WHY "LET'S DO LUNCH" WORKS

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
casiedenman
New, but learning

Re: WHY "LET'S DO LUNCH" WORKS

Post by casiedenman »

HI Roger.. how do I ask a new questions without doing a reply? And how do I start a food journal..
for the sole purpose of someone telling me im doing correctly or not.
thank you so much for your help.C~
Azangel

Re: WHY "LET'S DO LUNCH" ?

Post by Azangel »

Hello all.  I've been on the diet a month and have fallen off the wagon more than once.....I'm in my mid thirties and have two active girls to keep up with but either I'm not ready to do this or I don't care.....But i would like to be healthier for myself but more importantly for my kids.  My mother just had the lap band done, and my dad is doing this diet so we've all struggled with weight.  I really need some motivation to keep going with this, before my health becomes an issue.  Thanks!  God Bless! *love*
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Azangel please don't think of LDL as a DIEt, think of it as a life style change, because when you get this way of eating down, you will love eating this way for the rest of your life.  There is no diet I know of that lets you eat till your FULL, of fruits, beans, meats, vegetables and smoothies.  for breakfast eat all the fresh fruits you want, and if you find your still hungry then add beans or meatless soups, eat your main meal at lunch which is your meats. and then fruits at night, believe me it does not take long before all the cravings are gone, and you start to drop your weight.  If you have your book read chapters 2-6 several times, for each time you will see some thing you missed.  and read all the post of others who have been where you are now, but or now only a few pounds from their goal.  But you do have to MAKE UP YOUR MIND, to stick with this, cause if you don't want to do this you won't.  But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord and eat the LDL way.  Hope this helps you make up your mine to do LDL, by the way I have been doing LDL 2 months and lost 27 lbs, just doing what Roger said in his book and by the help of people on this board, and it was so easy.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

I am on day 4 today and i can so tell a difference on how i feel.. im starting to feel wonderful.. i havnt had any cravings for chocolate.. that was my big weakness.. Thank you so much roger for being such an inspiration to me and my family!!!  :D
Katie

James
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Azangel!

Many families here are doing LDL together. My hubby doesn't need to lose weight, but he enjoys the LDL foods I cook, and adds whatever else he needs to eat. It is keeping him healthy and giving him the energy he needs to keep up with a crazy work schedule right now.

Think about your girls. Wouldn't you like to teach them about a wonderfully easy, healthy lifestyle that will totally prevent them from ever having to worry about dieting, losing weight, or getting fat and having surgeries or "procedures" done to correct the problem!

You are right, though. Until you totally embrace with your mind that this is what you want to do for YOU, it won't stick. Think about what you tell yourself. Do you deserve to be slim and healthy? Do you deserve to be more beautiful outside (we all know you're already beautiful inside)? Are you hiding old hurts and scars beneath the fat? We've all been there -- and often still do battle with these thoughts. But once you decide that you ARE worth it, and you DO want to do this for you, and you DO want to help your girls grow up to avoid the same pitfalls, this is the easiest plan on the planet. It has total success built right into it. Concentrate on eating the foods, as outlined in the book, that will kill the cravings, and you will start to see the weight fall away, never to be seen again!

God bless on the journey!
Terri
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Gwennaford wrote:Roger, is anyone doing scientific research regarding the health benefits of Let's Do LunchTM??  In my humble opinion, (whatever that is worth) it is only a matter of time until your program breaks out as a MAJOR force in health care.

While researching the effects of diet on pain and inflammation, I ran across some important information (to me) that could help explain why "Let's do Lunch" works so well -- not only to promote weight loss, but to reduce or alleviate pain, AND contribute to all the other positive health benefits that LDL'ers are reporting since starting the program. 

The following web page addresses how foods either increase or reduce pain and inflammation

Highlights of the diet article sound like it was written with LDL in mind!  Following is an excerpt:

Humans are genetically adapted to eat fruits, vegetables, fish, fowl, meat, and small amounts of raw nuts. Consider also that there are no chronic diseases caused by eating these foods. No matter what disease you may suffer from, none of these foods must be eliminated from the diet. The same cannot be said for grains in particular. In a nutshell, grains contain several potentially problematic substances, such as gluten, lectin, and phytates, and they promote an inflammatory acidic pH, and disrupt proper blood sugar regulation.

Part 1: The Inflammation Checklist
How many inflammation factors apply to you?
· I have chronic aches and pains, such as back pain, neck pain, headaches, or general muscle and/or joint soreness.
· I regularly take anti-inflammatory or anti-pain medications, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, or Tylenol®, or a similar prescription drug.
· I regularly eat grains and grain products, such as white bread, whole wheat bread, pasta, cereal, pretzels, crackers, and/or any other product made with grains or flours from grains, which includes most desserts and packaged snacks.
· I regularly eat refined sugar (including desserts, sodas, sweetened drinks, etc.).
· I regularly eat partially hydrogenated oils (trans fats) found in most margarines, deep fried foods (French fries, etc.) and most all packaged foods.
· I regularly eat corn oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, and foods made with these oils such as mayonnaise, tarter sauce, margarine, and nearly all salad dressings.
· I regularly eat cheese in more than condiment size portions.
· I regularly consume soy or soy products, or eat them in place of fruits and vegetables.
· I regularly drink or eat dairy products.
· I regularly eat meat and eggs from grain-fed animals (regular supermarket brands).
· I am overweight and/or it is hard for me to lose weight/fat.
· I can grab too much fat around my waist.
· I am physically lethargic.
· I do not exercise regularly.
· I do not feel well when I exercise or if I exercise a little more than I should, it is hard to recover.
· I am mentally lethargic and feel rundown and depressed more than I would like.
· I look old and/or feel old for my age.
· My skin looks old and is sagging.
· I am prone to cold, allergy, and flu symptoms.
· I am a smoker.
· I suffer from one or more of the following: arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, sinusitis, allergies, acne, asthma, digestive conditions, flu symptoms, dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, hypertension, depression, the insulin resistance syndrome (pre-diabetes), or diabetes.
· BMI (Body Mass Index) [Determine BMI at http://nhlbisupport.com/bmi/]
Underweight = <18.5; Normal weight = 18.5-24.9; Overweight = 25-29.9; Obesity = 30 or greater

Sincere regards from your new biggest fan,
Gwen

well this is interesting I went to do a search on anti inflamatory diet and this is what I come up with  it would seem to me there are many different opinions out there no?  and I do have the greatest respect for Dr Andrew Weil

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02995/Dr ... ramid.html
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Hi All,
I have been wintering in Spain and have missed you all so much.  Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place but I wanted to say that LDL is fabulous the world over.......................... I was able to buy the LDL food there no probs.  I can't say I did it 100% but I continued to lose weight.  Thank you..................
Now I am back home and looking forward to some great food again, cos that is what it is - great food!!!!! (Let's not forget that )  At the beginning I was worried that my hubby and family would be put off by my 'diet' but no.............far from  it quite the opposite.  Never thought I'd be into soups and beans quite so much but there you go.....................Thanks to all of you on LDL.............So missed your blog but now I'm back and will be watching daily........... You are all such an inspiration.

PS ............. I bought a Spirluna and it is one of the best things ever....What a difference it makes.
Blessings to all.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome back Scotsgal- Wintering in Spain sounds awesome.  Congratulations on staying on LDL.  Pam
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Thanks Pam for your comments.  Yes we have a good time living there.  Where we are is quite undeveloped as yet and the food is so good.  Only thing is ............ I have to restrict myself when it comes to the bread and olives..........sometimes that can be hard and the Tortilla con patatas is not so good re LDL either but the Spanish are into eating at lunchtime in a big way so that was good for me.  It takes me a day or two to unwind and it is my hubby's 65th birthday tomorrow so I think I'll be deviating yet again.  Roll on Sunday..................I feel so good on LDL and the clothes are beginning to need replacing..........Yes!!! I have dropped a dress size!!!!! estupendo!!!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Scotsgal wrote:
PS ............. I bought a Spirluna and it is one of the best things ever....What a difference it makes.
Blessings to all.

What is a Spirluna? When I did a search all I came up with was a supplement.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Hi All,  Sorry I confused myself.  I take spirulina every morning with my smoothie.  It is a blue/green algae that can be found in the world's oceans and lakes. It is  rich in Amino Acids, Vitamins and Minerals and is a source of plant enzymes. It is completely natural.  However I was not talking about that.  I bought a SPIRALIZER.  It is a spiral cutter.  It can cut vegetables into thin spirals or spaghetti. I use it with zuchini and carrots for my 'bolognese sauce.'  A great gadget.  I don't feel that I am losing out when everyone else has pasta. it's also great for salads.  Everything looks so delicious and professional. 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

LINDA RN,

Spirulina is best taken with chlorella.

CQ
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Yes Chlorella is so good for us too.  I must remember to add this as well. Thanks Linda for reminding us. 

Used the spirulizer tonight- had 'spaghetti alias zucchini and carrots'  with meatballs.  Absolutely wonderful.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks for clarifying. I thought is was a new fandangled exercise machine, LOL
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

:laughing: Thanks for the laugh!
I have never heard of this either!
:)
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Now I'm thinking that I need a spirulizer!!! *love* *hug* :inlove: :rose: :D  Pam
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Pam,

Sorry again...................it's a Spiralizer................ My fault!  Anyway it's fab.  Check it out.  What about the Nicer Dicer?  Any comments?  (Wish I could buy slim..)
nogluten

Post by nogluten »

I just read through the book.  Wonderful tips for eating healthy! I am looking forward to trying many recipes.
If you have ugly moles or warts...this stuff works...see my profile for info