateful this is here to share with one another. Thank you, Retired Teach.

Retired Teach,

Welcome to the LDL Community!  We have a wonderful group of people who can attest to this way of eating as THE BEST EVER for losing weight, regaining our health, energy, and self-confidence.  If you have any questions, please ask away on the question topic.  If you have time, look at some of other members food journals and success stories. These topics will demonstrate how and why LDL works.

Vicki
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Retired Teach
Welcome to LDL.  You will love this way of eating and it will make you feel like a new person in no time at all.  Most of us when we first begin were pretty unhealthy but in a short time have become healthy with losing weight. 

There are hundreds of recipes on the boards to help you get startedl.  Do you have your book yet?  If you do remember to read it numerous times so you get it all down. 

If you have time to do the journals it is so much help in keeping us accountable.  Plus, everyone will come along and help you if you are eating things that won't help in weight loss or just encourage you on your journey. 

Remember to eat and eat and eat so you will not be hungry at all.  It also will remove all cravings for any foods that would not be good for your body.  This is an amazing God centered food program that is a life long health benefit.
retiredteach

Post by retiredteach »

Thank you all for the welcome! Yes, I have my book. I am reading it over and over as suggested. I do feel better in just these few days. With the fruit I have not missed the sugar or had the cravings. I was so surprised. This is so wonderful to have others to share with as you work toward feeling better! I'm just getting the hang of using this, but I will get on the journal and post my daily foods I eat. Retired Teach
Last edited by retiredteach on March 17th, 2010, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retiredteach

Post by retiredteach »

Okay, I said earlier I was just learning. So....I went to food journals and saw others journals. But where do I go to begin one? Thank you retired teach
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

While in the journals section, on the right near the top, click new topic. In the subject line, name your journal. then each day when you want to make a new entry, open your journal and click reply
Linda

jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Hopefully this entry will bring the topic to the top of the newest responses.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
Zesti
Master Member

Re: HOW TO START

Post by Zesti »

Hi Everyone,
I am just posting here because I am a Newbie, to the LDL way of eating, posting and to these message boards. As a Newbie, at first all this info was confusing. Clicking everywhere and getting no where.
I reccommend you starting here and just read and read some more.
Click General Questions, pick a subject and start reading. There is so much valuable information here from LDL members, new one's and all the "old" timers. ( not meaning age.. LOL). Some of the post start very early on, way back in 2003 end, and some start 2003 all the way to 2013. you can always scroll to the most current info. I have started from the beginning. Just because I have gotten so much info out of the discussion.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions. Like I said: These folks are the best!!
Enjoy,
Zesti
katjack
New, but learning

Post by katjack »

What are the best store bought salad dressings? Fat free or Lite?
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I think Paul Newman's Own it a good brand to me. Keeping it natural. You still have to read the ingredients though.
The book has suggestions on some brand names. I know a lot of people got into Ranch dressing. I never did, unless is was made from scratch with all the fatty mayo and sour cream. But, even then I asked for it on the side. Now, with any and all dips and sauces I do the same. In a pinch though, I use Paul Newman's for marinating veggies and meat. I always have a bottle in my pantry.
I have come to love just EVOO and lemon juice, so I just make my own.

Chapter 8 really helps me when I do my shopping. I try to buy what is only on the list. When I do buy the real thing ( like Mayo) I use a lot less of it. I look for No sugar added instead of sugar free. Or use pineapple juice to sweeten things up like baked beans.
So much depends on what one's taste buds like. There is just so much to choose from.
I hope this helps.
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I heard if you cook beans in pineapple juice you have sweet Hawaiian music when you toot! =)) Just sayin.....
chewy

Post by chewy »

i think salsa makes a great fat free sugar free salad dressing!que pasa brand and fresh is best brand are delicious!
chewy

Post by chewy »

i hope they are available in the USA. i live in vancouver canada
EstherCarr

Post by EstherCarr »

So NO nuts of any kind are allowed?