New to LDL

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
RettaJ

New to LDL

Post by RettaJ »

I have been on the LDL eating plan for 3 weeks now and have lost a
total of 16 pounds. I can honestly say that I have had no cravings for
anything I used to eat and I am full and satisfied almost all the time.
The only problem I have had so far is the feeling that I "must" eat or
I won't "get what I need." I'm sure most of that comes from being
overweight most of my life and always turning to food for every
emotional need. Thank you so much for sharing this eating plan with
everyone.

I am 59 years old, and was at my highest weight 3 weeks ago. I feel for the first time in many years that I have a chance of actually sticking with something and getting some of this weight off before it kills me.

Please keep my in your prayers that I can succeed and not go back to old habits.

Retta J
Cappy
New, but learning

Re: New to LDL

Post by Cappy »

Retta J-

Welcome to LDL!  I know that I have found this way of life to be the best ever!  I have been doing this since Oct 2005 and have managed to loose 40lbs.

I know you will succeed!  You will definately be in my prayers and thoughs!

Cappy
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

RettaJ wrote:I have been on the LDL eating plan for 3 weeks now and have lost a
total of 16 pounds. I can honestly say that I have had no cravings for
anything I used to eat and I am full and satisfied almost all the time.
I won't "get what I need." I'm sure most of that comes from being
overweight most of my life and always turning to food for every
emotional need. Thank you so much for sharing this eating plan with
everyone.

I am 59 years old, and was at my highest weight 3 weeks ago. I feel for the first time in many years that I have a chance of actually sticking with something and getting some of this weight off before it kills me.

Please keep my in your prayers that I can succeed and not go back to old habits.

Retta J

Hi Retta...

i found your post extremely interesting - although i'm not absolutely sure that i understand what you are describing.  When you say:

I won't "get what I need."

do you mean that you think that if you don't eat now that there may not be a chance to eat later?  This is something that i think is part of my motivation to eat.  It's like i'm afraid that food can abandon me...something like that.  I know that i had a short separation from my parents as an infant and then another more permanant separation from my grandparents (we lived as an extended family for some years) a bit later on.  I remember stuffing bubble gum in my mouth as i waited for my parents to pick me up from my grandparents' home after my parents purchased our separate home.  One piece of gum wasn't enough -- i put another piece in -- two wasn't enough and neither was four or five or six pieces.  I stopped at seven pieces 'cause my mouth (i was only 7 years old) wasn't big enough to hold more and my jaw muscles under my ears were aching from trying to chew so big a wad of gum....

Thank God i had fast metabolism as a kid and was skinny as a rail (although a compulsive eater as i now look back and recognize) until i hit menopause.

Now i'm going to have to deal with those feelings of abandonment and fear of not being able to depend that something that is here today will likely be here tomorrow too (like left overs and food, for instance). 

Anyway, if that's not what you were meaning, could you please explain more what you mean by your statement?  There seems to be a seed of something there that my brain wants to grasp -- but i can't quite get it.

thanks
margo
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Retta J,

Welcome to LDL and the lunch bunchers.  We are so glad that you have found us.  I don't believe that anyone comes here without the drawing of the Father.  This is a wonderful place to be and a wonderful way to live.

I don't believe that age makes any difference on this eating plan.  You see...this is a life-style change.  It is NOT a diet.  A diet is something temporary.  If temporary is what people are wanting, then they really aren't wanting a permanent change in their body.  I think at this point in my life, I am ready for a life-style change.  A new way of thinking...a new way of eating...a healthier body...better shape...a thinner body...better cholesterol numbers...better blood glucose readings...better everything all around.  I really believe that LDL is the way to live!!!

I think if you will stay on LDL longer, you will find that some of those fears will be relieved.  You will find that as your body is more satisfied with the nutrients that it needs, that you will not be so inclined to "eat" for fear that there won't be any food left.  You will find that your body doesn't NEED as much food as it once did.  You will be entirely satisfied with much less (quantity) food.

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and the lunch boards.  We will help you work through any problems or questions that you may have if you will just post them.

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!