TO ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki

Re: TO ALL MEMBERS, PLEASE READ

Post by niki »

hi guys...it's the particular combination of bioflavanoids in grapefruit that affect the way certain medications are metabolized....it's not because it's citrus so it's not true for other citrus fruit.....what you do, jeanne, is absolutely fine...i even read that if you already consume grapefruit and are on medication,that you shouldn't stop eating it...but instead you should be monitored with blood levels of the medication or checked for symptoms that you're on too much medication....
  the same thing is true of coumadin.......because it's a blood thinner,it's affected by foods that you eat that are rich in vitamin k......i tell patients when i discharge them on coumadin to continue eating the way they normally eat....salads and greens are rich in vitamin k...so i tell them to eat a big salad every day if that's what they like....but,not to eat salad twice one day and not eat any at all the next.....................hope this helped.....niki
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

could count on you as usual to have the answers Niki!!
imkay

Post by imkay »

my DH is on Carbatrol for epilepsy and can not have grapefruit either.  and he loves it!  take on this  bean queen?
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
niki

Post by niki »

hi kay,i just read this...i was away for a couple of days....carbatrol is time release tegretol.....it says not to drink grapefruit juice because it will interfere with your body metabolizing it....and because it's time release,you're metabolizing it all the time.......i mean,you see how jeanne takes her cholesterol medication at night and during the day,she'll eat grapefruit..that's fine because her body has already metabolized it....
    poor grapefruit...what a bad rap it gets......gosh,i'm glad i don't have any issues...they were on sale 5/$1 and i bought 25..........sincerely,niki
I Can

Post by I Can »

Thank you for the book, website AND this comment

I Can
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Hello all,
I called to order the Mortons Sausage and Meatloaf Seasonings Mix and they have a new # 630-343-0240.
My next question is for Little Mary or Roger or someone who can tell me what so special about this mix. I think it's terribly expensive, because of shipping I got 12 packages.it was $45.00.
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
mikdar

Post by mikdar »

Go for it Roger.  I buy and sell but this site  is about helping each other. 

Mike
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEt0sbM/]
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Veronnnniiica,  OK, OK, OK,  hold on there!  I was reading the replies to the topic and spotted yours. Did you really mention a Hot Dog that works on this plan?  Or, did I hallucinate it?  Please share more!  Are these readily available?  Like in a store? What's in them?

I think I love you! *love*

Julie :rose:
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Julie; I checked out the ingredients of the hotdogs Veronica mentioned. If you are absolutely GOING to eat a hotdog, this one would possibly be a better choice than most. BUT it is NOT lowfat. (Even though it is lower fat than others.) It does not say what parts of the cow are used. I still would not use this hotdog from a weight-loss standpoint.
NJ

applegate farms hot dogs
Ingredients:  Organic Grass-Fed Beef, Water, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Sea Salt, Organic Spices, Organic Garlic Powder, Organic Paprika, Celery Juice, Organic Onion Powder, Lactic Acid Starter Culture (Not From Milk).
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

OK, so where can we buy Real Foods Original Corn Thins ?
mamavan

Post by mamavan »

Nancy,
Thank you for mentioning the grapefruit issue w/certain statins...I love grapefruit, but for the last several years I've not been able to eat it because I'm on Zocor. And my own doctor never mentioned to me not to eat grapefruit...I had been on the medication for quite sometime when reading the label one day when I picked up the prescription ... was a warning not to eat grapefruit! It would not surprize me that many are not aware of this.
Cheryl
rhode bender

Re: roy

Post by rhode bender »

Roy, I  purchased you book a couple of weeks ago, but I am puzzled by piece of info that I am not sure to understand it clearly. In your book you mentioned that 100 % of you profits will go to churches, charities and ministries to spread God's Word throughout the world. In the video clip on your website, you said if for cancer research.  Either both is fine with me, but could you tell me where it goes? Some of my friends are catching up with this and I would like to be able to respond to that.
Thank you and Blessings to You!

Rhode
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Excellent and achievable goal Roger and we all do our best with the help of our LORD to make it a reality, one person, one doctor and one day at a time.

[glow=red,2,300] AND as of today, 2 months from reading about LDL in "First" magazine I am down inches, sizes, pounds and lipid profile numbers!!! [/move] :thumbsup: *woot* :laughing: *hug* :kiss: :rose: Thank you! Lynda
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

My husband takes regular Tegretol for seizure disorder.  I just bought a bag of grapefruit for him to eat.  We have never heard that grapefruit would be  a problem.  Is it just the time release type.
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Wendysgoodnews, I would recommend checking with your pharmacist about the grapefruit. My husband takes cholesterol reducing medication and was told by his doctor to limit grapefruit consumption. He doesn't eat grapefruit at all. I've heard the same about grapefruit and from several medical professionals.  I don't know what the affects are however but I'd check it out.  Eljayne
montanashirl
New, but learning

Post by montanashirl »

[glow=red,2,300]I have been told that grapefruit reduces the effectiveness of seizure meds as well.  I love grapefruit, but because of my meds, I choose not to eat them....sad though!!!![/glow] :sideways: