HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
honeyg
New, but learning

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by honeyg »

Pat,

Thanks for your help....I'm going to check out the soup recipes...one more question...you said I could have beens with dinner but no more protein...doesn't beans have protein? If I'm Hungry or have cravings during the day...or with me its mostly at night) can I also have as much fruit as I want?
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Honeyg,

Beans can be eaten anytime. I used to open a can of refried beans and eat right out of the can. (I got to them quick so I wouldn't be tempted to eat anything I shouldn't!) When you first start LDL, you are to eat all you want of whatever you want anytime you are hungry. Don't stop and ask yourself, "Can I have this now?"  If its on the LDL list you can have it! This includes fruit...whenever you want as much as you want.

Yes, beans are a protein, but your body processes them much quicker than meat proteins. Roger feels its much better for our bodies to eat lean meat only at lunch because by the time we go to bed its already moving through.  If we eat it at dinner it will just lay in our stomachs overnight.

I hope this helps you, Honeyg.  I'm excited for you.  You're going to love LDL!  God bless your journey.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Roger, thanks for the briefing and Tcasola, thanks for the synopsis. These are very helpful, especially for those of us waiting for our book.  I agree, this information should be kept at the top of the page. It's very helpful for us "newbies".  Eljayne
MEMiller

Post by MEMiller »

I read about LDL in a magazine and started doing it as well as I could with what the article entailed and I am already not ever really hungry.  I just ordered my book last night and am anxiously awaiting it but somewhere in one of the message boards I saw that diet coke is not okay, can anyone tell me the reason for that.  It may be my downfall.
Thanks
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

MEMiller wrote: in one of the message boards I saw that diet coke is not okay, can anyone tell me the reason for that. 

it's not that you CAN'T have it.......i go through jags where i drink coke zero..........it's just that, #1..the artifical sweeteners aren't healthy, #2..they might affect your blood sugars adversely....way before i ever heard of let's do lunch, i stopped drinking diet soda because i told myself,"i'm not ANY thinner drinking diet soda...i might as well drink the real thing."
so, you can drink diet soda...it's your call............. 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
docsal
New, but learning

Post by docsal »

hi everyone, i have a question. how do i get one of those nice looking ticker tapes at the bottom of the posts that keeps track of my weight loss progression? I hope to add a few photos soon too. having a good day. hope you are too... sal
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

docsal wrote:hi everyone, i have a question. how do i get one of those nice looking ticker tapes at the bottom of the posts that keeps track of my weight loss progression?

someone'll answer this...i don't remember how i did it....debbie or gwen.....i'm not sure who else can tell you...stay tuned...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Hey, Sal,

You can click on almost anyone's ticker that will take you to Ticker Factory, or go to www.tickerfactory.com.

When you're there, you'll want to click on Weight Loss...a little way down the left hand column.  Then go through the steps...pick a border/line thingy...there are pages of them. Then pick the little doodad that moves.

Fill in your weight, your goal, choose if you want to display weight or just how much lost....and if you want, height for BMI.  If you fill in the date, then it will keep track of each change and graph it for you when you go to update. 

You make up your own PIN...can be a word, or numbers....then it will show you your finished product, and there will be codes in boxes.  The one you want is the BB code, for Bulletin Board....highlight all the text in the box, then copy it.

Here on this board, go to Profile, then Forum Profile Information, and paste the code into your signature box.  Make sure you save/change  and that's it.

Before you leave the Ticker Factory, bookmark the page with your finished ticker, so you can go back and edit.  When you edit, it will automatically change the ticker on LDL.
mfa170

Post by mfa170 »

Hello everyone, 

I am totally thrilled to be posting on the Let's Do Lunch site and have a few questions I am hoping you all can help me with.  I have read the red book and received the free recipe cards with my order (thank you) and am slightly confused.  There are a few recipes that I noticed used  potatoes in them and in reading the book it seemed that potatoes were not something suggested.  Also I am reading that you are to eat your breakfast, then lunch and dinner without snacking in between, yet in reading the article in First magazine it seemed to suggest that you could eat between meals...help clarify for me.  Thank you. :rolleyes:

Blessings,
Mary
Blessings,

Mary

kristine13826
New, but learning

Post by kristine13826 »

I have one question? How come nobody ever told me about this? Hello to every one here. I have been struggling with my weight ever since I hit middle age at around age 38. Nothing has worked . I have been on every diet known to mankind. The high protein low carbohydrate diet the low protein hi carbohydrate diet, martin katahns t factor diet, suzanne somers diet, the atkins diet, south beach, the apple diet , the grapefruit diet.............sigh   so I finally bought this book called Let's Do Lunch. Please pray for me because I have diabetes, meniers disease and high blood pressure.  I don't think I can take one more failure. :'(    I just want to be a success just once in my life time.

Krissy

Last edited by kristine13826 on June 21st, 2009, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

mfa170 wrote: There are a few recipes that I noticed used  potatoes in them and in reading the book it seemed that potatoes were not something suggested.  Also I am reading that you are to eat your breakfast, then lunch and dinner without snacking in between, yet in reading the article in First magazine it seemed to suggest that you could eat between meals...help clarify for me.  Thank you. :rolleyes:

mary..ignore those recipes with potatoes....
and, you CAN snack....but, the point is to eat until you're full at each meal so that you don't WANT to snack....the reason is that every time you eat, your blood sugars fluctuate, so that if you want to stabilize them to get rid of cravings, you have to eat until full so that you're not eating too often.....even eating the allowable foods too often, will keep you from attaining your goal of being craving free...
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

kristine13826 wrote:I don't think I can take one more failure. :'(    I just want to be a success just once in my life time.

you're in the right place........eat until you're full, stay on plan and watch yourself shrink................niki
karenrogers

Post by karenrogers »

I have just finished the book.  It was my understanding that you only ate protein at one meal, usually lunch, but I see on some of the food journals that eggs were eaten for breakfast. Is this ok?

Thanks,
Karen
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

karenrogers wrote:I have just finished the book.  It was my understanding that you only ate protein at one meal, usually lunch, but I see on some of the food journals that eggs were eaten for breakfast. Is this ok?

when i first started let's do lunch 3 1/2 years ago, the book said that eggs were considered to be in the same category as meat, chicken and fish....since then, roger has said eggs could be eaten at other meals, also.....i, personally, like to eat a complete fruit meal to start my day.....i have an underactive thyroid and i need all the energy i can get to start off my day.....
karenrogers

Post by karenrogers »

Thanks for the reply.
I do ALOT better with some protein for breakfast.
I think I will try a boiled egg with my fruit smoothie.
mfa170

Post by mfa170 »

Niki,

Thank you so much for the reply, it helps to have some of the things clarified by someone who has been using the program.  I have enjoyed both my first and second day and feel calm which is not a normal when I begin a "diet"  I really feel this is a life changing moment and sure am glad I picked up that First Magazine, what a blessing.

The Lord is Good to Me and so I thank the Lord  :kissed:

Mary
Blessings,

Mary

ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Hi,
i am new to LDL. Just borrowed the book from my sis . It really sounds great so far but i have a problem finding the most of the ingredients that i need in the recipes.
Here in Germany you almost get nothing Fat-free. And if you get something fat free  than it's is loaded with sugar..Is there anyway that the book is going to be revised for the European market ?????