HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
LovinLDL

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by LovinLDL »

Lifegoeson,

Maybe you could tell us some of the types of things your family likes to eat and we could help convert those or provide even tastier alternatives to try?  I agree with RT, don't tell them it's diet food....it isn't really...tell them it is your latest gourmet meal (many of Mary's recipes are better than very expensive meals I've eaten out). 

Welcome aboard the train to skinnytown :thumbsup:

Blessings,
Julie
Lorena46

Post by Lorena46 »

The bread I eat does not have white flour. So is it o.k.?
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Lorena,

Please don't eat any bread until you are familiar with Let's Do Lunch.  You will sabatoge your efforts from the git-go if you do. Your body treats enriched flour and processed flour the same way it processes sugar and your blood sugars will spike and you will be hungry all the time.  Eat a big bowl of corn or corn and beans mixed together.  That will satisfy your need for bread and won't spike your blood sugar.  Keep asking questions and God bless you.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

WELCOME LIFEGOESON AND LORENA!!!

SO GLAD YOU ARE HERE...YOU WILL SO LOVE LDL!

Doreen  :kissed:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hey Roger - Just curious what a typical day's menu is like for you now.  You have shared what some of your favorite dishes are, but how do you work them into your meal plan for the entire day?  I know you don't have to plan your meals, or keep a food journal since LDL is second nature to you, but I think everyone would be interested in knowing how and what you eat now in an average day.

Just being nosy ... er (ahem) ... learning at the feet of the master  :D
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Crave

Post by Crave »

Hi, i am new to the program.  doing it for my husband, it was as though you wrote the book about himself.  This was of eating is not much different that how I eat normally with the exception of the bread, pasta and potatoes.  I am confused on some things.  I know you say no sugar, however some of the recipes like Oragne cranberry chicken... the cranberries and oranges have lot of sugar in them. Another example is the store bought bean salad.  I cannot find any with out sugar I know you talked about buying it from the deli.  Please, help me understand this.

Another area I am having a hard time..is the popcorn.  I want to help my husband be very successful.  We all love popcorn and prefer it made on the stopve with some oil. No butter at all.  Is this okay?  It is best to stick with microwave or airpopped?

I appreciate any advice you have.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hey Crave,

Welcome aboard to both you and your husband.  The unprocessed sugar in fruit is perfectly fine...you should eat lots and lots of fruit especially at first until the sugar cravings go away. 

Also, popcorn cooked on the stove in a bit of OO then salted is exactly how we used to do it.  We now have an air popper ($20 from Walmart) which is much easier and tastes about the same with OO sprayed on as pops into bowl (we do it this way because heating OO to a high temp. is not suppose to be healthy)

Blessings,
Julie
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

I am thinking Neets might make his 4-bean salad but if you get the storebought and drain the gook out I think it's fine.

RT, your salad sounds very yummy and I don't know who has it better you or Mary's husband with your wives cooking so well for you...it is a bit humbling...yet inspiring too.

Blessings,
Julie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks for the insight into what I have to look forward to, Roger!  It's hard to understand how you manage to fit all that lunch into your "Skinnytown" body! :cool: :thumbsup:

Except for skipping breakfast, how do you feel your daily food intake differs from what the rest of us should be doing?

Gratefully, YOUR friend for life,
Gwen
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

It is very encouraging to read what you wrote.  On different weight loss diets in the past, while acknowledging the need to adopt a healthy eating plan as a way of life, when I looked forward to the future, I always mourned the things I was never going to be able to eat again for my entire life.

Seeing you so happy and fulfilled, eating as much as you want of every healthy food, gives me hope and confidence that I really WILL do this for life.

Thanks again for sharing, Roger. 

Hugs to you & family -- Gwen
ImageImage
ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

I am having trouble with eating just fruits in the morning for breakfast....1) i am still hungry after eating a banana and an apple and 2) it actually makes my stomach feel funny..it does not hurt per say it just does not feel right.  any suggestions on this?

My step dad has lost 20 pds since i introduced him to LDL..
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Ladyhawke21,

Try adding some eggs or a bowl of shredded wheat w/ skim milk ocassionally.  If you eat that with the fruit, you may be able to add more fruit and less eggs and cereal. LDL is really very flexible and you can adapt it to your own personal preferences. Alternate eggs one morning, cereal the next and fruit the next. If you need to read the book again to brush up on allowed foods, you might want to do that. God bless your journey.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

Hi Ladyhawke,

I agree with Pat.  I scramble eggs and add black beans or refried beans and sugar free salsa or diced tomatoes for breakfast if I am really hungry.  If you are new to the program then for the first few weeks you may need to have the eggs for breakfast, just try adding beans or corn or peas to also help fill you up and keep you full.  Or try eating more than just one banana and one apple, you are supposed to eat until you are full.  Try a smoothie with beans.  Eventually you will get to the point where your serving sizes start getting smaller, but don't restrict yourself at the beginning.  I am just now starting to notice my serving sizes go smaller and I have been on the plan for 2 months.

Stick with it, the plan will work.

--Jill
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!