what is your longest PLATUEA

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
christianjoy
New, but learning

what is your longest PLATUEA

Post by christianjoy »

i have given up all of the no-no foods, havent had any sugars, breads, pastas, nuts, dairy, fatty meats really i have ate ONLY approved foods BUT i have not lost ANY pounds or inches that i can tell for nearly 2 months. i keep telling myself it has to kick in a start working again and i was just wondering how long of a platuea has everyone else went through. i feel like i am an isrealite wondering in the wilderness not getting something. thanks for any input. hope you are all doing well, God bless ya.
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
HarleyGrandma

Re: what is your longest PLATUEA

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I have plateaued out too. Been almost 2 months without losing anything.. and eating by the rules!!  :0)  but I haven't gained either!! So I am still optimistic.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Christianjoy,

Can you post here what you are eating in a typical day?  There may be hidden sugars etc. that you aren't aware of.  *Hugs*  We're here to help you.

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by christianjoy »

hey guys thanks for the concern. i should have said that i have lost 15 to 18 lbs since the last of oct 06, and i have got completely off antidepressants, and i still have not had a bulimic episode since starting---that would be 118 days now!!!!! so i do not want to give up, iam not meaning to whine.
ok heres what i typically eat in a day:
bannana or big bowl of apple sauce unsweetened maybe cup and a half of unsweetened juice --- really nothing but healthy fruit
then i usually have big bowl of popcorn mid morning i have been trying hold off till lunch and i pop that in brown bag in microwave and spray with olive oil pam and salt with sea salt
for lunch i have grilled chicken breast, or pea salad (bowl of frozen peas splenda and 3 0r 4 boiled eggs) or maybe 3 to 5 srambled eggs (no milk added)
then i almost always have another big bowl of popcorn around 4 or 5 oclock
then for supper its usually popcorn and fruit or beans or a veggie soup without potatoes or meat.
i never drink anythink but diet pepsi, tea w/splenda or water (other than the juice in the morning)
and i am ashamed to say i hardly ever exercisebut i am active with a standup all day job and a couple of teenagers to run around, i have a very addictive personality and a few time in my life have been very addicted to exercise, i think iam afraid of getting obcessed again.  thanks again
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Bad news; you aren't going to want to hear this...

I would suggest you drop the juice and the Pepsi until you break your plateau.
(running while ducking for cover, expecting to get beaned by a bottle of diet Pepsi.)
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

thanks enjae, and youd better be running fast ;D,  but really you know i do think that i have maybe been in denial about the diet pespi. i think of it as a treat and i probably need to give it up. i dont usually have more than one 20 oz bottle a day.
but hey, remeber that addictive personality i said i have? wellllllllllll i used to drink 3 --- count them 1 2 3 two liter bottles of diet dew a day !!!!!!!!!!that was a few years ago and the Lord delivered me. oh i have had many many hang-ups.  :P  thanks for your help.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I know what you mean; I used to live on 64oz of coke or Dr. Pepper a day. (2 32 oz cups from the convenience store twice a day)
Now I drink that much water. Then if I drink tea or something else with caffiene I seem to drink even more water.

I don't think you are wrong to drink a bottle of Pepsi. But if you are at a plateau, try giving it up and see if it makes the difference.
What about going on a fruit and soup flush for a day or two; no popcorn?
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I didn't lose anything from the end of October until probably late January.  I was (at least I thought) eating all approved foods the way Roger outlined in the book...

BUT.............  I wasn't.

I was having fat-free half and half in my coffee (just two cups a day) - maybe two tablespoons in each cup, which I discovered has sugar in it... I was also drinking one (sometimes 2) small bottles of Lipton Diet Tea (Monday thru Friday).  Today I read that it has honey in it.  I'm a fanatic about looking at ingredients & can't believe that I missed that.

Anyway, I'm sure that all of these things had something to do with my plateau...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I know all about those blasted ingredients. I want to buy some broth (swanson etc) chicken or beef to have on hand for quick soup (made from left over bean and corn) but dad burn it all...they add sugar, or corn syrup to those!!! Now what in tarnation do we need sugar in BROTH for????@%$%$$%%^%^%^T&
And that's how I feel about the food industry lately!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Veronica,
Isn't it amazing??  I agree with you - why on earth would they put sugar in broth??  Or beans?? 

Most of the time when we go shopping, John and I go together.  When I stop to read labels he gets a little impatient... maybe that has something to do with me ending up with things in my pantry that still have sugar in them.  Not good... so I sometimes go at lunch time and when I do, I pick up everything that I buy and turn it over to read the ingredients...

And Mary - PLEASE...  Don't give a second thought to the fact that I was using fat-free half & half with sugar in it...  this was totally my own mistake.  And to be truthful, I don't think it was any ONE thing, but probably the consumption of many things. 

That's the way it is - I'm smarter now, so I'll go from here.

Carolyn

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Veronica are you kidding me?????????  *runs to look at mine*

OH MY GOSH!!!!!  Okay now I am MAD!!!  I have been using this broth for all of my soups and sauces.  GRRRRRRRRRR!!!! 

I tell you this much, I am now convinced more than EVER that what they tell us about these food companies having FULL knowledge that sugar is highly addictive use it in everything!! 

So what do we do for broth now?  Is there a brand without sugar?  This is both depressing and makes me angry.  Especially when I am trying so hard.  I would have NEVER thought to look on the label for BROTH for goodness sake!!

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by robnveronica »

I still use it occasionally but if you have time, make your own. Then you know it has NOTHING but BROTH!!
Tori

Post by Tori »

At Costco they have an organic chicken broth that doesn't have sugar in it. It's $10, but comes with 6, 1 quart reclosable containers. That is what I use. Maybe you all can find it where you live too.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hmmmmm- I'm going to check and see if BJ's has anything like that.  Thanks, Tori.

Carolyn

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

The more I read, the more I see that things like Splenda and Equal and products that contain them can put the skids to our efforts.  And I just checked the ingredients list on the can of Swanson's Chicken Broth (I bought 1/2 case at Sam's Club) and there is both maltodextrin and sugar in it!!!!!!  I've been using this with abandon since I began and thought I was doing so well.  Back to basics.  I'll make my own broth.  What a bummer.  But it makes me want to redouble my efforts, now that I know what the problem is.  Thanks to all you alert people.  (You know the old saying,  "The world needs more 'lerts'!)

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

patsyfay wrote:The more I read, the more I see that things like Splenda and Equal and products that contain them can put the skids to our efforts.  And I just checked the ingredients list on the can of Swanson's Chicken Broth (I bought 1/2 case at Sam's Club) and there is both maltodextrin and sugar in it!!!!!!  I've been using this with abandon since I began and thought I was doing so well.  Back to basics.  I'll make my own broth.  What a bummer.  But it makes me want to redouble my efforts, now that I know what the problem is.  Thanks to all you alert people.  (You know the old saying,  "The world needs more 'lerts'!)

Pat

I know it can be aggrevating the hidden sugars and stuff in food.  The can of chicken broth I had in my cabinet said it had sugar in it as well. But it also said it only had 10 calories per cup.  I cant imagine that little bit of sugar could halt anyones progress. 
Deb
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on February 26th, 2007, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.