TO ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Tori

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ

Post by Tori »

Roger, would you mind please expanding on this? I'm sure a lot of people are wondering, even if they haven't posted, why it is not ok to share websites or personal interest websites anymore?
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Is it okay to share websites or products that the individual does not have a vested interest in? Thanks Tori for bringing this up I was a little confused myself.
Debbie
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks for clearing this up Roger.  I think I understand now.  You  just dont want anyone sending someone to a website for example that they sell vitamins from or exercise gadgets or something similar like to where they can profit.  Makes sense.  Thanks Again. Debbie
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

OK, so we can share things that are beneficial for LDL (like where to go to get corn thins/order them, get the applegate farms hot dogs) RIGHT?! I just want to be sure I understand completetly! I think that's basically what's being said. Thanks!
Veronica
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I'm really glad all this discussion is occuring because I didn't 'get it'. But now I thnik I do.
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

So does this mean that if I create a website with some recipes on it that I like that are LDL friendly, I shouldn't share it?

I thought the profile page asked for website, which I assumed meant personal homepage.  Should personal homepages not be shared?

Just trying to clarify things in my own mind,
Michele
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

Just to clarify then, if I posted a recipe that wasn't acceptable, I would be notified via private message and asked to remove it? 

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I was confused about what was being meant. I gathered if I was selling something or profitted by someone going to my website it would be unacceptable to post but I just was a bit confused by other possibilities.

I'm not very creative in my recipes. The biggest thing I do is modify some of our old recipes to make it LDL friendly and I figure MOST of those are common sense and don't need to be shared.  Consequently, I [glow=red,2,300]really[/glow] appreciate all of you that are creative.

Thanks for all of YOUR recipes, Mary.

God Bless,
Michele
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Just to clarify then, if I posted a recipe that wasn't acceptable, I would be notified via private message and asked to remove it?

Possibly: I could see Roger, Mary and some others sending you a private note stating what you posted is not LDL approved – however most of the time, another LDL family member will post as a reply within the message (recipe).  A reason this is done isn’t meant to be callous, but to explain to the poster (and other members) which “ingredient” isn’t LDL approved. 
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
nerak
New, but learning

Post by nerak »

Hello.......remember, if you take cholesterol medicine like Zocor or Lipidor, you are not supposed to eat grapefruit.  I asked my doctor, who is a cardiologist, and he said if you take the medicine at night and eat grapefruit in the AM you would be OK.  I called my pharmacist and he said if you have the grapefruit in your system the Zocor would not be absorbed into your system, it would just float around in your bloodstream......so be careful about eating a lot of grapefruit and taking cholesteral lowering medicine.  Nancy
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yep,

More than cholesterol lowering medications too - there's an antidepressent out there called Celexa, and it has a warning on it not to eat grapefruit...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Carolyn...interesting...My oldest (almost 11 yr old) is on celexa for anxiety and I don't recall ever being warned about grapefruit...nor do I recall ever seeing it on the packaging! (not a big deal as she doesn't like grapefruit...but makes me wonder about other citrus type fruits...like Oranges...that she LOVES!!)
Veronica
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Veronica - I've only seen the warning on ONE bottle in a whole bunch of years... I would ask the pharmacist.  I'd be interested in what he/she has to say...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I am taking Simvastatin a generic for Zocor.  My papers that came with the meds said that I was NOT to consume MORE THAN 1 QUART of grapefruit JUICE (And it said JUICE)  in a day.  I take the meds at night and usually eat the grapefruit in the a.m.  I don't think it has affected it as my cholesterol levels were way down the last time we checked them.

But, yes, we should use caution with meds and grapefruit. 

Veronica, it doesn't mention any other citrus than grapefruit.  When I was taking Procardia a few years ago, I was NOT supposed to eat ANY grapefruit.

Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on January 31st, 2007, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

just interesting...I'll have to check a little better when we get her meds next time!