HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Hobbes23

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by Hobbes23 »

Anyone want to call me or leave me an e-mail about Let's Do Lunch within a day or so? I'm writing a newspaper story about it and I want comments from Let's-do-lunchers!
Amy
The News-Press
239-390-1021
asowder@news-press.com
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Good to have ALL you Newbies here with the rest of us...I have lost all my weight and I don't plan on ever eating any other way...I am never hungry because I eat until full or sometimes stuffed...I eat snacks whenever if I want... anytime all day as Dr. Oz says to do to boost your metabolism...I started LDL probably about 2 years ago and lost my weight but started eating corn thins and they made me crave other things ( just me) and I gained just a little weight so I took my name off the boards and started South Beach for awhile...I did lose the 2-3 pounds I had gained but I did not feel South Beach Diet was healthy with all the turkey bacon and eggs... So when I got back from vacation about 6 weeks ago I decided to go back to LDL... (came back on the boards) I love my fruit smoothies,popcorn (doesn't slow my weight) and veggies... I started losing weight and I am below my goal and still losing...My goal was 133lbs...I weighed yesterday and now I am down to 129lbs...I am 5"7' 1/2 so I guess my body is not done losing....

God Bless You
Preachwife
dinker

Post by dinker »

I just got the book yesterday.  I am hoping this isn't just another time I've spent money and not lost weight.  I HAVE to loose weight to save my marriage. I tried loosing weight for my sons wedding and only lost 10 lbs.  I don't eat because I'm hungry.  I eat because I'm depressed, bored, etc.
Can anyone give me any suggestions for getting started on a road to success?  How do you blend doing this with your family.  My husband and I can't have lunch together so how do we have dinner together?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVNzKsO/]
Image"Nobody gets to live life backward. Look ahead, that is where your future lies."
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

dkneram wrote:Can anyone give me any suggestions for getting started on a road to success?  How do you blend doing this with your family.  My husband and I can't have lunch together so how do we have dinner together?

hi,d...........the 2 most important things for let's do lunch to work is to eat the allowable foods and to eat until you're full so that you minimize snacking....do those 2 things and you'll have it made.....
fit the foods around your life style and your likes and dislikes.....tweak it where you need to to make it fit because this is FOR LIFE......it's a wonderful way to eat and for me, as a junk food addict, it's the ONLY way i can manage to eat healthily AND happily...........
i look forward to reading about your success........sincerely, niki
ps....eat lots of beans........i'm ALSO the bean queen.....soak them overnight, rinse them off and cook them for 5-10 minutes...rinse them again and then cook...overcook them in the beginning, eat lentils or pureed soups until your body adjusts and is better able to digest them......
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
msscote

Post by msscote »

I tryed to reach the phone number you gave for the Morton's Sausage and Meatball seasoning and the phone number has been disconnected. Would you provide us with a phone number that is a working one so that we may order the seasoning?

Thank you,

msscote
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

dkneram wrote:I don't eat because I'm hungry.  I eat because I'm depressed, bored, etc.  Can anyone give me any suggestions for getting started on a road to success?

I have to tell you this - I'm sure it was from Roger Troy - "Do I want to eat something that made me fat or do I want to lose weight?"  This has helped me SO many times when temptation strikes!
Last edited by Anonymous on October 31st, 2009, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfmother

Post by Wolfmother »

I have ordered the book and just waiting for it to come in.  My one question though is how do I eat until full when I have never been able to tell when that is?
Debbie

gibdonnalee

Post by gibdonnalee »

Hi, I was just told about LDL by an internet friend. I have been on a low/no carb diet for about 8 months now and lost 20 lbs. However, I am at a standstill. This diet sounds like something I can do well with. I will be purchasing the book. Also, I'll be getting back to my online buddy to help me on a day to day basis.
Wish me luck!
Donna
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

donna
Welcome on board!  You will do wonderful on this way of eating.  For years I did the low carb diet on again, off again.  and would end up gaining what I lost back and usually more then I lost.  With LDL I am totally satisfied with the food and it has taken my craving away for all the wrong foods.  In fact last night I made a big pot of Taco Soup and I am looking forward to having it for lunch.  For breakfast I had a watermelon, orange and banana smoothie and it filled me up. 

In the 2 months I have been on LDL I have lost 30 lbs and my husband 14 lbs.  On diets my husband would try them with me and usually not even make it a week before feeling so deprived he would jump ship.  I would grit my teeth and stay for longer but never long enough to lose my weight.  This truely is not a diet but a life style that is totally fulfilling.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Donna, it is the best.  I have never felt deprived on LDL.  Welcome to the boards, I will watch your progress. :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Hi Donna!

I was shocked to see you on here, but oh so happy!  YOU will absolutely LOVE this way of eating,,,, we are about to eat  blackberry balsamic glazed pork tenderlon and lots of roasted veggies....

Welcome aboard the train to skinny town!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Donna- Welcome to let's Do Lunch.  I think you will really enjoy the freedom after doing low-carb!  Pam
bingo

Post by bingo »

hello,,,,,first time on here,,,have been doing very well  with this woe !!!!!  :thumbsup:
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Greetings to the Let's Do Lunch gang!

I am a newbie here and I have to tell you that I'm so excited to be posting on these boards. I had been without a computer for several months ( it caught a bad virus and stayed "sick" until I could have it fixed) so I read your posts at work but could not reply. Now that my home computer is operational again I couldn't wait to join you all.

I started the Let's Do Lunch diet in May. In exactly 8 weeks I dropped 28 pounds. Another 10 lbs. lost between July and November.  I still have about 30 to go. I've mostly maintained for several months but am now ready to jump on the bandwagon again. Let's Do Lunch is the best plan there is. Like most of you, I've tried them all. I do have to practice control when it comes to chocolate, though.

I would like to let you know that I think that you are all very compassionate and helpful in giving advice to one another. It's almost like a big family that I've come to know these past few months. :)

I do have a burning question that maybe Mr. Roger Troy Wilson can answer: in your book you said that you often ate popcorn when you and your wife would take in an afternoon movie. Was this regular theater popcorn without any added butter-type oil? What size bag did you usually get? The reason I ask is I sometimes take a bag of 94% microwaved popcorn in my big purse. Along with olive oil spray and canned parmesan cheese. (Can be messy) Also, the theater manager would probably frown on this if he knew!  *evil* Besides, it would be easier just to get the regular kind if that's allowed.

I have made up a few allowable recipes that have helped me to lose (and maintain) my weight so far. Really simple ones that I'll be glad to share.

Thank you Roger and all of you nice people. I'm happy to meet you all.

SweetRose
SweetRose
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I also take my own popcorn in my purse... but I put everything on it at home and put it in a baggie.  Hubby always gets snacks from the concession but I just quietly eat my popcorn..
Recently there was an article in our paper that if you got caught bringing snacks into the movie theater they would ask you to leave....I would buy there popcprn IF they had a healthier version.  I do think they use a better oil now though.
Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I took the 94% FF popcorn once in the bag I had popped it in. Won't do that again. That paper bag was just too noisy. Now I put it a ziplock baggie.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.