still learning

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
cm in tn.

still learning

Post by cm in tn. »

Good morning to all.Iwanted to know i cook my conction food for couple days i thought i had ground turkey but after i had cook it i look and the label sayed ground pork will it be ok to eat the ground pork?Iam not use to this ground stuff i didnt know you could buy it DDDaaa!like i said before never stayed on a diet long enough. Also i stopped the crystal light and guess what iam getting back the full feeling Boy do i love Rogher and this plan !Thank you for sharing your plan with us you will be richely bless for your love of helping so many to break awy from the devil of food GOD BLESS! tHANKS TO ALL WHO WROTE ME AND GAVE ME GOOD ADVICE YALL R GREAT ! bettboop i will write as soon as they will let me CM IN TN
niki

Re: still learning

Post by niki »

hi cm.....i hate waste..so if there's someone else who would eat it,let them....otherwise,in your place,i would probably blot out as much fat as i could and would eat it when i was eating a big salad and a big bowl of bean soup so that i would not eat that much of it....or eat it with a small piece of chicken breast or something in order to not eat as much of it....
  but,don't be surprised if people tell you to not eat it....but you could easily end up in a social situation where you get stuck eating something like this...but if you can,try not to put yourself in one of those situations for a while.................niki
Jeanie Partington
New, but learning

Post by Jeanie Partington »

Hi CM.  I"m new, too.  Just recently, I went through my pantry and put the stuff that my husband an I are not going to eat into bags and gave to some friends who have two teenagers.  It is just a choice that you need to make.  Try to do your best.  As far as the ground pork, I guess you could fry it into crumbles and then put it into a collander and run hot water over it to get as much fat off of it as is possible.  I sometimes do that with ground beef.  It still tastes good, but the grease is washed away.  Don't you just love being able to ask questions here and get great advice?  There are so many lovely people who have a lot more experience and are so happy to share with us "newbies."  Just hang in there.  Keep reading the posts and make sure that you have read Roger Troy's book at least three times.  It is amazing what I missed the first read through.  I am now on my second read through. 

Jeanie
Give me the recipe to be healthy and lose my excess weight and I will do it.  I firmly believe that God gave Roger Troy the recipe and we are all benefiting from it.
cm in tn.

Post by cm in tn. »

hello every one so i ate the pork ha vent weighted try not to till end of month i am thinking pizza have been wanting it for a week but so far have fought the temptation boy that is hard maybe soon this will pass i pray it will thanks so very much for helping me nickie and jeanne yes i love having this board to go to for help and encouragement every has been so supportive it help when some one Else knows what your fighting the fat monsterthank a bunches of grapes god bless cm in tn
niki

Post by niki »

cm,when you have cravings for anything that isn't sweet,EAT MORE BEANS.....when you have a craving for something sweet,EAT MORE FRUIT...........keep me posted...................niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

For your pizza craving, make the Pizza Soup from these boards.  Or another thing I do is get the Frito Lay BAKED Scoops and put Salso or Picante Sauce (without sugar) on them and a small piece of soy cheese and micro for 20-30 seconds.  They have done the trick for me.  Perhaps it is just the cheese that you are craving?  If it is the spices, we also like the Taco Soup.  And I have done the Taco soup with celery, carrots (sauted with the turkey and onion), and then also added green beans and peas - more like veggie soup.  I call it Taco-veggie soup.

Let us know if this helps...

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
cm in tn.

still a baby

Post by cm in tn. »

thanks so much girls  i dont know what kind of low fat cheese to buy  i dont eat alot fo cheese before i started ldl but this pizza graving is getting to me i will make the taco soup this weekend. i will nont give into temptation!!!!!!i have tried loe fat and fat free salad dressing and pu------we its nasty so in order for mw to eat salads and veggies i  use regular blue cheese dressing on my salads like  Roger said you show me some who eats salads and i ll show you some one thin! Of course the dressing is on the side>I cant get over this plan i am feeling g------ood!!!!thanks again . hill billy in tn !!!    GOD BLESS1 cm in tn
niki

Post by niki »

hi cm....you can either use soy cheese or fat free mozarella.....if cheese was never one of the things you loved,THAT'S GREAT.....it was always one of my favorite things BEFORE let's do lunch..........NOW i have all new favorites................just keep eating beans and fruit and the cravings will be GONE...............i think making mary's pizza soup is a great idea...or debbie's minestrone with meatballs.....
  i would go VERY easy with the blue cheese dressing.....roger recommends just dipping your fork into it.....
  keep us posted..................sincerely,niki
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi cm,

You can also do a search for pizza recipes that are LDL approved.  Like niki says, the veggie cheeses are YUMMY!  Good Luck and keep us posted!  :)

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Re: still a baby

Post by cm in tn. »

Good morning to all ! iHAVE ANOTHER QUESTION I DONT SEE OKRA ON THE LIST OF VEGGIES I KNOW U CANT HAVE FRIED OKRA BUT I LOVE BOILED OKRA ALSO WHAT ABOUT PICKLED OKRA I HAVE A JAR LEFT FROM PARTY IN DEC  IT HAS NO SUGAR OR CALORIES I AM STILL DOING GOOD PRASIE THE LORD MY CRAVING 4 PIZZA GONE IAM SO PROUD OF ME 4 NOT CAVING IN TO TEMPTATION BUT AS WE ALL KNOW TOMMOROW IS ANOTHER DAY GOT 2 GET THROUH THIS ONE FIRST GOD BLESS HILLY BILLY IN TN CM IN TN
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Okra, I am sure, is an approved vegetable...just not breaded and fried.  I like it in fresh tomatoes, chopped onions, and sliced okra, just sort of stewed.  I am a northerner and very few northern people grow it.

Just keep on keeping on.....on LDL and you will win the weight battle.  I can only take one second at a time...I cannot even reach out for a minute most days.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

As a rule, the best vegtables are the ones that have deep rich colors. Okra certainly is that but just make sure you prepare them with acceptable ingredients.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.