TOMORROWS A CLEAN SLATE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
niki

Re: TOMORROWS A CLEAN SLATE

Post by niki »

but..but...but annie.....i DO smoke cigars......but really,only a few a year...i like to smoke them outside at night in the summer....
  i have a question for you...you wrote in your first post that you couldn't tolerate the cholesterol lowering medication....but the number you mentioned is really high......have you tried taking omega fish oil?.....niki 
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Well, I did mostly good today: canned peaches, coffee, banana, water, McDonald's Asian Chicken Salad, water, pinto beans, blue corn chips, salsa, and the no-no -- 8oz can of Coke.
NJ
jerio

Post by jerio »

Oh..ok..cigars can be relaxing I guess..a few times a year..haha.Oh yes the number was very high...I do take fish oil and also Co-Q10 , vitamin C, and some other supplements..I am hoping that the number was really off because of the blood sugar being high too...I think that this LDL way of eating will do a lot to reduce that number also....I've considered that if the number is still way high on the next blood test, I may have to take the statins for a while even if they make me sick..but Im praying that the numbers will be down a lot....thanks for your help.   Annie
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

NJ that is wonderful.  You did great sweetie (except for the coke of course)  I myself would kill for one but I promised myself I would try to give em up to see if I lost faster this time around.  I think Im going to head to bed early tonight so as to not be tempted to ruin my DAY ONE!!!!  Hey Guess what NJ.....TOMORROWS ANOTHER CLEAN SLATE!!!!! YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!  You can fix the coke thing tomorrow by having an icy cold smoothie in your hand when he cracks open the can tomorrow!!!  Im so proud of you Dear.  Thanks so much for being my friend on LDL.  I look forward to having another legal day tomorrow with you by my side!!!! My prayers tonight before bed will be for our continued success on getting back on the LDL track.  Have a Great nite!!!  GREAT JOB ((((((((((((((NJ))))))))))))))
Love and God Bless
Debbie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you Debbie!
Let's "hit the sheets" before we're tempted to eat anything else! Good Night! I'll talk to you tomorrow.
EnJae
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I did good... smoothie for bkfst, salad for lunch...and steak w/ corn for dinner!
Iced tea to drink all day!!!!
You others can do this too!!! Just take it one day at a time!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

robnveronica wrote:I did good... smoothie for bkfst, salad for lunch...and steak w/ corn for dinner!

What! No beans?!?!

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
niki

Post by niki »

joecaracappa wrote:
robnveronica wrote:I did good... smoothie for bkfst, salad for lunch...and steak w/ corn for dinner!

What! No beans?!?!
Joe

well,princess veronica,what have we to say about this allegation?..................
                                  signed,
                            the bean queen
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Annie,

My doc has me taking an omega fish oil caplet and it is a mega dose...I'm thinking something like...???1500???.  I will check when I get home (if I don't forget it) and clarify this post then.

I also take a multi-vitamin, calcium 3 times a day (BUT NOT with the multi as it has iron in it), the fish oil, and CoQ10.  Plus my two blood pressure meds and the metformin two times per day.  He said perhaps this next visit we can talk about cutting down on the meds.  I also take generic Zocor.

Hope this helps.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

quote:
What! No beans?!?!
Joe

well,princess veronica,what have we to say about this allegation?..................
                                  signed,
                            the bean queen

joe...I said I had a salad...I didn't say what was ON the salad!!!!

So Bean Queen don't despair: I had kidney beans, garbanzo beans and 3 bean salad on top of the lettuce greens, along with cucumber and carrots. Then I placed some of the hot veggies they were serving on top of the salad: green beans, carrots, cauliflower and Lima beans.

See.... I had many many MANY BEANS!!!!

I would NEVER let my bean queen down!

Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:joe...I said I had a salad...I didn't say what was ON the salad!!!!

So Bean Queen don't despair: I had kidney beans, garbanzo beans and 3 bean salad on top of the lettuce greens, along with cucumber and carrots. Then I placed some of the hot veggies they were serving on top of the salad: green beans, carrots, cauliflower and Lima beans.

See.... I had many many MANY BEANS!!!!

I would NEVER let my bean queen down!

Veronica

good girl...you NEVER let me down.....THAT'S why you are a princess of the realm AND chairperson of the N.O.P.C.B....
                            signed,
                        the bean queen
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

niki wrote: .....THAT'S why you are a princess of the realm AND chairperson of the N.O.P.C.B....
                             signed,
                        the bean queen

I'm afraid to ask.........

Joe
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

joecaracappa wrote:
niki wrote: .....THAT'S why you are a princess of the realm AND chairperson of the N.O.P.C.B....
                             signed,
                        the bean queen

Joe

N.O.P.C.B...the national organization for the promotion of the consumption of beans
niki

Post by niki »

Grammasuz wrote:
joecaracappa wrote:
                             signed,
                        the bean queen

Joe

N.O.P.C.B...the national organization for the promotion of the consumption of beans

i didn't set you up on purpose,but THANKS for a great laugh.....i REALLY needed one today....and see,the queen mum is just as on the ball as princess veronica..
  don't forget who you are....the court jester.........niki
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

[ ]
niki wrote:    don't forget who you are....the court jester.........niki

O.K.................but do I need the chalace from the palace or the flagon with the dragon?

Joe
niki

Post by niki »

joecaracappa wrote:O.K.................but do I need the chalace from the palace or the flagon with the dragon?
Joe

hey.on that stuff,you're on your own.........
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Well Niki,
Thank the Lord I have two days of LEGAL LDL under my belt.  But more important than that is TWO DAYS WITHOUT DIET SODA!!!!  I seriously think the diet pop kept me personally from being successful on LDL and stopped me from losing.  I think the artificial sweetener kept me craving sugar.  I never missed potatoes, bread, rice or pasta, just still craved cookies, candy, cake etc.  I just couldnt shake my cravings for SWEETS even though I was eating plenty of fruit and drinking fruit smoothies.  I think I just kept giving myself the taste of SUGAR by drinking it and not just the natural sugar found in fruit.  How else can I explain being rid of all cravings but SUGAR.  I promised myself this go-round I would give up the soda and see if my results were any better.
Love and God Bless
Debbie
niki

Post by niki »

that's GREAT,debbie....i am so happy to hear that you're doing so well(i just told you that...but i thought i'd tell you again) ...and i find it SO interesting that it was very probably the diet soda......it backs up what i've read online about the effects of artificial sweetener on people's appetites.........keep up the good work,kiddo......niki
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Interesting! Glad  you've made it "Legally" for 2 days!!! I keep drinking my Ice Tea with sweetner and it doesn't seem to bother me!

I don't crave sweets or breads etc. But I know when we used to experiment (when hubby was actually monitoring sugar levels) his sugars would go up with caffeine diet but not with caffeine free diet pop!

Good luck tomorrow!!! And how is NJ doing????
Veronica
imkay

Post by imkay »

ok my IM friends (you know who you are!)  i too am on day 2 of clean slate.  and as i don't drink soda or coffee that is not slowing me down. 

i tried niki's idea of no juice in my smoothie.  i am using sf soy milk instead.  and it's awesome!! 

so day 3 here we come!!!!!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice