HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
ladyhawk21

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by ladyhawk21 »

I guess i need to go back and read the book again- i thought i had to give up my eggs, cereals-oats skim milk (dairy).  normally i would have 2 pcs of toast with a little peanut butter and 1 apple. 

my step dad is only fruits/veggies and lean meats for lunch with fruits for supper.  as i said i have to have something else beside fruits and it is just to rough on my stomach.. will try again after i re-read my book
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Good for you, wanting to read the book again!! That means you're really serious.  Those that don't care would just "wing it"! Have a bean and fruit smoothie, or slice a banana on your cereal.  Remember, use only skim milk and only enough to get the cereal down easily. I'd skip the PB for now.  I love PB, but it doesn't love an LDLer and will do all it can to sabotage your efforts.  Hang in there!  You're going to do just fine.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

ladyhawk21

Post by ladyhawk21 »

My step dad has done a great job over the past 2 months he is now down to 188lbs!!!  My mom restarted it, the first time she tried it she had few problems with having to go to the bathroom a lot.  So well see.  i had 1/2 apple a banana, boiled egg and some peaches this morning. 
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

It's a real inspiration when we see those around us succeed.  This shows us that LDL really does work. I knew when I started that it had taken me years to put the weight on and it wasn't going to take me only weeks to get it off.  I went in with my eyes oped and that has been half the battle for me.  I'm glad you're sticking with it, Ladyhawk! Soo many people have succeeded on LDL and you can too.  Hooray for your stepdad. After you've been on LDL for a while, trips to the bathroom become more regular, if you'll forgive the pun.  Good breakfast!! Keep it up.

Pat
Last edited by patsyfay on March 23rd, 2009, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Harriett
New, but learning

Post by Harriett »

I am waiting for the book but have been reading the e-mails You mention Smoothies do you use milk[skim]?I often use unsweetened almond breezeI have lost 135 llbs
Lately over the last year I have gained over 20llbs so want to get this of & have a plan I can live withThanks for your help
Blessings Harriett Hope this works as it is the first time I have posted.
docdavem

Post by docdavem »

I just started this past week got a long way to go
skhnanny

Post by skhnanny »

What about lean cusine dinners? Can you eat those for all 3 meals of the day and then fruit in between?

Tori wrote:If you don't have the book yet, here are a few great guidelines, as outlined by our wonderful brother, Tom:

Basically the big NO NO’s are:
Breads, grains, nuts, seeds, starches (this includes: breaded foods, dextrose, gluten, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.), sugar

What you are permitted:
Beans: Great source of protein (especially eaten in conjunction with corn - makes a complete protein)

Fruit (either alone or as a smoothie)

Meats: meats, chicken (skin removed), fish – should be eaten only at lunch, however there are exceptions.

Vegetables

You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL (not STUFFED).

Your meals should consist of the following:

Breakfast and Supper: should consist of only beans, fruits and vegetables (there are exceptions). .

Lunch: is where you eat your (lean) meat protein, along with your beans/fruits/vegetables (there are exceptions).

DO NOT SNACK IN BETWEEN MEALS. However, if you find yourself hungry (during the day or night time), then eat fresh fruit, allowed vegetables, popcorn. Remember, in the beginning it's important to eat as often as you can and as much as you want UNTIL YOU ARE FULL .

Remember, just because a food or drink is "fat-free & sugar-free" or "low-calorie" does not necessarily mean non-fattening. Lots of low-calorie foods have very fattening ingredients in them; likewise, lots of sugar-free foods have very fattening ingredients in them, and lots of fat-free foods have regular sugar in them (very fattening).  Always remember that it's not "calories in, calories out", but it's "ingredients in, ingredients out".

As Roger Troy has said many time: You need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the non-fattening starchy carb recipes. Seems the body can't tell the difference between a non-fattening starchy carbs and a fattening starchy carbs . When you eat the non-fattening starchy carbs you eliminate your cravings for the fattening starchy carbs.

He also states: You also need to eat as often as you can and as much as you want of all the sweetest fresh fruits (or fruit smoothies) until your body just doesn't crave the sweets anymore. Once again the body can't tell the difference between fruit and/or regular sugar, so when you eat the fruit sugars it eliminates your cravings for the regular sugar foods.

You'll see - once you start eating as much as you want, when you want, you’ll soon find you’ll be too full for cravings. And after awhile, your body will start to crave the suitable (substitute) foodies.
skhnanny

Post by skhnanny »

Can you just eat lean cusine meals for the 3 meals of the day and then fruit in between?
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

skhnanny,
Absolutely not!!!!  First off you wouldnt be wanting to eat processed ready made meals instead of LDL food choices and 2nd your goal is protein at lunch only.  Lean Cuisine is a portioned controlled meal and there is no portion control on LDL.  You let your body determine how much food is enough for you.  If its convenience you are looking for then you have come to the right place.  LDL is fast and easy to make and even the soups are almost as easy as opening a can of progresso but so much healthier for you.  Plus once you have that big pot of soup made just portion it out into containers and freeze and you will have a meal that far surpassed your Lean Cuisine meal at a fraction of the cost too!!!!
LOve and God Bless
Debbie
P.S.  Im a Nanny too and the kids I watch LOVE LDL FOOD!!!!
skhnanny

Post by skhnanny »

Thanks for the info. I am gonna order my book this weekend. The cards that comes with the book have recipes for all day, right?
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

The recipe cards have recipes in all categories and there are many more in the book:  Main dishes, soups, salads, appetizers, & I think beverages and more.  I don't have mine right in front of me.  The book has 14 days worth of suggested menus if you need help planning your meals in advance and creating a shopping list.

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
skhnanny

Post by skhnanny »

Thanks so very much. I got the First magazine and read the article. That's what got me started. I have been on diets that just fluxuate. I am not getting any younger...lol...I have to loose 40 lbs.
natalieks

Post by natalieks »

:rolleyes:  I have never posted anything any where, but I am very interested in the lets do lunch way of eating.  I have not purchased a book yet because I don't understand the difference between the blue book and the red book.  If i'm just getting started, which book is best?  about 4 years ago i lost 100 lbs on my own, doing nothing but cutting way back on my portions and i began walking.  I have gained back 20lbs and for some reason i am finding it terrifically difficult to get these 20 lbs. back off!!  I am looking forward to starting this program - I would just like to know which book is best for me for starters? 
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Natalie, they are all the same book.  Roger has a very limited number of blue books with the newest updates as a separate documents.  The laminated recipe cards are free and come with either book if you order through this website.  The red book incorporates all the updates.

Be sure to specify which book you want when you order and tell Roger to whom you want it personalized.

This will help you get started until your book arrives: 

The portions depicted by the magazine staff are very small, and we really aren't supposed to be eating bread products at all.  We satisfy those cravings with peas, beans, corn, popcorn, and Best Foods Original (flavor) Corn Thins.  Here's a picture of what they look like & a place to buy them if you can't find them in the grocery or health food store:  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 727#p42727

We are supposed to eat until FULL at all three meals to enable us to avoid wanting to snack.  But don't be confused.  That is only for people well established on Let's Do Lunch who have their blood sugar stabilized & all cravings under control.

When you're first starting out, you are supposed to eat until full of ALL the Let's Do Lunch foods to satisfy and any and all cravings - as much as you want, as often as you want.  Unbelieveable, no?  But it's true.

This link will help you get started deciding what and when to eat.  Please review the recipe boards, too to help you formulate a shopping list to customize a menu that you will love!

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 9753#p9753

Any more question, please ask!

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
rutho

Post by rutho »

Rodger, I don't have your book yet but it's on the way.  Can you have fat free milk?  What about sugar free lifesaver candy?  Thanks, Rutho
makinitmyway

Post by makinitmyway »

I ordered the book yesterday or Saturday night off your website. Can you tell me when it will be shipped? Thanks!
cybersecretary

Post by cybersecretary »

makinitmyway wrote:I ordered the book yesterday or Saturday night off your website. Can you tell me when it will be shipped? Thanks!

Yeh, me too, I want to get started, when will the book arrive?
:)