TOMORROWS A CLEAN SLATE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Race Fan

Re: TOMORROWS A CLEAN SLATE

Post by Race Fan »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:DAY NINE AND STILL GOING STRONG!!!

Awesome news ... way to go!  I wish you much success!

I read that you were thinking of starting a class at your church.  If you need any help or support from a fellow LDL'er, let me know ... I'm in the Western suburbs too.

Keep up the great work! 

Hugs!

Dawn

>^..^<   
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks Mary and Dawn.  Its day 11 and it might as well be day 500.  I feel great and havent cheated at all.  Im not doing the scale thing this time cause I dont want to know.  Maybe I will weigh in on my Birthday and give it to myself as my present.!!  It was too much of a rollercoaster last time so Im just gonna believe in my clothes.  I'm reading Body Clutter by Flylady right now and am getting rid of too big clothes/baggy clothes as I grow out of them.  She says they are a deterent to weight loss because you can hide in them thinking noone knows how big I am.  Let ya know if she says anything else profound.
Love and God Bless
Debbie
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

I too need to do some serious closet de-cluttering. I guess my weekend is set!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey this green tea is a god's send.  It was a big step for me to give up the diet soda 11 days ago and  I was getting a little bored of water.  I was feeling stuck between a rock and a hard place since I also vowed to give up artificial sweeteners which then cut out all the crystal light fruit drinks and teas with splenda for me too.  Funny thing is it was right under my nose the whole time.  I went into my tea drawer thinking I probably had a small box from 100 years ago and low and behold I had a big sealed 100 count box I bought this summer when I gave up caffiene earlier!!!! Jackpot.  Im on my third cup today.  Thanks Roger for bringing this up and reminding me what a good idea I thought it was six months ago too!!!
God Bless
Debbie
niki

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:Hey this green tea is a god's send. 

AND it would be REALLY hard to drink too much of it...i drink a lot of tea....and there are a lot of REALLY nice flavored ones that you should check out,debbie,especially celestial seasonings...........niki
imkay

Post by imkay »

i sipping on my cup of green tea too!! celestial seasonings makes a great candy cane tea for the holidays and it is made with green tea.  there is probably some left over in some stores.  if you like pepperment, try this stuff.  yum!! and i like the fact that they don't even need sweeteners. thanks roger for the reminder!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Niki,

Does the place where you are teaching the LDL lifestyle serve any kind of food?  If so, perhaps they would substitute (or add) some soup (Taco, perhaps) and something else from LDL for your teaching session.  When I taught LDL at the Bible study class, we also served a supper.  They already had the hot dogs, so we added Taco Soup and LDL baked beans.

One of the ladies who was not able to be at the teaching is now reading my book.  So, I will see what her response to it is. 

I used the dry erase board when I taught it.  It was neat to be able to used it and erase it when you wanted to move on to another part.  I even offered to make copies of the recipes, but...one tills, one plants, one plows, one waters, and finally one harvests.

Yes, Debbie, it was me who taught the LDL plan.  But, it didn't deter me from enjoying it.  I am wearing clothes from my closet that I haven't worn for 5-8 years...???  So, people think they are new.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi jeanne....i really mostly plan on discussing what it did for roger,what it's done for me and how it works..then i'll answer questions....the owner of the coffee house and her friend have been on let's do lunch for a few weeks now(i think)successfully........
  i'll direct them to the boards and they can get ALL the info they could possibly need......i feel that people are ready or they're not.....i was DEFINITELY ready.....for me just seeing the title made something click and i just knew that this was for me...
  tell me,jeanne,i remember your saying that they just felt that they didn't want to be without their junk food and unhealthy carbs.....have any of them changed that line of thought?......niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

I used the dry erase board so I could write what we could have and what we avoided.  There is one who was not at the meeting that is reading the book right now and she seems very interested.  She does the cooking at her parents house. 

There is another couple who might be interested and I want to have them over to "try" LDL as they run a restaurant and were not able to be at the program.  So, at this point, I have no clue as to who might be following it and just has not said anything.

They keep telling me about some of their ailments...and I keep telling them about testimonies from the boards and keep suggesting that they eliminate even the potatoes and the breads...so only God knows.

I just know...we both feel so much better when we follow LDL.  A couple of weeks ago Jim wanted to go to the Chinese buffet.  (I have already learned to just go and not say anything.)  Then when he realized how uncomfortable he was and how much worse he felt, he said, "We are eating LDL foods.  I feel so much better when we eat 'our' foods.".  (Like...duhhhhh!!!!!  I thought we had already settled that issue!)

Just follow your heart and God will direct you.  I will be praying for your success. 

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Dear LDL Friends,
If any of you have been following this post and wondered where I dissapeared to again...Miss Niki has shamed me into coming back on and working thru my issues ONE MORE TIME.  I vow to not let a one week slip turn into a two week slip.  Here is my reply back to her regarding my where-abouts.  I figure if I try and live my life with my faults out in the open instead of shamefully trying to hide it maybe I can begin to break the habits that lead to my failures in the past.  Yet Once Again.....and if it takes 100 more times I am prepared to do what it takes....TODAY IS MY CLEAN SLATE!!!! 
Thanks for Being Here for Me and Loving me when I cant find the Strength to Love Myself
Debbie

Hey Miss Niki,
If youre the parole officer.....I think youre gonna have to LOCK ME UP!!!! Ive been on a bad streak since superbowl Sunday.  I just dont seem to be able to make this work for me long term and I dont know what to do about it.  It doesn't take much for me to return to my old habits.  Having a house full of other people that are not eating LDL foods is too much temptation for me or something.  Its like I can hold off for a couple weeks but once I blow it my will power flies out the window.  Maybe I just need to pray for a plan from God designed especially for me just like Roger did and figure it out from trial and error.  I felt really discouraged this past time after two weeks of being REALLY GOOD and the scale didn't even budge.  Im sure I was on the verge of losing something but I cant seem to get to the part where I scale down my portions enough to lose weight on LDL.  I think LDL could help me lose all the weight I want.  I dont think I should be eating flour, sugar, or potatoes.....I think they are bad for me.....I just dont know how to live without a chocolate treat every so often ( okay lets be honest....daily lol)  I think if I really enjoyed FRUIT....I could replace chocolate with fruit....but I never did care for it all that much.  I ate it but I wasn't loving it.  I do love the bean soups though.  I think if I can come up with a few daily meal planners and do better at being prepared and not letting my hunger get away on me I can do better.  I have started again this morning with my clean slate attitude but I feel stupid posting my failure YET AGAIN.  This thyroid thing is really still a big part of the problem.  I have to figure out a way to have some caffeine without it making me eat more.  Even while eating all the allowed foods on LDL.......Its like a double edged sword....I dont have the energy without the added caffeine, but when I have a little caffeine I'm much hungrier.  Like I said earlier....I believe God has led me to LDL for a reason.  I also believe one size doesn't fit all.  I think I can take LDL and with a few modification I can make it work for me somehow.  Niki I appreciate so much you taking the time to stay in touch with me about this.  I just hate that I am starting to become the kind of person I cant stand....all gun ho one minute then fall on my face the next week.  I just love how it feels to be cravings free but I envy the willpower that Ben, Little Princess, and Veronica seem to have.  I feel like Michelle when she complained about "Why do I feel like I sabatoge myself?"  I seriously think HORMONES play a HUGE PART in all this.  I think that is something Roger didn't consider when designing LDL.  Im sure his mom and Neets probably were past it when he came up with this so maybe that is why it worked good with them?  Im not sure....I just know I have to figure out a way to take what Ive learned here and make it work for me.  I know so many people who just by giving up the "white stuff" dropped a lot of weight so I have no doubt that I can make it work.  Keep me in your prayers and I will remain committed best I can to figuring this out.
Love Ya
Debbie
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

With permission from my Faithful LDL Friend I am happy to post her comforting reply to me this morning!!!
She always has a way of somehow bringing back the focus for me.  Her words are so powerful to me and I just wanted to share them with you in case anyone is feeling as I have lately regarding their progress or lack of progress as in the case of me.  What follows is Nikis reply.

hey...in that case,  I'M LOCKIN YOU UP............the reason you can't make this work is the same as my daughter.......I'm still going to say you're not eating until full......all this talk about what that means is hysterical...............I often eat until STUFFED.....I am telling you that I eat a big salad with artichoke hearts and kalamata olives and marinated mushrooms......I'll have a big bowl of bean soup....yesterday, after eating 2 bowls of bean soup, I then ate oven fried chicken......I often feel like I feel after holiday eating when I eat like this....and THIS is what works......my daughter absolutely doesn’t eat until full....she doesn't snack in between....she treats this like it's a diet and THAT'S why it doesn't work...
  there are plenty of people that are your age with hormone issues that make this work.....I am telling you that every time you eat ONE thing you shouldn't eat, you set yourself back.....cook up a storm, THEN EAT IT.....forget about thinking you have to cut down on anything......let your appetite do that naturally....
  bear in mind that it is a little harder for you because you might have a LITTLE thyroid issue....you're fit and so you have a lot of muscle...that muscle wraps itself around the fat to make you look like you weigh less....BUT it also makes it a little harder to lose that fat......believe me, I KNOW....because I was too tired to work out for a number of years, I lost a lot of the muscle....I weigh less now than I weighed when I was working out and I still don't fit into clothes that I wore at a higher weight with more muscle on my body.......
  COMPLETELY take out of your mind that you want to lose weight.....focus on eating the wonderful, fulfilling,  healthy way.....and just know that I REFUSE to let go.....you WILL do this.....you have in your hand the way to lose it and KEEP it off......YOU DO......you're just not eating until full  long enough to do the trick.....I won't lose any more weight because my face couldn’t handle it...if I were younger, I would have used let's do lunch to turn myself into a human toothpick..........but I'm going to be satisfied with what I have....
  so get your butt into gear,missy.........niki

To which I replied...... 

[b].....I am telling you that I eat a big salad with artichoke hearts and kalamata olives and marinated mushrooms......I'll have a big bowl of bean soup....yesterday, after eating 2 bowls of bean soup, I then ate oven fried chicken.....[/b]

THIS SOUNDS DELICIOUS, WHATS WRONG WITH ME THAT IM NOT MORE EXCITED ABOUT EATING THIS WAY!!!!!! I VOW TO STOP THE NEGATIVE DIALOG RIGHT NOW!!!!

Miss Niki, I am ABSOLUTELY encouraged by your words!!!!!  You are right......my husband said as much yesterday when he commented he'd be happy to eat less food.....its just when I tell him we are on a DIET or HEALTHY EATING PLAN ( when we dont want to say the "D Word" that he feels DEPRIVED!!!!  I should be eating this way cause I FEEL BETTER not because its making me SKINNY!!!  Okay now dont wait 7 days next time to check up on me ROFL!!!!! Especially till I can get past the 28 days till a habit is formed.  Sometime after the 14 to 21 days point my Brain  must feel the pressure and automatically go into SABOTAGE MODE!!!!! lol
niki

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:.and if it takes 100 more times I am prepared to do what it takes....TODAY IS MY CLEAN SLATE!!!! 

whatever it takes is what we all need to do.....to NOT do it is to say that roger put so much energy into sharing what changed his life, for nothing......and WE KNOW that that is NOT going to happen.....
  so get into that kitchen and cook your favorite ldl foods....COOK UP A STORM....then eat....keep stuff around that's allowable.......FORGET about that little fringe benefit of shrinking....WHO CARES?....you want to eat and be satisfied......you want to be CRAVING FREE......this is a way of eating that will change the way you look at food AND the way your children will also...it'll keep you healthier longer, so that you'll live well to see your children marry and have children themselves...........

and now, niki will step off the soapbox....EVERYONE, get your acts together......you know what to do....and if you're in doubt,you can post ANYTHING here and get a half dozen responses................IT'S TIME......................niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I know I KNOW!!!! LOL  You are both right.  I'll be successful on LDL when I make up my mind to be!!!  And Mary... you are right I have found in the past that the raisins did help quench the chocolate cravings.  Now back to my bowl of chicken corn chowder and I will cease with whining.
Thanks Gals
Love
Debbie
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Debbie I so appreciate your honesty!  I feel like jumping ship at times--it's coming up to my cruise date and I am NOWHERE'S near the 30# loss I had hoped.  But the good news is I am still at least 15# or more less.  I just keep fluctuating between 15-19.  I get discouraged at times--maybe I am not eating till FULL?  I think I am, but sometimes I wonder if my body is just thinking I'm not eating enough and is HOLDING onto the extra weight.  I slipped this weekend when I went to a luncheon.  I was doing good till they brought out a yummy dessert and this one time I JUST HAD TO TASTE!! And yes, I think it was worth it 8)  But starting yesterday I went back to LDL full force.  Yesterday I just ate LDL approved soup and fruit.  Today so far I have had my smoothie for breakfast.  Was now hungry so made a big bowl of popcorn.  When I come back from my lunchtime walk, I'll have some chicken and the brocolli/cauliflower salad that is in our book.  I leave Sunday for my trip and am going to try hard not to go overboard on food there.  Will try and make wise choices and get in lots of walking and of course I'll be energized by all that gospel music.  Hang in there Debbie, together we're gonna do this!!!
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

Hi Debbie
You don't know me very well.  I am a silent LDL member who stays in the shadows and reads the posts a few times a week.  Niki is my policeman too.  I send her personal emails with questions and she is always there for me.  She lives close by me, so I even told her to come kick my butt if she doesn't hear from me.  She is persistent and is NOT giving up on ME or YOU I see.  

I can totally relate to your posting today.  It felt like I was reading my own story.  I have my set backs too and I have my weak moments and give into my cravings.  I too pray that these cravings will once and for all GO AWAY!  It's very hard to have all non LDL food around.  I am in the same boat as you Debbie.

I want to be a success story.  I know we can do this.  With Niki's help and encouragement and everyone else on the boards too.  

I am praying for the both of us to be strong.  You seem like such a sweet and caring person and you really deserve this as much as anyone else.  

Don't give up Debbie.  I am routing for ya!  
Tara
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hey Suz, You are gonna have an AWESOME time on the ship Im sure.  Just think of all the delicious fruit and veggies and fresh seafood and chicken they will have there and your own personal chef and waiter to serve it up to you!!!!  Dont be afraid.....have a wonderful trip and I will be here in "our own personal clean slate LDL boat" waiting for you with open arms to get back and tell us all about it.  You are so sweet and kind I appreciate your warm caring compassionate words and its sooooo comforting to know we are all here facing the same struggles/battles each day and can all love each other in spite of ourselves!!!
Love Ya,
Debbie
HAVE A GREAT TRIP SUZ
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Tara your post brought tears to my eyes sweetie.  I was wowed to see you hadnt posted since last October and yet you felt like you should post me some encouragment!!!!  How SPECIAL is THAT and YOU!!!!!  Niki is such an inspiration to me.  Even when shes not emailing me shes sitting on my shoulder saying HEY DONT EAT THAT!!!....Sometimes I tell her to SHUT UP but her spirit is with me always.  A price cant be put on her support.  She has been successful on here and while the rest of us have our ups and downs she is so stong in her desire for us to all reach her at the other side of this journey!!!!!  We are ALL so deserving of this and in Gods eyes noone more deserving than another.  Im am praying so hard that anyone who is brought here to this site for help can truly find it here once and for all.  Thank you so much Tara, I'm rooting for you TOO sweetie!!!!
Love Debbie
taragrace

Post by taragrace »

Thanks Debbie, I appreciate your kind words. 

Even though I don't post, guess I'm a bit shy and probably just feel funny since I'm not doing so great, I read the boards almost daily when I can. 

I slipped up on Saturday and ate quite a few "bad" things.  But I'm back on track.  It's a brand new day.  In the past I would beat myself up too but I'm trying not to do that anymore.  We are human after all.

You are very pretty and don't seem like you have that much to lose.  I have around 30 pounds to lose myself.  I know I don't wan to be fat again this summer so I am focusing on looking good in shorts and somewhat decent in a bathing suit.  Just imagine yourself thin and how good you will look and feel this summer!

Tara 
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

DEBBIE!!! You better just know that you can also come and talk to me ANYTIME!!! I'm usually here or online most evenings! And what's this "Veronica has such good willpower?!?" NOT

I've found myself slipping up frequently with just a nibble here or a taste there.  I just am discovering that if I don't eat a smoothie for breakfast, I have more cravings or if I don't eat beans for at least lunch, I'm ravenous at dinner time. Also I've discovered that if I don't use splenda to sweeten my tea, I have more hunger. Yesterday I ate some fruit on my way to church (banana) and a big chicken salad for lunch. Finally around 9pm I got hungry enough to eat a chicken lettuce wrap sandwich. See if I wasn't following dinner so much better, I'd have eaten tons throughout the day. KEEP THAT POPCORN Handy, keep the frozen grapes handy (or any frozen fruit for that matter!!!)

Now get up off that duff of yours and get back on track!!!
Veronica